• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! (971)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm starting to wonder if Ash is starting to hit puberty, but doesn't realize it yet. :p That someone in Hoenn never has to know. ;)

Nah, Ash is perpetually 10. He was touched by the essence of the immortal phoenix, the holy Ho-Oh, on the day of his 10th birthday.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So, has Satoshi taken the role of pitcher here? That would have been great to see considering that he's been known to throw a Poké Ball with style.

Vipsoccermaster

So, has Satoshi taken the role of pitcher here? That would have been great to see considering that he's been known to throw a Poké Ball with style.
Not at all. Took the role of a catcher behind the batting area.

Even though it was pure filler (even though they showed Pulverizing Pancake), it was pretty good for a baseball game. Will like to see how TPCi will be able to handle the dubbing for this one, since this one is apparently a nightmare for them and the fact there's a lot more Japanese text to be removed. The dub will most likely be ruined anyway.

Good that Team Rocket never cheated. Too bad for Jessie, having Bewear take her and James just seconds before she was able to claim the autograph.

Kiawe was funny in all those silly scenes, and Lana was definitely the MVP.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Kiawe's White Screen of Death after Lana destroyed him was amazing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kiawe was hilarious and omg at all of those puns lol. I liked the Lillie and Shiron moment and Lana hitting a home run as well. Team Rocket was decent in this episode too. Lol at Mimikyu trying to throw a beanball at Pikachu. I'm glad Ash had some funny moments as well like striking out and being annoyed with all the puns as well.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I enjoyed this episode. Baseball is my favorite normal sport. The Electabuzz being there must be a nod to OS, especially since I think they lost (like they're supposed to). Team Rocket didn't cheat and switched pitchers when it was obvious Mimikyu would be a problem. I felt bad that Bewear dragged them off right before Jessie got Olu'Olu's autograph. Also, Mimikyu moping around with them when they lost was adorable. Also, it struck me a few minutes ago, Team Rocket has "Pikachu" on their side now. Principal Oak was glorious with his usage of puns, as usual. Did he inspire Olu'Olu with them, or do they just both love puns naturally? Lillie being afraid of the ball was adorable and Shiron stepped in to help her. Poor Popplio with its flipper getting smacked so hard. How many balls did they go through if Togedemaru caught more than the one? Jessie could've gotten on base if she'd paid any attention to the rules that I'm sure were explained to them. Still don't know how her spinning worked out to a hit. Surprised Pikachu didn't use Iron Tail to swing at the ball, unless that wasn't allowed, but if Pulverizing Pancake is allowed...and Kiawe's reaction when Lana demolished his Inferno Overdrive pitch (He really should have expected it. What chance does fire stand against the ocean?).

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
this episode is going to be a nightmare for the dub lmao.

Absolutely true. There's so much Japanese text graphics on the screen which makes me feel very concerned about how the dubbing team will handle it, and while they have removed the Japanese text in scenes where Z-Moves are used, along with changing the VS screen's Japanese text to just say VS, this time it will be a very different story. My likely guess is all that Japanese text being removed, hence lowering the "awesome factor" of the episode.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Absolutely true. There's so much Japanese text graphics on the screen which makes me feel very concerned about how the dubbing team will handle it, and while they have removed the Japanese text in scenes where Z-Moves are used, along with changing the VS screen's Japanese text to just say VS, this time it will be a very different story. My likely guess is all that Japanese text being removed, hence lowering the appeal of this episode.

Not just the Japanese text, but I think there were a lot of puns in this episode that will definitely lose their meaning in English, like scyther constantly saying strike since that is its Japanese name, and of course principal Oak and Olu Olu's nonsensical pokepuns.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Not just the Japanese text, but I think there were a lot of puns in this episode that will definitely lose their meaning in English, like scyther constantly saying strike since that is its Japanese name, and of course principal Oak and Olu Olu's nonsensical pokepuns.

I read that there's a lot of PokePuns in this episode, so they're all pretty much going to be changed to fit the English names or be removed entirely. Let's admit that Sun & Moon is proving to be a nightmare series for the dubbing team for sure.

So we've had Ash making all those derpy faces, being attacked by random things, twerking, having an uvula with a mouth, and now going cross-eyed? I am just utterly horrified at how much Ash has been treated this saga. Ash being the worst player on the team was also unsurprising, since he pretty much is a joke when it comes to sport.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I read that there's a lot of PokePuns in this episode, so they're all pretty much going to be changed to fit the English names or be removed entirely. Let's admit that Sun & Moon is proving to be a nightmare series for the dubbing team for sure.

So we've had Ash making all those derpy faces, being attacked by random things, twerking, having an uvula with a mouth, and now going cross-eyed? I am just utterly horrified at how much Ash has been treated this saga. Ash being the worst player on the team was also unsurprising, since he pretty much is a joke when it comes to sport.

I thought that in many previous seasons Ash has always been shown as being quite good at sports. He's always as shown as being athletic, like climbing trees, the camping episodes in DP, etc. Unfortunately, due to SM preferring to make Ash look like a joke, they made him useless in PokeBase, which by right you would expect him to be good at during other seasons.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I thought that in many previous seasons Ash has always been shown as being quite good at sports. He's always as shown as being athletic, like climbing trees, the camping episodes in DP, etc. Unfortunately, due to SM preferring to make Ash look like a joke, they made him useless in PokeBase, which by right you would expect him to be good at during other seasons.

Sun & Moon is not only making Ash useless at sports, he's also been shown to be unable to lift a log which he did with not much effort in AG. It's so sad that the fanbase in Japan has a huge obsession with slapstick, to the point it had to force Ash to be made into a wimp.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Let's not forget the many amusing injuries he's gotten starting from the Volcanion movie.

Notice that during the start of one episode he was the only one getting smacked on the face by Togedemaru while everyone else watched.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Sun & Moon is not only making Ash useless at sports, he's also been shown to be unable to lift a log which he did with not much effort in AG. It's so sad that the fanbase in Japan has a huge obsession with slapstick, to the point it had to force Ash to be made into a wimp.
Him lifting said log was more an aberration than being unable to lift heavy things, its why it got so much attention, it looked odd and unrealistic for him to be able to lift it and it was strength he was not presented as having before or after.

And Ash has always been in pretty good shape, but that doesn't equate to being good at baseball. What you're calling a "wimp" in presentation is actually pretty good for his size and age. Heck, have you all forgotten he only narrowly lost to Kiawe in a swimming race?

As for amusing injuries, he's gotten them throughout the series. Sun and Moon's overall sillier tone just focuses on them more than in X and Y. If anything its a return to form from earlier pokemon series where he got amusing injuries frequently.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I'm super confused, why are you posting here? You have despised SM series since the first episode, what is the point of you being here?

I legitimately don't understand.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm super confused, why are you posting here? You have despised SM series since the first episode, what is the point of you being here?

I legitimately don't understand.

Right. How dare one criticizes the negative aspects of SM(acc. to their own POV). Criticism is ought to be despised, right? :rolleyes: