• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fight Over the Crystal! Team Rocket VS Team Skull!! (968)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Fight Over the Crystal! Team Rocket VS Team Skull!!

After seeing the power of Z-Moves while encountering Ash at the Pokémon School, Team Rocket decides to hunt for their own Z-Crystals so that they can keep level with Ash. In doing so, they encounter the Team Skull grunts who have been causing trouble on Melemele Island. In addition to that, while hunting for the stone, they discover the Totem Pokémon, Raticate. Will they find what they are looking for?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, Mimikyu KO'ed the Totem Alolan Raticate all alone.

In a way, TR won the Darkinium Z in a fair and square battle (i mean they did defeat the Totem Pokemon without any underhanded trick).

And as expected, we would be getting a story line of TR trying to figure out and master the Darkinium Z. And the way the episode ended, it would most likely be connected with Bewear.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So I haven't watched the episode yet, but from what I'm hearing TR actually got the Dark Z crystal? Wow I'm honestly surprised, as I predicted that neither teams would get the Z crystal. So I guess then bewear will eventually join TR and use brutal swing for dark hole eclipse.
Edit : Gotta say I'm not that happy that TR actually got a Z crystal. I don't see what purpose it actually serves to the plot.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
They don't have a Pokemon with a Dark type move so that Z Crystal is useless to them and they have no Z Ring

Everything12

The episode was really good, Team Rocket and Team Skull's interactions were amusing, the battle against the Totem was good, the class learning Z-Poses was fun the watch, and Team Rocket gained a Darkinium-Z. 6/10

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So Team Rocket wins? Team Skull better step up to their game, or otherwise they'll be known as the villainous team who couldn't even defeat Jessie and James. Actually, that might make them more appealing then ever considering how they were portrayed in the games.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well if the writers could go through the trouble of even giving them a Z crystal in the first place, I'm sure TR will eventually get the Z ring as well. If not what was the point of making them get the crystal if they're not going to use it all

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Could've been better. TR winning hurts TS threatining level and they still suck like their game counterpart. TR have the Z-Crystal now, but I rather wanted them to steal it from TS later on, since there's no use right now for it and I doubt Meowth to evolve into Alola Persian lol.

The Gladion episode should edge this out pretty easily.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Could've been better. TR winning hurts TS threatining level and they still suck like their game counterpart. TR have the Z-Crystal now, but I rather wanted them to steal it from TS later on, since there's no use right now for it and I doubt Meowth to evolve into Alola Persian lol.

Really hope either Plumeria or Guzma absolutely destroy TR later on. And regarding the use of the Z crystal, I feel bewear will join them and be the one use back hole eclipse.

Janovy

Banned
I feel like Bewear knows Brutal Swing, or something similar. So they can use the Z-move with Bewear.

The only problem right now is where to find a Z-ring. :D

Though I'm happy Team Rocket got the Z-crystal.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Wow, TR actually got the Z-Crystal? That's surprising, especially since I had written this episode off as a filler yesterday, but I suppose Tomioka pretty much never writes filler. Still, they don't have a Z-Ring, they don't have a Pokemon with the Dark-Type move, and they don't even know the pose for the Z-Crystal, so it's useless to them now. And I agree that their use of the Z-Crystal will probably depend in Bewear. And if Bewear gets caught by Jessie, does that mean they'll get another one for James (Poisonium-Z maybe?)?

I'm also interested in whether or not the class learning the Z-Moves of their respective types will lead to anything as well. Question, though. Did Lillie pose too? Because she wasn't in the screenshots.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I'm genuinely surprised that Team Rocket was able to get the Darkinium Z. I liked the interactions between the two teams (especially the female grunt being obsessed with Meowth's cuteness lol). Mimikyu was OP as hell against Totem Raticate. Now the big question, who will actually be able to use the Z-Move?

Also, does this hint at Ash getting Steelium Z in the future?

diakyu

TR winning hurts TS threatining level and they still suck like their game counterpart.
Staying true to the games is now bad lol. If Team Skull were competent I'd be pretty mad, that's most of the appeal gone if the grunts are not taking L's constantly.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Team Skull's threatening level has been 0 since their debut. How could this hurt them any further?

They're gag villains and are clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Meowth knows Bite.

Has he used Bite at all in recent years? Or anything other than Fury Swipes?

Because if not, it may as well have never had the move at all.