• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fear Thread

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I have nothing against this, but I wonder how you even manage to go outside =x

I once fell in a open manhole because of a dog when I was around 7/8. Lucky me it was sealed with cement down there and I managed to go unharmed. The depth was some 10 centimeters higher than me, I was incredibly lucky not break any bone and come out with just a few scratches. And I was alone and had to get out of there by myself. Spent the rest of the day chocked.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
I know what you mean, I have a fear of heights, but it really is more of the falling and dying part I'm afraid of. Basically, I'm the guy who wants to go skydiving, but will be paralyzed in fear for the plane ride.

Looking like an idiot, torture, and falling (heights are good, as long as I have plently of material to stand on and it's not windy.)

The last two don't reall affect my daily life much though. The first one, though...

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I don't have any real immediate fears, besides being alone. I HATE being somewhere completely alone with no company for too long. Because of this, I am somewhat afraid of being lost or separated from a group.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I might be afraid of tornadoes, since any dreams that I have with them are rather creepy. And Arizona hardly gets tornadoes.

I don't like thunderstorms, probably because I don't like the sound of thunder. Doesn't help I sleep close to the window, and we have a two-story house.

I also don't like the dark, even with nightlights. Could be because I'm very visual and can come up with something to scare me with xD. Which is funny, since I never had that problem as a kid, and I watched The X-Files at a very young age (four).

That may be it, I can't think of anything else.

I like thunder however everything else you said fits me perfectly. I look into a dark corner and am completely fearless. I sit and stare for a moment and I feel like there's something staring back. In my head I think, If I turn away whatever it is could get me from behind. That thought spurs the idea that there is something else behind me too. The more I think the worse my stalkers become. Night lights help, but not much.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I am afraid of.... McDonalds, evil, ghosts, not dieing.

So many people are afraid of dying, but they should be afraid of not dying.

Funny you say that yet your avatar is a ninetails. They are said to live for hundreds of years and never die. Ironic.

EDIT: Sorry!!! Didnt think about double-posting!!!

PokeRemixStudio

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Kacho

You are next.
I'm not trying to seem cool, but I don't have any immediate fears.

Oh really? Maybe you haven't been exposed to a lot of things in this world that could cause fears. Try again?

I fear death and anything that causes death
I hope you realize, how fragile human bodies are. There's just so many ways you can die, like if you count down to the last details.

but first of all, the death of your pride? confidence? other things?

I am afraid of.... McDonalds
wait what? explain?

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I might be afraid of tornadoes, since any dreams that I have with them are rather creepy. And Arizona hardly gets tornadoes.

I don't like thunderstorms, probably because I don't like the sound of thunder. Doesn't help I sleep close to the window, and we have a two-story house.

I also don't like the dark, even with nightlights. Could be because I'm very visual and can come up with something to scare me with xD. Which is funny, since I never had that problem as a kid, and I watched The X-Files at a very young age (four).

That may be it, I can't think of anything else.

That is so me, when I was a teenager I had no problem with it, but I dunno sometimes sleeping without aleast my DS light just seems creepy, and I think it's because I can visual things, and sometimes I think of something or visual some horrible monster or ghost.. Yeah damn my imagination, but if it gets me a career someday then praise it XD. It also doesn't help a while ago when I was sleeping with my DS light on and then woke up and looked up at my wall above my curtains, was a Huntsman... And my bed is right next to my big window, so it was close. I quickly turned on the light, took my pillow and went to sleep in the lounge room since I hate killing spiders much as them being around, especially a huntsman (This is with only my DS light so, it was lucky I guess that the light showed the spider up there, and that even without my glasses I could see a big object up there when usually there's nothing there.

But I hate heights really, just no I don't like going too high, and since I might be going to Malaysia next year, that means going on a plane so that makes me nervous.

I actually hate going out at night by myself too, just creepy really.

diamondpearl876

PsychicPsycho

In terms of unusual fear, I'm afraid of being killed/obliterated/sucked into another dimension by a ghost, i.e. like in The Grudge. I've been playing the game FEAR recently, so yeah, that's been going a little more then usual recently.

I'm also afraid of walking into darkness, especially when I'm not familar with where I am. I usually notice this in video games. For some reason going into a totally black place or having my flashlight fail in such a place freaks me out.

I'm also afraid of my car getting stolen. It actually was stolen a few years ago, and now every time I go to get in it and I don't see it quickly (like if it's hidden behind another car) I get worried.
...but it really is more of the falling and dying part I'm afraid of.
I thought everyone who was afraid of heights was afraid for that reason.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I absolutly hate bugs. All my braviry is gone within secounds.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I now have a fear of 40 year old foreigners who pester me for my number or a friends number (gender didn't seem to matter) because they haven't had sex in a while as they left their wives wherever they came from. They also seem to try to walk with you till you get home unless you specifically tell them to get lost or you'll call the police.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
I now have a fear of 40 year old foreigners who pester me for my number or a friends number (gender didn't seem to matter) because they haven't had sex in a while as they left their wives wherever they came from. They also seem to try to walk with you till you get home unless you specifically tell them to get lost or you'll call the police.

Eesh. Does that happen very often?