• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The feeling of opening a pack

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
I was so excited when my dad bought for me a textural tin that had the Ex on display, and low and behold in one of the booster packs was a FA Shaming (sky forme). :D Just holding an unopenedpack gets me all excited wondering what could be in it.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
Ugh. Meant to say Reshiram not "textural". And Shaymin. not shaming. I need to teach Pokemon to my phone.

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
It's really exciting! I hope that I'll get a good card, or at least a cool one, and even if I don't it's still fun to look at the artwork and read the little "pokédex entries" about the pokémon. This is weird, but I think that new pokémon cards right out of the pack smell really good. Does anyone agree?

I sometimes get one of those half of the card cards, you know, the really special ones, and I can never seem to find the other piece. The system must be rigged!

Oh and about that scent and feeling, I totally understand with all that excitement and that freshness of an untouched card!

darkgloom

Yeah yeah that new scentless smell! :-D
Feel like a kid again when I open one. "eeeee" is going through my head as I go through them one by one taking my time. ^^
I'm trying to limit myself to 1 pack a week, except for this week if I find a deal..
And then i go through my checklist of cards I've gotten so far. I find it therapeutic ;-D

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I have an adrenaline rush and rush to see what rare cards I happen to find

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
as a TCG player, it takes a lot for me to think any card is bad. I am always excited to buy a new booster pack, especially my favorite Triumphant and now Boundaries Crossed. I pulled a full art Celebi EX from BD and Two Absol Primes including a Palkia and Dialga Legend from Triumphant. those two booster pack series give me great joy.

mugenhero

Retired user, but still a Pokémon fan
When I open a card pack, I get excited to open its contents, especially if I don't get a duplicate.