• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Faults of Generation V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WalesNote said:
Gigalith can only be obtained through trading.

I'm assuming that it's one of your favorite Pokemon? While I understand how trade evolutions can be bothersome, they're pretty much a staple in every game because of the fact that Game Freak wants fans to interact and trade. So I personally didn't have a problem with the Dangoro (Roggenrola) family being one of those trade evolution gimmick lines.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I'm assuming that it's one of your favorite Pokemon? While I understand how trade evolutions can be bothersome, they're pretty much a staple in every game because of the fact that Game Freak wants fans to interact and trade. So I personally didn't have a problem with the Dangoro (Roggenrola) family being one of those trade evolution gimmick lines.
I usually only used mine for Lenora and Elesa and Boldore works just fine for that.Though I could see some players wanting to use one for Skyla and Brycen as well.

Last edited:

chozen

The biggest problem with Gen V isn't in the game content, but in the pokemon. And no, I'm not talking about the designs. But rather how awful 95% of the Gen V roster is. I couldn't for the life of me find a solid 6 that I genuinely liked (played through with 5). Excadrill, Seismitoad and the Krook are bangers, but almost everything else early game sucks. You get some really cool mons late game (as expected), but the late evolutions totally kill the excitement since you've already beaten the entire game by the time you get Hydriegon, Mandibuzz, etc.

The game itself is great. And I wouldn't have a problem with only have new mons if they were actually good. But they're not.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I never liked the once per 24 hour restriction the Dream World had or the one hour restriction. Sometimes you needed more time to tend your Berries and play mini games. I didn’t even get half of the HA Pokemon made available. I also didn’t like how BW2 got the extremely short end of the Dream World stick as all of the new Pokémon found there after the games came out were only available for a year and a half before being halted. And you remember the Medals and items you were supposed to get when the Gen VI’s version of the GTS went live? Yeah I never got wha5 was promised despite having an account for years and linking it to the new site. All of my hard work were for literally nothing.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
The overpriced Pokémon in the post game.As soon as you finish all the trainers have Pokémon 20 levels above you which makes you have to grind for hours to defeat them.

I did like medal rally though because it’s the closest Nintendo got to achievements.

Ditto B1tch

Generation V has no faults, it was very complete generation. It's Pokedex was very balanced, the Pokemon were well designed and it bring out the best plot ever. It was all this good without adding any crazy mechanics (mega, z-moves, gigantamax) to the battle system.

shaunreic1992

I also didn’t like how BW2 got the extremely short end of the Dream World stick as all of the new Pokémon found there after the games came out were only available for a year and a half before being halted.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I also didn’t like how BW2 got the extremely short end of the Dream World stick as all of the new Pokémon found there after the games came out were only available for a year and a half before being halted.
That always bothered me too but I think the reasoning could be because of the shut down of the Nintendo WiFi service which did affect so many popular games such as Mario Kart DS. I mean you can’t even get extra free content or 100% some games now because Nintendo WiFi was shut down. You have to remember that not everyone had a DSi or 3DS at the time.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
The fact that the Elite Four were VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to beat. There’s a reason I ended up selling my copy of Black to GameStop soon after I got it. I successfully beat the game once, and failed miserably in subsequent playthroughs.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Generation V has no faults, it was very complete generation. It's Pokedex was very balanced, the Pokemon were well designed and it bring out the best plot ever. It was all this good without adding any crazy mechanics (mega, z-moves, gigantamax) to the battle system.

No game is faultless, there's some flaw in every game. It just might not be something that you noticed or were bothered by. I mentioned numerous flaws with BW on the first page (the region was too linear, the trainer rosters were too limited, NPCs kept bothering you to tell you where to go even when it was plain as day, many of the new Pokemon felt like ripoffs of older Pokemon, BW2's Pokemon and features weren't really moved around to suit the new progression resulting in poor distribution/essential features being locked to post game).

Also, I only thought BW2's Unova Dex was balanced, the original still didn't have quite enough of certain types.

Ultra Beast Lover

The fact that the Elite Four were VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to beat. There’s a reason I ended up selling my copy of Black to GameStop soon after I got it. I successfully beat the game once, and failed miserably in subsequent playthroughs.
I just taught my Samurott Aerial Ace, Surf, Ice Beam, Razor Shell then I overlevelled and brought some items to help heal it. I had a lot of trouble in the sequel, though, on my first playthrough.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Actually the OST of gen 5 is my least fav one, out of all the gens'.
Its still good tho..

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Unfezent's gen 5 Movepool. For the regional bird it had one of the worse movepools for its stats.

I definitely remember this. Unfezant definitely suffered one of the worst movepool treatments of any regional bird. The fact it's a physical attacker but learns mainly special Flying-type moves, and being limited to Fly as its best STAB, still annoys me. Because of this, I always feel it was outclassed by Archeops as a good Flying-type to use through the main story, because Archeops at least actually gets better STAB options like Acrobatics.

Luthor

I definitely remember this. Unfezant definitely suffered one of the worst movepool treatments of any regional bird. The fact it's a physical attacker but learns mainly special Flying-type moves, and being limited to Fly as its best STAB, still annoys me. Because of this, I always feel it was outclassed by Archeops as a good Flying-type to use through the main story, because Archeops at least actually gets better STAB options like Acrobatics.

Yeah plus in White 2 you could also get Braviary at level 25 which has a quite frankly an awesome movepool with great physical options. It was only available on one day but for something like Braviary that's worth the wait.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think that might say more about your team than it does about them. I personally thought they were relatively easy to beat, with the possible exception of Renbu (Marshall) who typically gave me a challenge. But even he could be beaten with a little patience. Having a team of Pokemon at Level 55 or above pretty much guarantees a victory against Gen V's Four Heavenly Kings (Elite Four).

Status
Not open for further replies.