• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The fiercest dragon known to man kind(OU Bulky Offense)

Zachmac

Once, I was happily exploring the Hoen region. The Tailow were chirping, the Solrock were shining, and everything was bright. Then, I stepped into a square of tall grass. Little did I know, I was just about to encounter the fiercest dragon I've ever seen.....
380.png
True story.

As you may of guessed, this team was built around Latias. I have loved the concept of bulky offense for quite some time, so I decided to make a bulky offense team of my own.

380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
479-w.gif

I finally made a team of 6 pokemon I don't actively like! Is that a good thing?
380.gif

To start the team off, I decided to use a set up sweeper. I wanted something fast, powerful, and of course, bulky. Though I prefer Latios's less intimidating design, I decided to use Latias.
380.gif
534.gif

This guy is ugly. Really ugly. So ugly, that if you put him in a blender, then....you get the point. Conkeldurr makes great support of Latias, as it is able to easily take on Chansy, Blissy, and Tyranitar with it's powerful Drain Punches. He also resist bug and dark for her, so he's got decent synergy.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif

Next, I decided add Jirachi. She makes a good teammate for Conkeldurr due to her high special defense, wish support to heal off flame orb damage, and something cute to look at so I don't have to stare at Conkeldurp all day. She can also tank ice and dragon attacks for Latias while sponging flying attacks for Conkeldurr, most importantly a Tornadus's Hurricane.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif

I know, I know, this thing isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but it's smarter then Conkeldurp. At least with this, my team won't suffer too much from brain damage. The actual reason I added this was to tank a Choice Band Terrakion's attacks, seeing as I didn't really have anything to counter it. With ice beam, it also allows me to handle +1 dragons. It also spread paralysis, supporting both my Jirachi and Conkeldurr.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif

I can't think of any bad jokes this time. Well, besides fire puns of course, but I prefer more "bad ash" jokes. Heatran helps my team by both setting up stealth rock and by phazing with roar, making it a great Volcarona counter. It can also cripple Tyranitar on the switch with Lava Plume, which my Latias really appreciates.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
639.gif

Man, I thought of this awesome pun for Terrakion earlier, but I forgot it. ): That really sucks, since I remember the pun rocked. Anyway...I added this guy as a filler. By the way, that's a bad idea. Terrakion is good and all, but it never really worked for my team. I only found myself sending it in once, so it's a prime example why you should think your teams through.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
479-w.gif

After testing it for a bit, I found my team struggling with Landorus. Now, one thing about Landorus is that he never washes his clothes. I mean, how else did he become a ground type? Because of his lack of hygiene, he finds himself very weak to water. So, I send my Rotom-W out for a powerful hydro...okay, I use hidden power ice, but that's close enough, right?

380.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
My set up sweeper, and is also the pokemon whom this team revolves around. Substitute is what sets here apart from other Latias, giving her utility over hidden power. It also allows her to outrun enemy Latios and Latias who do run HP fire. It allows her to scout for crunch or pursuit, makes her more difficult to revenge kill, and also set up on pokemon she otherwise couldn't, mostly toxic stallers and paralysis spreaders. When she uses substitute while forcing a swap out, she can safely use recover to make up for the damage taken before she swaps out, allowing her to scout.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Facade
As much as I hate this thing, it was the easy way past Blissy, Chansy, and Tyranitar, all of which are problems for my Latias. Drain Punch helps make up for burn damage, while Mach Punch is STAB priority. Payback is near flawless coverage, and Facade is the most powerful move on the set.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish
She takes special hits rather well, especially Draco Meteor. Body Slam allows me to paralyze ground types, and Iron Head is for flinch hax. Protect stalls for a round of wish, and wish can help her heal both herself and Conkeldurp.

080.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
Scald is STAB, and will often induce burns. Ice Beam is pretty good coverage, and helps it handle dragons. Thunder Wave just cripples common swap ins. Between leftovers, Regenerator, and Slack Off, it's not going down too easily.

485.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Protect
Stealth rock support, phazing, and burning. It also handles almost all steel types, making Latias care even less about her lack of coverage.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
Originally added simply to destroy Landorus, I've found Rotom-W very useful for keeping offensive momentum with Volt Switch. Hydro Pump, of course, is a very powerful attack, and can help me plow through rain teams. It also handles Heatran with Hydro Pump, which is the one steel type this team has the most difficult time handling, as it's much different then others such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

Last edited:

tleon

On conky id say bulk up> facade as it allows it to break chanssey/blissey while using them as set up

Zachmac

On conky id say bulk up> facade as it allows it to break chanssey/blissey while using them as set up
Facade is actually more powerful then it's STABed drain punch. Also, with the flame orb, I don't think there will be enough time to set up on them.

Zachmac

My substitute Lanturn takes out half of your team
I'd say Heatran should be in the lead position, you're not fooling anybody by putting Latias in the lead position and your Rotom-W is waiting in the wings to take out the Landorus that is sure to be switched to lead due to Team Preview.
I use Rotom-W in the lead position for Volt Switch. I just posted this team in the order I chose them rather then their positions.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
agreed with tleon. Also, the jokes were funny. Makes for a decent change from serious rmt's all the time.

Zachmac

agreed with tleon. Also, the jokes were funny. Makes for a decent change from serious rmt's all the time.
I'm using the flame orb set. It gets worn down very quickly, so it doesn't have much time to set up. Besides, people usually swap their Blissy/Chansy out for a counter, so Bulk Up would usually be a waste of time for me.

Enjyu

Made In China.
I suggest surf on your latias instead of sub. It can't take a high power physical move very well. Scizor kill you. Ttar kill you. So sub is kinda pointless.

I also suggest using a torment sub set on heatran. It's a boss.

And most people expect that rotom w set. You should change it for the element of surprise.

Zachmac

I suggest surf on your latias instead of sub. It can't take a high power physical move very well. Scizor kill you. Ttar kill you. So sub is kinda pointless.
I think someone's missing the point. The plan is to eliminate threats like that first. Latias can't really take on Scizor or T-tar anyway. Besides, if physical attacks are what I worried about, I'd just use a reflect/calm mind set.

Substitute helps me set up and also blocks crits/status.
Yes, that is a good set, but is "it's a boss" the only reason I should use it? If so, I think I'm sticking with SR and phazing support.
And most people expect that rotom w set. You should change it for the element of surprise.
That's not really a good enough reason for me. It really loves that boost in speed, and helps it keep offensive pressure.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
I think someone's missing the point. The plan is to eliminate threats like that first. Latias can't really take on Scizor or T-tar anyway. Besides, if physical attacks are what I worried about, I'd just use a reflect/calm mind set.

Substitute helps me set up and also blocks crits/status.Yes, that is a good set, but is "it's a boss" the only reason I should use it? If so, I think I'm sticking with SR and phazing support.That's not really a good enough reason for me. It really loves that boost in speed, and helps it keep offensive pressure.

It's a boss is just a phrase. Meaning it is very useful against opponents who have 1 super effective move against tran.

And I doubt you can predict all the moves someone has on a team. You never know. Or you might not be able to eliminate all physical threats.

Then get rid of recover on latias cuz you have sub and lefties. That's probably a better option. And put hp fire in that slot. Or surf or t bolt or whatever.

Shadowsbekon

For your Conkeldurr go with Bulk Up instead of Facade and change the item from Flame Orb to Leftovers. This is by far the most powerful Conkeldurr set, and will make him much more capable of sweeping. With lefties and the heal from drain punch, you won't need the higher damage of Facade since you can just chip away at things while remaining at a safe amount of HP. Often when people don't see flame orb they forget about Guts and will throw a status on you, allowing you to reap the benefits of guts AND leftovers.

Aside from this the team is solid on paper, I especially like your Jirachi set. In fact, the only other problem I see is that an opposing Conkeldurr can potentially sweep your whole team if Rotom-W can't ko with a hydro pump.

ConeOfSHAME

Noob Skater
Why does Conkelderp have flame-orb? Toxic orb gives it guts without the atk drop, and it can't be statused, and Recover won't do much on Latias, sublefties and wish are sufficient.

Zachmac

Why does Conkelderp have flame-orb? Toxic orb gives it guts without the atk drop, and it can't be statused, and Recover won't do much on Latias, sublefties and wish are sufficient.
Flame Orb does not lower the attack of guts pokemon.

Recover has actually won me plenty of battles I couldn't of otherwise.
For your Conkeldurr go with Bulk Up instead of Facade and change the item from Flame Orb to Leftovers. This is by far the most powerful Conkeldurr set, and will make him much more capable of sweeping. With lefties and the heal from drain punch, you won't need the higher damage of Facade since you can just chip away at things while remaining at a safe amount of HP. Often when people don't see flame orb they forget about Guts and will throw a status on you, allowing you to reap the benefits of guts AND leftovers.
Maybe if Conkeldurr was my sweeper, but it isn't. It's just support of T-tar/Pink Blobs/Steel Types. It send it out early game a lot, so it usually has a counter thrown against it first thing.
Aside from this the team is solid on paper, I especially like your Jirachi set. In fact, the only other problem I see is that an opposing Conkeldurr can potentially sweep your whole team if Rotom-W can't ko with a hydro pump.
I think I beat one before using Slowbro to burn and then start spamming slack off. Slowbro could also attack it with Ice Beam so it doesn't risk burning it. I'll keep that weakness in mind, though.
It's a boss is just a phrase. Meaning it is very useful against opponents who have 1 super effective move against tran.
That's not my point. How will it help this team in specific? It's a good set, but will it provide better support for my team?
And I doubt you can predict all the moves someone has on a team. You never know. Or you might not be able to eliminate all physical threats.
In the late game, by the time I send Latias out, I'll probably know which ones are physical or special. Besides, it's set up on weaker physical attacks before. I even managed to set up on a Tyranitar using pursuit(which also had to to with recover).
Then get rid of recover on latias cuz you have sub and lefties. That's probably a better option. And put hp fire in that slot. Or surf or t bolt or whatever.
Recover has proven to be far too useful for me to remove.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
Yeah recover lefties stall is good for a wall, so you have a wall sweeper? Like crocune kinda? I see...

Zachmac

Yeah recover lefties stall is good for a wall, so you have a wall sweeper? Like crocune kinda? I see...
A bulky sweeper. The only reason Latias is OU with Latios running around is it's better special defense, and I'm trying to take advantage of that.

Crocune is a good example of that, even though it's a bit more defensive.

Violent Red

Probably the worst replies to a RMT I have seen.

1) Really, who is going to leave a Blissey in for Conkeldurr to set up on?

2)Surf on Latios lol. A Surf isn't going to do anything against a T-Tar cause of his 50% Sp.D in Sandstorm. It's common knowledge that Tar and Scizor are Latios' checks, but a good player will eliminate them before bring Latios out, not cripple his set in a make-shift and ultimately useless attempt of countering them.

3)I do like the Bulk Up/Leftover variant of Conkeldurr but you might have some trouble setting up seeing as Conkeldurr is in your team to support Latios, your team wasn't built around 'Durr

4)Toxic Orb on 'Durr makes me lol irl

Usatoday

Eternal God
Hey Zachmac longtime no see this is insane poor you but first let me say great team
Once, I was happily exploring the Hoenn region. The Tailow were chirping, the Solrock were shining, and everything was bright. Then, I stepped into a square of tall grass. Little did I know, I was just about to encounter the fiercest dragon I've ever seen.....
380.png
True story.

As you may of guessed, this team was built around Latias. I have loved the concept of bulky offense for quite some time, so I decided to make a bulky offense team of my own.

380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
479-w.gif

I finally made a team of 6 pokemon I don't actively like! Is that a good thing?
380.gif

To start the team off, I decided to use a set up sweeper. I wanted something fast, powerful, and of course, bulky. Though I prefer Latios's less intimidating design, I decided to use Latias.
380.gif
534.gif

This guy is ugly. Really ugly. So ugly, that if you put him in a blender, then....you get the point. Conkeldurr makes great support of Latias, as it is able to easily take on Chansy, Blissy, and Tyranitar with it's powerful Drain Punches. He also resist bug and dark for her, so he's got decent synergy.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif

Next, I decided add Jirachi. She makes a good teammate for Conkeldurr due to her high special defense, wish support to heal off flame orb damage, and something cute to look at so I don't have to stare at Conkeldurp all day. She can also tank ice and dragon attacks for Latias while sponging flying attacks for Conkeldurr, most importantly a Tornadus's Hurricane.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif

I know, I know, this thing isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but it's smarter then Conkeldurp. At least with this, my team won't suffer too much from brain damage. The actual reason I added this was to tank a Choice Band Terrakion's attacks, seeing as I didn't really have anything to counter it. With ice beam, it also allows me to handle +1 dragons. It also spread paralysis, supporting both my Jirachi and Conkeldurr.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif

I can't think of any bad jokes this time. Well, besides fire puns of course, but I prefer more "bad ash" jokes. Heatran helps my team by both setting up stealth rock and by phazing with roar, making it a great Volcarona counter. It can also cripple Tyranitar on the switch with Lava Plume, which my Latias really appreciates.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
639.gif

Man, I thought of this awesome pun for Terrakion earlier, but I forgot it. ): That really sucks, since I remember the pun rocked. Anyway...I added this guy as a filler. By the way, that's a bad idea. Terrakion is good and all, but it never really worked for my team. I only found myself sending it in once, so it's a prime example why you should think your teams through.
380.gif
534.gif
385.gif
080.gif
485.gif
479-w.gif

After testing it for a bit, I found my team struggling with Landorus. Now, one thing about Landorus is that he never washes his clothes. I mean, how else did he become a ground type? Because of his lack of hygiene, he finds himself very weak to water. So, I send my Rotom-W out for a powerful hydro...okay, I use hidden power ice, but that's close enough, right?

380.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
My set up sweeper, and is also the pokemon whom this team revolves around. Substitute is what sets here apart from other Latias, giving her utility over hidden power. It also allows her to outrun enemy Latios and Latias who do run HP fire. It allows her to scout for crunch or pursuit, makes her more difficult to revenge kill, and also set up on pokemon she otherwise couldn't, mostly toxic stallers and paralysis spreaders. When she uses substitute while forcing a swap out, she can safely use recover to make up for the damage taken before she swaps out, allowing her to scout.
Good
534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Facade
As much as I hate this thing, it was the easy way past Blissy, Chansy, and Tyranitar, all of which are problems for my Latias. Drain Punch helps make up for burn damage, while Mach Punch is STAB priority. Payback is near flawless coverage, and Facade is the most powerful move on the set.
Not bad maybe just stone edge over facade
385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish
She takes special hits rather well, especially Draco Meteor. Body Slam allows me to paralyze ground types, and Iron Head is for flinch hax. Protect stalls for a round of wish, and wish can help her heal both herself and Conkeldurp.
Good
080.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave/Fire Blast
Scald is STAB, and will often induce burns. Ice Beam is pretty good coverage, and helps it handle dragons. Thunder Wave just cripples common swap ins. Between leftovers, Regenerator, and Slack Off, it's not going down too easily.
Fire blast to roast ferrothorns
485.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Protect
Stealth rock support, phazing, and burning. It also handles almost all steel types, making Latias care even less about her lack of coverage.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]/[Grass]
- Trick
Originally added simply to destroy Landorus, I've found Rotom-W very useful for keeping offensive momentum with Volt Switch. Hydro Pump, of course, is a very powerful attack, and can help me plow through rain teams. It also handles Heatran with Hydro Pump, which is the one steel type this team has the most difficult time handling, as it's much different then others such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory.
For gastro

My substitute Lanturn takes out half of your team
I'd say Heatran should be in the lead position, you're not fooling anybody by putting Latias in the lead position and your Rotom-W is waiting in the wings to take out the Landorus that is sure to be switched to lead due to Team Preview.
-_- really who ever said he was trying to bluff a scarf latias

As much as a point you have it doesn't matter

Honestly dude most people take their sets straight from smogon so if you can recognize one or two sets that are common it's fairly easy to recognize the moves and predict the obvious and the predictions especially with experience like zachmac
Exactly now ya got it
Probably the worst replies to a RMT I have seen.

1) Really, who is going to leave a Blissey in for Conkeldurr to set up on?

2)Surf on Latios lol. A Surf isn't going to do anything against a T-Tar cause of his 50% Sp.D in Sandstorm. It's common knowledge that Tar and Scizor are Latios' checks, but a good player will eliminate them before bring Latios out, not cripple his set in a make-shift and ultimately useless attempt of countering them.

3)I do like the Bulk Up/Leftover variant of Conkeldurr but you might have some trouble setting up seeing as Conkeldurr is in your team to support Latios, your team wasn't built around 'Durr

4)Toxic Orb on 'Durr makes me lol irl
I know lol, but if zachmac has intentions of hit and then run toxic orb is better for less damage
Most people wouldn't hesitate to swap T-tar in, so Latias would only be at +1.
Very true, but you could sub on the switch and then switch out.
Kill ttar with conkelderp first.
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER LEAVE A TTAR EVEN A CHOPLE BERRY ONE IN ON A GUTS CONK

Anyways looks good but i suggest rocks over protect on rachi and you drop heatran for a subbeam magnezone but very well built