1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The faults of X and Y

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by gentwoer, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ignition

Ignition <I love this godsend

I know it's easy to bash on this gen's faults, but even I must admit there's a lot:
    -Lack of difficulty
    -Small amounts of new Pokémon
    -Megas took over most of the focus
    -Everything from the Power Plant to Zygarde felt incomplete
    -Lacking story
    -Meh post game

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I would've liked to see Zygarde's forms get their own game instead of being introduced in S/M, but at the same time, I tend to dislike blatant cash grabs. So X and Y not getting follow-ups may've been a good thing.

3. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

I agree with what you're saying. Looking back on XY and ORAS as a whole I realize it wasn't the best generation. I hardly used Mega Evolutions to begin with so I think these games don't have much replayability.

4. Ignition

Ignition <I love this godsend

Such a shame to. I love Gen 6 but it's going to be known as the "could've been great" generation. As for the Megas, I didn't use one in any of my play troughs but I did in post game

5. DarkPoke001

DarkPoke001 Dark Pokémon Master

That's a shame, ORAS and Y are the games I keep going back to now (felt a little let down by Moon and not entirely sure some of the changes to game play of Gen VII will continue to the next generation)

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, Gen VI brought handheld pokemon into the fully 3D world and seeing Hoenn (my favourite region) in 3D will always give me nostalgia, and X and Y, were a major advancement on previous games in the series, whilst not perfect still pretty amazing

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

X/Y being the first means that it was almost like a testing ground, but even knowing that I still find some of the X/Y graphics to be quite jarring during cut-scenes especially.

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Kalos Route 1 was just pointless. I understand it has no wild Pokemon for story reasons, but they could have at least put an area accessible by Surfing (similiarly to Unova Route 1), rather than make an entire route empty.

Captain Jigglypuff likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

I’ve always thought the same.

9. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Me too. It’s just that there’s nothing too much other than a straight path and there’s nothing interesting about it. It world be a lot better if it was the location of a hidden Mega Stone or even had a secret area full of powerful Pokémon.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't think much of it, but I now feel like we should've at least met our rivals there. The whole place seems pointless and even its BGM is forgettable.

11. agent9149

agent9149 Member

It felt incomplete. Gamefreak obviously had huge plans for this game but stopped halfway and rushed to finish it. You can just tell there were part of the regions that were left out. You can tell they had bigger plot ideas that were left out and that it was rushed to finish.

I actually liked the idea of multiple rivals and I thought they could have done more with that but they didn't.

It had potential to be harder, with the inclusion mega evolution, you'd think more trainers would have mega evolutions?