• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! (971)

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
My rants are mainly because I don't like how his personality is being handled, and while not being able to easily lift a log can be considered realism, it's unfortunately not enough.

Right. How dare one criticizes the negative aspects of SM(acc. to their own POV). Criticism is ought to be despised, right? :rolleyes:

I love criticising to show how much SM is flawed, yet people who like SM seem like they won't tolerate the criticism. People need to recognise that there are flaws and not act like SM is the "perfect" saga of the anime.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My rants are mainly because I don't like how his personality is being handled, and while not being able to easily lift a log can be considered realism, it's unfortunately not enough.

Didn't you get the memo? SM is the best series and it doesn't deserves to be criticized at all, no matter what.

Janovy

Banned
I love criticising to show how much SM is flawed, yet people who like SM seem like they won't tolerate the criticism. People need to recognise that there are flaws and not act like SM is the "perfect" saga of the anime.
I tolerate criticism, I don't tolerate pure hate.

You rant and rant about it day after day, post after post, not once saying a single positive thing about it. It is childish and unhealthy.

Don't you think it's ridiculous to continue posting about something you clearly don't watch, hate, only to ruin the fun for others?

Didn't you get the memo? SM is the best series and it doesn't deserves to be criticized at all, no matter what.
Didn't you get the memo?

Criticism =/= hate. Of course you would defend a hater.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I tolerate criticism, I don't tolerate pure hate.

You rant and rant about it day after day, post after post, not once saying a single positive thing about it. It is childish and unhealthy.

Didn't you get the memo?

Criticism =/= hate. Of course you would defend a hater.

Look up the definition of criticism, please.

Like what? SM is making Ash look cringeworthy, his enthusiasm towards his goal is missing, the comedy seems too forced, lacking battles so far, Ash hasn't been even mentioning about his next trial even once. The only positive aspects are probably Ash catching 3 Pokemon and progressing as a Z-move user, Lillie's slight backstory and Gladion's arrival.

The negative aspects are honestly more.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Like what? SM is making Ash look cringeworthy, his enthusiasm towards his goal is missing, the comedy seems to forced, lacking battles so far, Ash hasn't been even mentioning about his next trial even once. The only positive aspects are probably Ash catching 3 Pokemon and progressing as a Z-move user, Lillie's slight backstory and Gladion's arrival..
At least you mentioned the positive aspects.

The user you are defending doesn't have a single positive thing to say.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I think she was referring to Ash's personality in SM, and regarding that aspect, I personally find it difficult to find a positive aspect there. The positive aspects of SM honestly lies elsewhere, not in Ash's personality/attitude in SM.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

not to mention this is an episode topic, not an I hate SM thread, those opinions should go elsewhere but you'll find them in nearly every SM thread regardless of it's topic.

DatsRight

Let's not forget the many amusing injuries he's gotten starting from the Volcanion movie.

Notice that during the start of one episode he was the only one getting smacked on the face by Togedemaru while everyone else watched.

Actually she hit Kaiwe too. His reaction was just completely unnoticeable.

Kaiwe and Sopociles suffer reasonable slapstick and humiliation. The girls tend to not get into any (which is odd because the anime was usually pretty indiscriminate about it before). Lillie is the nearest exception for a butt monkey female, and even then she's only suffered an actual amusing injury once or twice. Admittedly they tend to over focus on gags where Ash and his team suffer butt monkey injuries while everyone else avoids it, so he looks more like one relatively.

And in fairness, have we seen any other companion lift a log? Hell nearly everyone was lagging behind Ash when he ran after Tapu Koko (poor Sopociles) while Mallow needed Ash to lift her up that tree (keeping in mind Mallow is bigger than Ash). All of the students tend to act like kids rather than super humans.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I thought that in many previous seasons Ash has always been shown as being quite good at sports. He's always as shown as being athletic, like climbing trees, the camping episodes in DP, etc. Unfortunately, due to SM preferring to make Ash look like a joke, they made him useless in PokeBase, which by right you would expect him to be good at during other seasons.
Ash is incredibly athletic, but athleticism doesn't automatically make one good at every sport. Baseball involves some pretty good precision in order to hit a fast-moving ball, and becoming good at the sport takes practice, so the fact that Ash missed and struck out doesn't mean he isn't athletic; it just means he isn't good at this particular sport. Besides, if he hadn't tried to be all dramatic with his "Gigavolt Havoc Spin," he might have actually managed to hit the ball. :p

And in fairness, have we seen any other companion lift a log? Hell nearly everyone was lagging behind Ash when he ran after Tapu Koko (poor Sopociles) while Mallow needed Ash to lift her up that tree (keeping in mind Mallow is bigger than Ash). All of the students tend to act like kids rather than super humans.
This, too. Ash has been shown to be good at the things one would expect him to be good at, given his experience. He is good at running and outran everyone else. He is still good at climbing, as evidenced in SM20. (He may have fallen a few times, but that was due to the surface he was climbing. The fact that he eventually succeeded in climbing that rock face at all speaks volumes for the boy's athleticism.)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash is incredibly athletic, but athleticism doesn't automatically make one good at every sport. Baseball involves some pretty good precision in order to hit a fast-moving ball, and becoming good at the sport takes practice, so the fact that Ash missed and struck out doesn't mean he isn't athletic; it just means he isn't good at this particular sport. Besides, if he hadn't tried to be all dramatic with his "Gigavolt Havoc Spin," he might have actually managed to hit the ball. :p

This, too. Ash has been shown to be good at the things one would expect him to be good at, given his experience. He is good at running and outran everyone else. He is still good at climbing, as evidenced in SM20. (He may have fallen a few times, but that was due to the surface he was climbing. The fact that he eventually succeeded in climbing that rock face at all speaks volumes for the boy's athleticism.)

Hey, Jessie's ridiculous spin worked out for her (if only she had paid attention to the rules)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Which James pointed out as it being a fluke.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
gotta love how basically every filler episode discussion thread in SM devolves into an argument about the entire series.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
gotta love how basically every filler episode discussion thread in SM devolves into an argument about the entire series.

Take a shot for every post. It'll make the pain leave.

MasterTobias

Propably because of like 2 haters and 2 specific users start attacking anytime someone says that SM has flaws.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Oh yeah, this is a complete disaster for the dub lol. And I can already see how they'll probably go about this episode too. Such a shame.

den21

Ashy didnt seem to be so bad at baseball imo
I mean we only saw him swing the ball like what three times (and against someone like Kiawe ). i mean even when i am good at something doesnt mean i always am perfect at it. (then again its an anime and doesn have to be realistic but idk)

Maybe i am just looking into things too much lol.

Now the Episode was quite fun and dynamic itself for me and a Baseball episode is always something enjoyable.
i actually hoped somewhat (even if its unrealistic) that TR and Ash &co would have some interaction (like in OS)with each other which doesnt end up being "You Evil and steal Pokemon". I thought it was the perfect chance for it considering they are playing together but whatever maybe someday ^^

thor94

At least Ash is bad at baseball. Stick to your day job, kid.
it is not surprising, the anime (especially BW and SM) almost clearly shown that ash is terrible at everything that not: "inser pokemon name" use "insert move", and yet, he is only average at that too.
Ash terrible at cooking, terrible with direction, terrible at surviving in the wild by himself, terrible in fashion, terrible at remember important thing that not pikachu, terrible at anything related to psychology and love relationship, terrible at logic, terrible at school work, and with SM terrible at sport.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
it is not surprising, the anime (especially BW and SM) almost clearly shown that ash is terrible at everything that not: "inser pokemon name" use "insert move", and yet, he is only average at that too.
Ash terrible at cooking, terrible with direction, terrible at surviving in the wild by himself, terrible in fashion, terrible at anything related to psychology and love relationship, terrible at logic, and with SM terrible at sport.

Terrible at emotions when losing leagues. Don't forget that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Terrible at emotions when losing leagues. Don't forget that.

He was pretty down about his first loss. I think by the time Tobias ended his 4th time in the League, he'd decided to just ignore the eventual loss he knows is coming.