• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The faults of X and Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One pretty big one is that the player is unable to access the PC until the player reaches Santalune City. That means if the player has caught more than five Pokémon beforehand, the player is unable to withdraw the extra Pokémon. The player should normally be able to access the PC by the time they reach the first town other than the player's hometown.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One other fault for XY I see is in regards to Mega Evolution. For a game that advertises Mega Evolution as an important part of the story and lore there isn't much variety in the stones you have access to before beating the Elite Four.

In contrast at least ORAS gives you access to most of them from the beginning.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'll now list some of the gripes I had this gen.

- Mega Evolution was handled poorly imo. Did some Pokemon really need to be stronger then before? Why do we need Shadow Tag on Mega Gengar? Not to mention the Kalos Starters didn't get a Mega themselves hilariously enough. Say what you will about Z-Moves but at least they didn't ruin the meta like Megas did, aren't as OP, and that every Pokemon can utilize them to some degree (I think). Even the starters themselves get their own Z moves for crying out loud!

- Lots of trainer's Pokemon did not have all their moveslots filled in with...moves. Only Olympia's Pokemon manages to have entire movesets out of all the gym leaders.

- Team Flare was an awful villainous team altogether. The scientists are carbon copies of each other and are utterly forgettable...even Xerosic didn't have much going for him despite the Emma arc. And Lysandre was just a bad team leader with how he was handled and what not.

- A minor one but the gym music was the most boring theme out of all the gens imo. It doesn't have that feeling of intensity to it.

- The "rivals" were so annoying to deal with and Trevor and Tierno were utterly useless.

- Exp Share + the change to the exp system made the game way to easy even when you turn it off.

- Not being able to access the rest of the power plants was saddening. I loved the Kalos Badlands and wanted to see what was inside the other power plants as all those designs looked great!

- Too many Pokemon shoved into the Dex made it hard to find the newer Kalos Pokemon. I love variety but even too much of it can lead to some problems.

- The gym leaders returned to being cardboard cutouts after how Gen V made them all important in some way.

- Battle Maison felt boring compared to the Subway and the Battle Frontiers. Those Chatelaines are forgettable even if I do like Dana's design and pale in comparison to the superior Subway Bosses imo.

I'm sure I have more but these were what were from the top of my head.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I loved the Kalos Badlands

Wait really? People like the Kalos Badlands? I honestly think this is one of the worst routes in the series. Gimme a second:

1) The aesthetic is uninteresting. Because of where he camera is positioned a lot of the time all you see is a barren, matte red brown coloured ground with your trainer on it. Sure doesn’t beat having a nice variety in scenery on a route. It’s ugly and repetitive.

2) The Pokemon that appear here are not only unvaried (also they’re all old Pokémon lol) but also 2/3 of them can have Arena Trap, which makes encounters annoying if you just want to run from them all.

3) THE BLOODY WIND. Oh boy the wind sucks. I’ve had to wait for it to stop to be able to advance in the direction I want to, and it’s also forced me to encounter Pokémon, which sucks because of Arena Trap.

With these three things combined I honestly think that from every standpoint this is the worst route ever. It’s uninteresting and tedious.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The more I play X and Y the more I don't like it as much. I still like some parts of it, like I'll always have a soft spot for Shauna for whatever reason. But it's so weird how I went from loving this game the first time I played it to just being...meh on it.

There are several faults with this game but the biggest one for me is one many have already mentioned. Now I'm going to as well. The honorable mention goes to the heavy Kanto pandering which ties into the biggest fault of the game for me. MEGA EVOLUTIONS! I have grown to truly detest the concept of Mega Evolutions. It's a popularity contest and more then half the Pokemon that got Megas don't need them. What is to be gained from making Pokemon like Garchomp, Lucario, Salamence, Gengar, Alakazam, The Kanto starters, Gyarados, Metagross, Alakazam, or Pokemon in general that either already have 3 forms or are generally OP. Mewtwo and Charizard have two different Mega Forms. Why would Mewtwo, a already powerful Pokemon need two forms for? Popularity. Some of the Pokemon like Mawhile and Sableye could have used real evolutions but now they have to settle for the Megas. Mega Evolutions was a dumb gimmick for mostly popular Pokemon. I dislike Mega Pokemon and it's starting to sour my experience with the franchise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Minedreigon said:
Wait really? People like the Kalos Badlands? I honestly think this is one of the worst routes in the series. Gimme a second:

1) The aesthetic is uninteresting. Because of where he camera is positioned a lot of the time all you see is a barren, matte red brown coloured ground with your trainer on it. Sure doesn’t beat having a nice variety in scenery on a route. It’s ugly and repetitive.

2) The Pokemon that appear here are not only unvaried (also they’re all old Pokémon lol) but also 2/3 of them can have Arena Trap, which makes encounters annoying if you just want to run from them all.

3) THE BLOODY WIND. Oh boy the wind sucks. I’ve had to wait for it to stop to be able to advance in the direction I want to, and it’s also forced me to encounter Pokémon, which sucks because of Arena Trap.

With these three things combined I honestly think that from every standpoint this is the worst route ever. It’s uninteresting and tedious.

The wind and sand patches that contain wild Pokemon there irk me. It's funny though, because that area was one of the first Kalos places that was shown in X/Y's trailer, yet it ended up being a letdown.

Evanibble

Oh boy...

--Pacing. Distance between gym 1 and 2 was pretty ridiculous.
--No post-game. Enough said. They could have at least upgraded the Elite 4's rosters for post-game, but I guess that was just too difficult to do.
--I really wish there was some sort of third game to expand on the region.
--Team Flare wasn't that great. Also I didn't understand the point of AZ in the story. It's been a while since I last played, though.
--The number of Pokemon. After BW added 151, XY really dropped the ball on this. I guess it's because they added mega evolutions, but it still felt very underwhelming especially considering there was no third version to potentially add more.
--Additionally, lack of legendaries. Re-adding the legendary birds was not necessarily. They should've had a Kalos-exclusive trio besides the box legendaries.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
--Also I didn't understand the point of AZ in the story.

Agreed, they really didn't need to include him in the game. His role should have been nothing but backstory as the ancient king. When he was introduced I'm like who's this giant hobo and why does he want to fight me? He's such an unnecessary character I felt nothing when Floette returned.

Evanibble

Agreed, they really didn't need to include him in the game. His role should have been nothing but backstory as the ancient king. When he was introduced I'm like who's this giant hobo and why does he want to fight me? He's such an unnecessary character I felt nothing when Floette returned.

Either they shouldn't have included him or they should have made him a more important part of the story. A giant human who has lived for god knows how long? That's cool. Don't just introduce him at the literal end of the story just to battle him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gen 6 was way too short and Kalos deserves a follow up game. So many things were left unanswered especially regarding AZ’s Floette being made fully programmable as its own Pokémon complete with stats and signature move, the Luminose Ghost Girl, and how Zygarde plays a role in Kalos alongside Xerneas and Yveltal. Zygarde feels more like a Gen 7 Pokémon now with its form changes making their playable debut in Alola.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
Gen 6 was way too short and Kalos deserves a follow up game. So many things were left unanswered especially regarding AZ’s Floette being made fully programmable as its own Pokémon complete with stats and signature move, the Luminose Ghost Girl, and how Zygarde plays a role in Kalos alongside Xerneas and Yveltal. Zygarde feels more like a Gen 7 Pokémon now with its form changes making their playable debut in Alola.

Regarding the ghost, I don't think it was ever meant to be a major plot point however, much like the ghosts in D/P/Pt.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Finding the Mega Stones (except for the Lucarionite, the Kanto starter Mega Stones, the Gengarite, the Ampharosite, and the Abomasnite, not counting the event exclusive Blazikenite) is a pain. First, you have to enter the Hall of Fame. Then, you have to defeat at least one trainer in the Battle Maison (this will cause Calem/Serena to appear in Kiloude City). Then, you have to defeat Calem/Serena and go to Anistar City. Professor Sycamore will be there to upgrade the Mega Ring so you can find the other Mega Stones. However, you only have a one hour window to find them (between 8 and 9 PM) and a lot of them are found in out of the way areas.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finding the Mega Stones (except for the Lucarionite, the Kanto starter Mega Stones, the Gengarite, and the Abomasnite, not counting the event exclusive Blazikenite) is a pain. First, you have to enter the Hall of Fame. Then, you have to defeat at least one trainer in the Battle Maison (this will cause Calem/Serena to appear in Kiloude City). Then, you have to defeat Calem/Serena and go to Anistar City. Professor Sycamore will be there to upgrade the Mega Ring so you can find the other Mega Stones. However, you only have a one hour window to find them (between 8 and 9 PM) and a lot of them are found in out of the way areas.
Don’t forget Ampharosite.

Also the fact that some are version exclusive is a nuisance

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
- Too easy
- The constant Kanto pandering
- The rivals/friends who are annoying
-The constant cut scene/friend/person interruption movie style
-Hardly a story. The game feels like various mini missions shoved into one game
-The dog mission. Waste of time chasing after a rich's man dog
-The limitation of items in the market each unlocking after certain gyms.

The games get easier by the year

I remember disliking the slow animation during horde battles since it just made things infuriating. Speaking of horde battles, I also disliked having to battle all those Pokemon at the same time. It was time consuming unless you used a move that covered the whole field.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I remember disliking the slow animation during horde battles since it just made things infuriating. Speaking of horde battles, I also disliked having to battle all those Pokemon at the same time. It was time consuming unless you used a move that covered the whole field.

While I personally didn't mind horde encounters in X/Y, I did kind of dislike that some of the Pokemon would attack each other, usually Zangoose and Habunake (Seviper). Some Pokemon being virtually exclusive to horde encounters was also a bit frustrating since you had to defeat all of the undesirable Pokemon in the horde one at a time until the Pokemon that you wanted was the only one left.

MockingJ

Banned
The pace is all over the place. Seems like it takes forever to reach Grant's Gym and then things speed up too much after the 6th Gym. I also hate the fact that we need the Mamoswine to cross that snowy route right before Anistar City.

Status
Not open for further replies.