• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The faults of X and Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentwoer

Inspired by the one for Gen 2....

The gawd awful pacing. It seems to be FOREVER between your first and second badge but you can get like the last 3 or 4 badges within an hour or less

Team Flare is super lame. Not the worst even Pokemon gang (Plasma still sucks sorry Plasma fans they do) but they're lame

AZ (had to look up his name btw) is really underdeveloped. He seems like he was suppose to be a lot more important than he actually is.

Diana is also pretty underdeveloped as a Champion compared to say Blue, Lance in gen 2, and Alder.

The pandering is a bit....pandering. You'll get a Kanto starter early enough you can basically trash your Kalos starter if you want. Pikachu saying its name and everything appears super early in the game. Lucario probably the most successful post-gen 1 Pokemon is given to you. And Mewtwo is available in the post-game with a Mega evolution just cuz

Leonhart

Imagineer
The gap between Viola's Gym and Zakuro's Gym irked me. It gave us a chance to explore several places of interest around Kalos, but I felt that the second Gym may as well have existed in Koboku (Camphrier) Town.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Music was lackluster, post game was garbage, the rivals were as easy as they come, TOO MUCH Kanto.

They really didn’t let Kalos shine in areas where it needed/should’ve.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
There was way too much focus put on Mega Evolution (imagine if the gyms after Korrina had all used Mega Evolution) and the entirety of Team Flare felt tacked on

"Dear Kalos region, we're gonna kill all of you and start anew."
"That's nice."

"Muahaha! We have captured the legendary pokémon of Kalos!"
"...When? Where?"

"Now face this gauntlet of repetitive battles!"
"But why though?"

"I'm gonna make you immortal!"
"Why is that a bad thing?"

"And now we're gonna fire the weapon!"
"You knocked a few houses over and nobody seems upset about it."

I did like the visuals of the weapon firing, and Xerneas/Yveltal's awakening is probably one of the best in the series

While the gym and elite four battle themes are extremely lackluster, I found the battles themselves fun, and the visuals of the different E4 rooms are probably the best of the 3DS era

The best part of the entire game is definitely the Looker Quests though

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lack of post-game, that was the biggest issue I had with X and Y.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What made X and Y really easy was because of the new EXP Share that was able to level up all of your Pokémon even though it can be turned off. It was obtained one you beat the first Gym and I mean all your Pokémon by technicality are holding EXP Shares since then. Without level scaling, Pokémon are going to get the same EXP all over again without getting their EXP gain getting scaled down as their level increases, which opens up for easier Pokémon level grinding.

Also like many others, I found the pacing to be horrible especially how long it took to get from Santalune City to Cyllage City and I got my second, third, fourth and fifth Gym Badges all in one day. Seriously.
Lack of post-game, that was the biggest issue I had with X and Y.
Yeah, there wasn't much to it too. I probably spent a lot of my postgame time in the Friend Safari.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What made X and Y really easy was because of the new EXP Share that was able to level up all of your Pokémon even though it can be turned off. It was obtained one you beat the first Gym and I mean all your Pokémon by technicality are holding EXP Shares since then. Without level scaling, Pokémon are going to get the same EXP all over again without getting their EXP gain getting scaled down as their level increases, which opens up for easier Pokémon level grinding.

Also like many others, I found the pacing to be horrible especially how long it took to get from Santalune City to Cyllage City and I got my second, third, fourth and fifth Gym Badges all in one day. Seriously.

Yeah, there wasn't much to it too. I probably spent a lot of my postgame time in the Friend Safari.
Yea I can see what you mean there.

Fair enough.

That was and is me as well. Did and still do my share of shiny hunting in it.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'm gonna be completely blunt and say:
The major flaw is not seeing Korrina much again after her early game story is over

She's a great character.

Yes I know I have a crush on her too but still.

....At least she gives you a free powerful pokemon though :p But she should be kalos' champion instead of Diantha.

Nothing against Diantha.....its just Korrina is so much cooler to me *shrug*

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'm gonna be completely blunt and say:
The major flaw is not seeing Korrina much again after her early game story is over

She's a great character.

Yes I know I have a crush on her too but still.

....At least she gives you a free powerful pokemon though :p But she should be kalos' champion instead of Diantha.

Nothing against Diantha.....its just Korrina is so much cooler to me *shrug*
Except it's so easy to catch a Riolu very early and by the time she gives you a Lucario, odds are you already have one of your own that's already got some EV training in, so...
I felt kinda bad boxing the one she gave me

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Except it's so easy to catch a Riolu very early and by the time she gives you a Lucario, odds are you already have one of your own that's already got some EV training in, so...
I felt kinda bad boxing the one she gave me
This was one of the issues I had in XY (and Gen VI in general). I hated how they gave you Mega Evolution so early along with that Lucario which can make cheesing through the game even easier. Yes I don't have to use that stuff but the fact that they still give you those options is just bad imo.

I didn't feel bad about boxing the Lucario. I wanted my team to be Kalos Pokemon lol

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't even bother putting Lucario in my team. Not just that it gets stat boosts from Mega Evolution, Mega Lucario has Adaptability as an Ability and it makes the game so much easier.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Another issue I had with X and Y was probably having to wait till the next day and stuff to get different clothes at the stores xD

Thanks to having not played for awhile after awhile I no longer know what days I didn't shop, making collecting everything I didn't get yet feel impossible to me.

I'm glad the sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon games NEVER had this problem ^_^;; Maybe they didn't have such fancy clothing overall; but at least it didn't feel confusing as much to get them all since they no longer were 'different clothes each day you played'. xD; Thats so much better IMO.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Programming AZ’s Floette completely into the game with actual stats and signature move yet never releasing it to players always annoyed me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Programming AZ’s Floette completely into the game with actual stats and signature move yet never releasing it to players always annoyed me.
Yea that one is annoying. Why have it there and not give players a chance to get a hold of one?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yea that one is annoying. Why have it there and not give players a chance to get a hold of one?
I don't know why AZ's Floette was never released. It's still in SM and USUM's data, Light of Ruin's animation was updated, and it even has its own unique Pokedex entry.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't know why AZ's Floette was never released. It's still in SM and USUM's data, Light of Ruin's animation was updated, and it even has its own unique Pokedex entry.
Wow. That one is a head scratcher. Why go so far if not to do so? I hope they release it some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.