1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The faults of X and Y

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by gentwoer, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

Apparently someone thought that the reason there wasn't a Z version because they wanted to do something for it's 20th anniversary and do it with a new Gen. Although I feel that's speculation on my friend's part.

OshyHikari likes this.
  2. Boss1991

Boss1991 Hardcore Pokéfan

It makes sense for them to want to cash in on a new generation for the 20th Anniversary.

OshyHikari likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

The 20th anniversary of the franchise was in 2016, but I don't see why we couldn't have gotten "Z version" in 2015 since no core games were released that year. I don't see what was stopping Game Freak from adding a couple of new gimmicks and features to X/Y and repackaging the games as "Z version" in 2015.

OshyHikari and janejane6178 like this.
  4. RaymondCreek

RaymondCreek Member

i think people exaggerate the kanto pandering. only a few kanto pokemon received mega evolutions and other than that i didn't think kanto was represented in x/y as much as some people like to believe.

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  5. Ignition

Ignition Buttwitch needs more appreciation

Compared to other regions, Kanto had a lot of Megas

There’s a ton of Kanto pandering: Snorlax, gift Lapras, Mewtwo, the gift starters, the first encounter is always a Pidgey, Santalune Forest is just a carbon copy of Virdian’s, & you’re much more likely to encounter Kanto Pokèmon than the at the time new Kalos Pokèmon. I do agree the complaints about Kanto pandering is more annoying than the actual pandering but it’s not like it isn’t there