1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The faults of X and Y

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by gentwoer, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I never tried leveling up without using the Exp. Share since I never turned it off. I do remember how over-leveled my team was by the end of the main storyline in X version, though. When I played Y version I deliberately stopped battling wild Pokemon for extra experience and just battled trainers, but even then my Y team was still in the high 70s when I arrived at the Pokemon League.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  2. carterfeygo

carterfeygo Well-Known Member

Sounds like speculation but could also be accurate. I always thought that maybe Nintendo pressured Gamefreak to move on to Sun and Moon because they thought it would be more profitable to end generation 6 and begin generation 7 as soon as possible. I always hated X and Y for being unchallenging so maybe it was a good decision.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I remember fans speculating that we would get "Gen 6.5" in "Z version" during the last year or two of the Gen VI era, and I often wonder if that was really something that Game Freak planned at one point before they moved on to Gen VII. Personally though, since I disliked Gen VI in general, I'm sort of glad that we didn't get a Kalos game sequel.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  4. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Kalos gyms were too easy like damn. I don't even remember the full gym battle theme from those games because every single gym match lasted 30 seconds or less.

Venomshock and TwilightBlade like this.
  5. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

An awfully boring post game with hardly anything to do unless you like battling since there's the Battle Maison. Nothing else about the post game sticks to mind as fun.

6. juiccbox

juiccbox Idiot Extraordinaire

It was insanely easy and many of the story and characters were forgettable. But it did give us some cool Pokémon and fairy types at least

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

My issue with the introduction of Fairy-types is that it was done in a very contrived way as a method of weakening the dominance of Dragon-types. I also didn't like how Game Freak went ahead and retconned a lot of older Pokemon into becoming Fairy-types.