• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! (971)

DatsRight

In fairness Ash can be damn well insightful when his mind is focused. And I suppose the iron butt monkey role can be double edged, because it means he can also take a lot of stuff aimed at him (which was helpful in training Rockruff).

I do admit I would like to see some more non-battling talents learned by him after six+ regions, but hey, nearly every character is a 'one hit wonder' anyway. (He is good at riding I suppose, it was the one challenge in Episode 2 he only lost by a margin at).

This is something that could come into play this series though. The whole point of him going to school is to learn how to do things he can't already.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This is something that could come into play this series though. The whole point of him going to school is to learn how to do things he can't already.

It's a pokemon school that teaches stuff about pokemon and Z moves, not home economics. The stuff he can't do are things like cooking, managing a basic house, etc, and it's a given that he'll never learn how to do them by himself.

Last edited:

DatsRight

It's a pokemon school that teaches stuff about pokemon and z moves, not home economics. The stuff he can't do are things like cooking, managing a basic house, etc, and it's a given that he'll never learn how to do them by himself.

In fairness why would he need to? He'll either:

1. Be travelling for the rest of his life or,

2. Settle down with Serena, who is pretty much the total opposite in strengths and weaknesses.

It's not home economics, but it's where he learn all sorts of new talents and capabilities. Stuff that can make him more than just a jack of one trade (which he still can't be the champion of). :p

Concerning athleticism, keep in mind the strength needed for Z Moves is from both the Pokemon and the trainer. Look what he did with Sopociles' training tech.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
This is most likely unrelated but do you guys remember the baseball team from Johto, the Electabuzz? You know, the one that Casey supported...when she mentioned that to Ash way back when, Ash retorted by saying that the Electabuzz are not as good as some other teams such as the Magikarps or the Starmies. Well, at the beginning of this episode, there was an electabuzz on the opposite team, which lost to Ouroro's team, which is the MAGIKARPS...this can't be a coincidence...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is most likely unrelated but do you guys remember the baseball team from Johto, the Electabuzz? You know, the one that Casey supported...when she mentioned that to Ash way back when, Ash retorted by saying that the Electabuzz are not as good as some other teams such as the Magikarps or the Starmies. Well, at the beginning of this episode, there was an electabuzz on the opposite team, which lost to Ouroro's team, which is the MAGIKARPS...this can't be a coincidence...

After they admitted they forgot about using continuity during XY even when something as blatant as a Charizard was staring at their faces (and even now, come to think of it), I'm sure this was a coincidence.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I wasn't ready for the Kiawe face and I was only semi-ready for the team rocket faces. It's not right when someone tries to kill me via laughter. It's just not right. Also, I noticed the Electabuzz baseball reference right away. I thought it was a nice call back.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Ash, not being good at baseball, was not surprising at all.

It was definitely a fun filler.

Fillers like these would have made the middle of Johto bearable.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Decent for a filler. Kiawe is a legend as usual, but they should have brought back Casey :(
At least they referenced two of the Baseball teams we already knew from her debut episode (Magikarp's and Electabuzz's).

Coming from XY, where continuity barely existed, this is a blessing.

Nebbygetinthebag

This episode is actually hilarious the reference of the baseball team of Magikarp's and Electabuzz's was a pretty cool continuity where something XY lack off.The episode itself was actually enjoyable my favorite part in this was when Lana did a home run and kiawe strike out Ash, these two where awesome at playing baseball the other part with TR was ok, the only problem with this episode episode is the cringey poke pun I really don't like Samson oak the English dub is going to have a hard time and of course Ash doesn't know how to play baseball seriously Ash even Pikachu know how to play baseball.Overall this filler episode is ok I give a 6/10.

Last edited:

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Casey's return would only have worked if she struck out.

"But there is no joy in Alola/for mighty Casey has struck out.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I really liked this episode, I love this kind of comedy stuff. Snorlax being pretty much useless until it suddenly pops out Pulverising Pancake was hilarious. Also lots of cute pokémon moments, like Rockruff catching the ball while flipping, Popplio catching it with its balloon, and Vulpix picking it up to help out Lillie.

Yeah, it's probably going to be difficult to dub. But I'll see how it goes. The Dutch dub has actually done pretty alright with the Samson Oak puns in the first two SM episodes which are already out. They're a bit cringy and forced, but in a way that actually fits because they're supposed to be a bit awkward.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I thought this was really weird but sure, why not?

There was actually a lot of upbeat music and spirit in this episode.
I also saw the Electabuzz player but couldn't tell if it was a part of THE Electabuzz team that we know from before. Good reference either way.
Everyone in baseball outfits looked kind of I dont know, fun? Is that the right word? That is the word I'm going to choose.
I was surprised at how interesting it was to watch them do this, I liked watching the gang getting fired up.

Once again we get a moment where Team Rocket is not all about the "sinister plans". I think these moments are good.
The part that I maybe like the most is that the Pokebase pro brought along his Snorlax to join in. Snorlax playing baseball? Now that is exciting!

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

MRW Scyther appeared:

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/ffrmV9J.jpg[/IMG300]

Pros:

* "Sttrrikkee" double entendre

* Position role cards

* Inferno Overdrive Ball!

* Ayy, Turtanator casually obstructing the runner

* Lana Fish Technique!

* Ayy, Snorlax straight-up Body Slamming Wobbuffett to knock away the ball

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* Humans playing alongside Pokemon seem so disadvantageous; why the hell would you want a human pitcher when you can have a Machamp who can throw from any arm?

That was freaking hilarious. If this show is going for slice-of-life comedy, that's the way to do it. Also, Scyther.

7.5/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 4/5/3.5/8.5/3/3/4/4.5/3/4.5
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I guess the Japanese league rules must be different, because in MLB what Turtonator did to Ash would have been illegal. The catcher isn't allowed to block home plate with his body when a baserunner is coming down the basepath towards home plate. Ash should have been awarded the run.

Also, did I just miss it, or did they not show the bottom of the ninth in the first game, the one amongst the classmates? I thought for sure after Team Ash took the lead in the top of the ninth and they cut to WTP commercial, that after the break we'd see the bottom of the ninth. Either way, I'm happy Team Ash won after the BS Turtonator put Ash through earlier in the game.

I have to say this is really high up there in terms of my favorite all-time filler episodes, and it's for one simple reason: Not only did Team Rocket NOT interrupt the activity of the episode, but also they participated in it! That was nice to see after way too many episodes where I'm really enjoying the AOTD (just like COTD lol, except the word 'activity') only to have it interrupted by TR. Most recently this happened last week. It was really nice to see it not happen this time that the entire second half of the episode wasn't a classic 'chase TR and get our Pokémon back' and instead actually fit in with the theme of the episode.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'll give the Sun and Moon anime one thing, it can be cute. If it keeps going on the cuteness factor it might just survive.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A terrible episode nobody in their right mind would ask for. It would have been better fit in Unova... where there were actual sport arenas.
No Casey mention either.
Team Rocket should have won, but what's his name decided to use a z-move and technically cheat.

Team Rocket and Kiawe were the only good things about the episode. Mimikyu trying to kill Pikachu wit a baseball was hilarious.
2/10 Sonic X did their baseball episode better.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
An awful episode with perhaps the most awful dubbing example all because of double the Samson Oak's horrible puns, and the Scyther loses meaning since its pun meaning gets lost completely in English dub form.

Then there is the fact so much skipping is done to make the game appear shorter. Not even showing quick clips of anyone else scoring a home run (like Lillie). I also noticed how Ash's team got one quick introduction shot, unlike how Kiawe's team got introductions for each member. What, is Ash's team that unimportant?

And I'm not even sure if Pokemon moves are allowed to be done or even harm other players.

By the way, Ash is pretty obnoxious when he gets so over excited. I know, he's a kid, but I still remember how less pronounced he was before this.

...Is the school deserted or what? You'd think a(n overrated) celebrity would make people show up to watch.

This episode was just badly structured. I don't remember any kind of anime doing a good representation of a baseball episode, even.

Last edited: