• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The feeling of opening a pack

Mesarin

Everytime I go to my collectible store nearby, they sell singles as well as packs. Even though they have a single i need id much prefer to buy the pack even though i know ill probably get skunked. And when i buy some, i always cant wait to buy more.

What I'd like to know is how you feel about buying boosters, and what feelings eminate from you whenever you do.

Gyarados Fan

Unless there's a tournament very soon that I really need a card for, I usually just hope for the best with packs.
And packs just feel awesome to open xD

JosueLight

The rush I get when opening a pack makes me want to buy more and more.

Mesarin

The rush I get when opening a pack makes me want to buy more and more.

I totally get that. The worst is what happened last week.

I weeded out some black and white packs for cheap for a friend from walmart. one for me, one for him. I spent a long time using deductive reasoning. and my pack pulled the 115/114 pikachu. I was exstatic with my choice, but not seeing my friend i wondered what was in the pack forever. I wanted to know, and hoped he didnt get like FA reshiram or something cool. Turns out its just a liepard. I was relieved..And bought more getting skunked..

I used to love buying booster packs, because i was a collector, not really a player. Its been like a year since i've bought one, but i love never knowing what your gonna get =)

LordCBH

I've been buying tons of Dragons packs to find that Mew EX to sit next to the Mewtwo from Next Destinies. Some friends keep telling me to buy the card online, but personally I'd rather get it from a pack.

Profesco

gone gently
It's a dangerous feeling. It activates the gambler's fallacy, making you expect, with each successive pack, that you are "getting through" all the bad pulls and "due for" a good pull. The thrill and suspense of opening packs makes you want to do it again and again, draining your money for often useless and worthless pieces of cardboard. I severely restrict myself from buying booster packs when I have a little extra money because otherwise I'd dig myself into a financial hole I couldn't get out of again. =x

JosueLight

I totally get that. The worst is what happened last week.

I weeded out some black and white packs for cheap for a friend from walmart. one for me, one for him. I spent a long time using deductive reasoning. and my pack pulled the 115/114 pikachu. I was exstatic with my choice, but not seeing my friend i wondered what was in the pack forever. I wanted to know, and hoped he didnt get like FA reshiram or something cool. Turns out its just a liepard. I was relieved..And bought more getting skunked..

I bought a tin and a couple packs of cards for my cousin's birthday (he turned 6) and I ended up opening all of them just in case he got something really rare. He ended up getting my extra Pokemon Happy Meal toys instead. xD

It's a dangerous feeling. It activates the gambler's fallacy, making you expect, with each successive pack, that you are "getting through" all the bad pulls and "due for" a good pull. The thrill and suspense of opening packs makes you want to do it again and again, draining your money for often useless and worthless pieces of cardboard. I severely restrict myself from buying booster packs when I have a little extra money because otherwise I'd dig myself into a financial hole I couldn't get out of again. =x

That basically sums up my summer aside from the restricting part. xD

Legendarys

Anonymous
I have been buying them for over 8 years, and every time I get a rush. I wonder what's inside, I rip the thing open, check the cards, and buy another.

Omnite

Mysterious Fossil
I'm really unenthusiastic nowadays about pack openings, I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG competitively for years, and really don't find it that exciting anymore I can't even remember what it feels like to be enthusiastic about opening a pack of cards. I do randomly buy packs of Pokémon cards to use as Yu-Gi-Oh! tokens since some Pokémon Cards look cool, however I don't get moved by it whatsoever.

Swagsire

I'm really unenthusiastic nowadays about pack openings, I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG competitively for years, and really don't find it that exciting anymore I can't even remember what it feels like to be enthusiastic about opening a pack of cards. I do randomly buy packs of Pokémon cards to use as Yu-Gi-Oh! tokens since some Pokémon Cards look cool, however I don't get moved by it whatsoever.

That's something I find interesting, is if people ever get BORED with it. I myself looooove getting packs. And singles dont seem as fun Qwaa ;195;

Kittens~

Pearl Stalker
Every time I get a booster I really don't care what's in it just so long as I get surprised. Plus I love getting any cards that I can count towards my Common hoards. The only thing that annoys me is when I get some type of a boss steel type and don't have any Steel energy.

Legendarys

Anonymous
I just hope for the best. But most of the time, when I time I open a pack, im disappointed with the contents. I figured out you will get 90% back cards, and 10% good cards.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
It feels awesome to open a pack, I hope for the best and I often get good cards. But after I've finished opening them I feel sad coz I know I've opened all of them.

onichan

I love the feel of brand new cards , and the anticipation of getting a uber rare card! Then that let down when I don't get what I want.

Just recentley started to collect again and it's always a thrill to open the old WOTC booster packs I get off eBay! Even though I have yet to pull a holo the excitment is high.

andyhaj

Just recentley started to collect again and it's always a thrill to open the old WOTC booster packs I get off eBay! Even though I have yet to pull a holo the excitment is high.

Same here!
I got 4 packs of Team Rocket boosters yesterday, and I enjoyed the opening.
Got 2 holos out of the 4 packs also! Dark Golbbat and Dark Dugtrio. It was nice to see the old cards again :)