• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! (971)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! (971)

The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!!

PokéBase is a famous sport in the Alola Region and, after watching a match on television, Ash decides that they should have a match at school. The match gets really heated, but then Team Rocket appear and join in. Who will win the match?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Tons of Pokepuns? This episode will be great to watch it seems.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
This is an episode that won't work in English lol

Also christ that Snorlax can move.

That was a great episode imo. Lana and Kiawe are pretty much the only competent baseball players in that team, everyone is either bad or fluky af

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This is an episode that won't work in English lol

Also christ that Snorlax can move.

That was a great episode imo. Lana and Kiawe are pretty much the only competent baseball players in that team, everyone is either bad or fluky af

With Ash being the worst. Even Sophocles did a better job than him, although his catch was fluke.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Booooooring filler! Another half-an-hour of my life wasted! 1/10(I don't like giving a big zero).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
2/10 episode for me. As I expected, Ash was the worst of the bunch, and the others aren't any better, barring Kiawe and Lana. I did find it funny when Kiawe was shattered when Lana smashed him away. TR didn't add anything extra to the episode other than for Pulverizing Pancake to be shown (seriously though isn't that cheating?). At least they weren't so obnoxious this time around. Most of SM's fillers have delivered good laughs like tiny trio, and the Pancake Race, but overall though, I just thought this episode wasn't funny. Probably at par with episode 6 as my least favourite episode so far.

Last edited:

Everything12

Yes this episode, by definition of filler as in something that doesn't contribute anything to the overarching plot and could be skipped without missing any important information, is filler, but I pretty much don't care this has been one of the most enjoyable Pokemon episode I have ever watched and is one of my top 10 episode of Sun and Moon, the anime staff didn't hold anything back its an enjoyable episode all the way through. 7/10

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
With Ash being the worst. Even Sophocles did a better job than him, although his catch was fluke.

Actually thinking back I think Mallow is OK, just that she was caught out.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You just don't like it because Ash isn't being worshipped by everyone and he isn't "badass" and stuff

This episode had hardly anything interesting and likeable, it was just as boring as it can get, full stop.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
This episode had hardly anything interesting and likeable, it was just as boring as it can get, full stop.

Well, that's your opinion. I personally found it hillarious, and I was kinda caught off guard when Snorlax used Pulverizing Pancake. I mean, I never expected a Z-Move to be used here. Just puns and such.

I won't say this is a great episode because it is filler. But it's fun to see the characters' expressions and reactions.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
interesting episode to say the least! I was expecting something random at the end like an evo or random capture due to how the fillers have been going, but there was indeed no surprise at all.
I do applaud them for showing that a z-move's place isn't only on the battlefield and can have uses in other aspects of life, which is totally cool. TRio made me happy this episode, them butting in made this episode more interesting imo, and I love TRio's look and outfits this season when they're just being normal. Also Lana and Kiawe made me laugh pretty hard, and was Meowth referencing training that he apparently did or something?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So did anything of interest happen at all? I'm only giving fillers a chance when they're dubbed now, so I can do something productive while watching. But somethings have happened in fillers before so I thought I'd ask.
Aside from Pulverizing Pancake, I saw the clip of that. It was awesome! :D

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i don't get why olu'olu had to do the pokepuns too....guess oak rubbed off of him.

otherwise, pretty fun episode. it was nice seeing pulverizing pancake in animation for the first time.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know it was just a coincidence, but I'm still calling that Electabuzz pitcher at the beginning of the episode a Casey reference