• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fear Thread

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've had a fear of knives, but have grown to love them lately. They truely are useful, and I use them a lot more for my home projects and yardwork. Not to mention opening Pokemon Games ;)

I don't like knives, but I've slowly been getting over it.

Reminds me of how I used to be afraid to get burned, so I wouldn't use the oven for a long time. Eventually, about a couple of years ago, I started to get over it since I would crave cookies (or other pre-cooked foods fufufu) and bake myself some. Of course, my grandma doesn't have oven mitts except those oven... square-things, so it's a hassle to pull things out of the oven while keeping my fingers clear from the sides of the oven and the racks.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I have a fear of a crowd, and dogs. (shoot me for that!)

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Dogs, cliffs or edges and theme parks.

Shinku

neko, desu~
People. Kinda have something like social anxiety, so anything to do with going places and meeting new people rather makes me nervous.

Anything else... hmm... maybe rodents like rats, gerbils etc. Anything that has the potential to bite me ><

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Bees.
Wasps.
Large dogs that could knock me over and tear me to shreds.
Heights.
Spiders. I was bit on the leg by a brown recluse when I was about seven, and I've been terrified ever since.
Losing someone dear to me.
Dying.
Being ridiculed.
Being raped.

Iristle

I make no sense
I have a fear of thunderstorms. I don't know how it started, but I've had it since I can remember. If I see dark clouds in the sky, I get a little nervous, and if I hear a loud sudden sound or see a bright flash, I'll start feeling shaky. My fear died down a little after going to Florida for 3 weeks in my Summer Holidays, since there was a storm almost every day, but that was about 4-5 years ago and in England, storms are rare so the fear has come back again. I especially hate it when there is a storm at school because there is nowhere to hide from the flashes and loud noises. >.< I suppose part of it is caused because I dislike loud noises.
I have a slight fear of heights and stuff like that, but I just don't like the idea of getting hurt at all. I also am afraid of getting ill. If there's an obviously ill person in the room I'll be getting out there as soon as possible. Hospitals are a big no no.
I also have social anxiety. I've always been a shy, quiet person, and I always manage to say the wrong things at the wrong times, which is why I rarely speak.
And finally... I hate sleeping in the dark. I can cover my eyes to block out the light and I'll be fine, but I just don't like sleeping in a dark room. The light gives me comfort. :)

Frozen Ghost

I hate heights and wasps. My mom got the wasp idea into my head, yet she doesn't seem as scared of them as I do... Not sure about the heights problem...
Also, like the previous post, I have social anxiety. I never speak to strangers or in front of large groups of people.

Last edited:

pirate555

Word.
I have a fear of panic attacks/subsequent fainting, and only fear it happening in public. I have suffered a couple of the latter, but I've never fainted.

The worst thing is that they affect me in daily life, although I never usually discuss it openly. Whenever I am in an even slightly unfamiliar public situation, I feel a panic attack threatening and spend 5 minutes managing my breathing, thought processes, etc. It really is terrible.

The easiest solution is to distract my mind until I'm comfortable in the public situation, and it obviously works since I haven't actually had a bad outcome in over 5 years. But I fear it so much that it plays on my mind in a public format once every few days. I think the issue is that my imagination is so vivid I can simulate the experience out of nothing, and I know that, and I don't want it to happen.

I've struggled with it since I panicked as a family friend suffered a stroke. I may go and get some help for it if I continue to have this problem, but talking about it just starts it off =/

Also, not talking about it in real life means that I still appear on the outside to be a normal person, hooray. I don't want to admit the constant social/public anxiety that I get for anxiety's sake.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Well....Besides one of my loved ones dying, I can't stand be the center of attention, no matter what the circumstance is. I hate having people stare at me...Plus, I'm extremely paranoid about some things.

Flame Mistress

Small, closed spaces (like being inside a locked toilet... which... sucks)
Heart attacks/cardiac arrests/stuff like that
Death in general
Getting told off (whether it be a pink slip from teachers or infractions from mods - I've somewhat gotten over the latter recently though)
Being alone (even though I'm relatively anti-social, I absolutely hate being alone)
Strange smells (I'm worried that they might be toxic, lol)
Furries
Hardcore fans in general

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I have a fear of big crowds and being the center of attention, which is my fear of standing at the front presenting something DX.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I have a fear of a crowd, and dogs. (shoot me for that!)

If people were shot for being afraid of dogs, my little brother would've been dead a long time ago. It's because a couple of (friendly) Great Danes like to jump on people, and he was about a couple of years old. In fact, I think my brother's afraid of animals in general. He really doesn't like our new cat, and he tends to scream over it. I think he's getting a little better, but something happened about a year ago where Ebeneezer suddenly chased him into the house for some reason. Mom doesn't know why he did that, so we had to pretty much start over from square one after that.

Phoopes

There it is.
I used to be deathly afraid of bridges, but I've mostly gotten over it. It started when I was a little kid (five, maybe six years old) and my family was walking over an old, rickety bridge somewhere. I forget where, but I know we were on vacation. All of sudden, there was an earthquake. That scared the living daylights out of me, and I thought the bridge was going to collapse. So ever since then, I've had a fear of bridges. However, like I said, I've mostly gotten over it.