• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fear Thread

Flame Mistress

I'm scared of insects as well, especially moths and butterflies. And why are people scared of dogs? They're just like cute little fluffy wolves! =3

Paradoxe

not actually psychic

Gelatino95

Not a tool
And why are people scared of dogs? They're just like cute little fluffy wolves! =3

I always had a mortal fear of dogs when I was a child

Now I can easily fight one off with my bear hands should I ever have to engage in combat with one, but I still hold a firm distaste for them

Ombra

I'm terrified of the ocean and the sea. Although, I'm really interested in deep sea life and I'm learning to surf.

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
Well, as far as normal fears go, I'm terrified of heights and insects.
I also have an extremely stupid fear of televisions that are switched off. I usually end up keeping my TV on overnight because of it.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I can honestly say that the only thing I can think of that I have a major fear of is snakes. When I was younger I was "tortured" with a snake, and from that point on I have never been comfortable within 20 feet of a snake. I can't help it, I just tense up and don't want to get near it.

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
Insects and spiders are so scary to me that I can't even get close enough to them to kill them.
Root: A monarch butterfly landed on my nose when I was 2. Being 2, I had NO IDEA what was going on. I thought it was a giant butterfly.

When I'm up high and am looking down, I get light-headed and panicky. It usually starts at about 15 feet.
Root: I have no idea. Growing up, I had nightmares about falling, or watching other people fall, and having to listen to their screaming. Still have those dreams sometimes. I think that may have eventually bled over into my waking life and made me afraid.

Feeling like I'm going to be sick to my stomach is worse than DEATH.
Root: ...Does this need one? Nausea is the worst thing EVER.

I also have many other things that are anxiety-inducing for me, that are benign for most other people. And that's because of post-traumatic stress. I won't get into it too much, but, as an example, I recently got "triggered" by a friggin' SITCOM. Sigh.

Last edited:

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Deadly afraid of going on boats. Don't want my hat blown away, dont wanna fall in. What if there's a friggin mako shark in there?!

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Deadly afraid of going on boats. Don't want my hat blown away, dont wanna fall in. What if there's a friggin mako shark in there?!

I understand where you're coming from. Makos are very aggressive, but thankfully they're salt water animals and not the most common of sharks

the US government

I'm mostly afraid of natural disasters like hurricanes and tornadoes.

Hearing that there's a tornado warning/watch at night.

Burglars, because I walked in on a robbery when I was only 6. Pretty traumatizing.

Guns, I can't trust anyone with them.

Deep water. If I can't touch or see I spaz. This happened because of my first time in an Olympic sized pool. I wanted to go down as far as possible. I touched 11 feet, and panicked
because I couldn't get up fast enough.

Blood...we had the "talk" in 6th grade and it had to do with AIDS and yeah. I passed out.

The worst of all is dummies (like the medical ones) and dead things (like dissection).

Last edited:

D-kachu

If there's one thing i'm scared of, it's beavers. Wet smelling gangly hair, surrounded by fast moving logs, always wanting to gnaw on things and then there's the ever present chance of teeth. Beavers are trouble.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I think I suffer from a very strange case of haemophobia where I get nauseous from talking, visualising and thinking about blood, but when I actually see it, i feel fine. Even now I actually feel a bit strange as I type this, but if someone walked into my room gushing out pints per second I wouldn't barely react in a phobic way.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I am terrified of raccoons and mice ... raccoons are just plain evil and mice scare me so much they run so goddamn fast and those beady eyes ;x

KingWiggins

I have nightmares about my friends getting on my GameBoy and deleting all of my data... *shrugs*

No really. I'm only really just afraid of clowns with screwed up make-up on and overly happy (but we all know they are evil..)... which is why I probably had a hard time watching It and Killer Klowns...

I have a fear of being up high and then falling. I think back to when I was on the big ferris wheel with my fiancé and some friends who decided to spin the carriage O_O; Although I couldn't see directly down it was still terrifying. Oddly though not at the very top. I like being up high and looking out at the scenery as long as I am safe (although also the type who would love to go skydiving) so at the very top it was peaceful. On the way up and back down though I was a nervous wreck.

This problem also stems to ladders, even small step ladders. I get a panic build up from as low as 2 steps up. Also no matter how much my fiancé pleads with em that I am safe, I simply cannot do the fall of trust where I fall back and he catches me. It's the feeling of falling backwards that causes that one foot to shoot out and steady me.

Also thanks to a disturbing dream I had and Stephen King, I find it hard not to get scared from films at moments when the protagonists are looking at photographs and the camera switches tot he photo. This is usually only with scary/tense/chiller films where you know some bad stuff is going to happen anyway.

If you're wondering what Stephen King has to do with it, go read IT. If you know the bit I am referring to then yeah! Irks me just to think of it! :p