• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fight Over the Crystal! Team Rocket VS Team Skull!! (968)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
i find it hilarious that it took an intense battle for pikachu and rowlet to defeat totem gumshoos, but mimikyu beat the crap out of totem raticate in 5 seconds. (play rough ftw!)

Honestly at this point in the anime, I'd consider TR to be as strong, if not stronger than Ash.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Honestly at this point in the anime, I'd consider TR to be as strong, if not stronger than Ash.
You mean Mimikyu is. Meowth, Wobbuffet (not for a long while at least) and Mareanie haven't done much to impress. Jesse isn't doing much as a trainer either beyond commanding that Mimikyu attack.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Glad that TR seems to have found their place in the anime and not just a conflict creator for no reason. Mimikyu is carrying TR so hard and making them an actual threat rather than a punching bag.

Also love how Rotom said the z-crystal's type in the same order that "Volt" said the types.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Also love how Rotom said the z-crystal's type in the same order that "Volt" said the types.

Was it the order for Volt? I thought it was the order Pose does them in.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It was Pose.

Volt starts with Dragon, Rotom started with Normal

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Does anyone feel like Meowth might give the Darkanium Z to Ash as a present to Litten cuz they don't have any use with it and Litten eventualy will

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Does anyone feel like Meowth might give the Darkanium Z to Ash as a present to Litten cuz they don't have any use with it and Litten eventualy will

I don't think so. I predict that Litten will get the Incinium Z directly when it evolves to use malicious moonsault.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Ash being a student still feels weird but after so many journeys, the school format kind of works for a change of pace, I suppose.

Sometimes it can be easy to forget just how rare a pokemon Team Rockets Meowth is, at least until someone says it out loud. I liked this episodes focus on wild pokemon and the rivalry between the teams. Team Rocket actually showed some skill in getting all the small Rattatas and Raticates into the cage for a while. I think this was probably one of fake Pikachus best battles in the series so far. (its a shame they were too distracted and didnt try to capture the big Raticate)

I am a little surprised that Team Rocket was able to hold onto the Z crystal. If they are able to figure out how it works then they could gain a lot more fighting power in the future.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Finally got to this episode with subs. Random thoughts.

James' face in the first part of the Team Rocket motto still looks twisted af.

What is this projectile bite that the Totem Raticate uses and why is it projectile?

Rotom saying the Z-Crystals in the same order as Pose with the feel of the song is so far the only moment I actually enjoyed Rotom. Somehow made me laugh and I don't know how.

Garbodor's Jap voice is higher than I expected.

Meowth commanding Mareanie was certainly interesting to see.

That Skull Girl wanting Meowth so badly is a bit creepy.

Mimikyu is overpowered.

Corkscrew Crash Pikachu incoming?

With Team Rocket getting the Dark Z-Move, is Nanu even relevant now? Maybe he gives Incinium-Z?

Nice episode, better than other recent episodes.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
After 24 episodes, the dub finally realized that they had to keep Team Skull's theme. But could be a one-time thing. Sigh.
I called it. They replaced it today, even if they have more focus.

Team Rocket's motto theme was also replaced when Mimikyu beat Raticate, even though they kept it several times in episode 12.

Gotta love the rejected Batman theme that plays replacing a classic like Team Rocket's lurking theme.

Thanks for the great job in respecting the original music, dub. Always delivering your worst since 2013.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And Team Skull's dub names are revealed. I like that the bad guys this series actually have good dub voice actors, unlike a certain TF leader. Here's hoping they got good voice actors for Gladion and Guzma whenever they show up.

Still a perfect 10/10 episode.
Team Rocket and Team Skull are hilarious together, I really hope we get more episodes focused on them primarily while the Twerps take a back seat again.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I called it. They replaced it today, even if they have more focus.

Team Rocket's motto theme was also replaced when Mimikyu beat Raticate, even though they kept it several times in episode 12.

Gotta love the rejected Batman theme that plays replacing a classic like Team Rocket's lurking theme.

Thanks for the great job in respecting the original music, dub. Always delivering your worst since 2013.

We get it. You hate the dub music. No point repeating the same thing in every episode thread lol.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This episode made me wish Team Rocket had actually beaten Team Flare in An Explosive Operation!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode made me wish Team Rocket had actually beaten Team Flare in An Explosive Operation!

It wouldn't have worked since Team Flare scientists were actual criminals and weren't a laughing stock. Furthermore, they had Alain on their side.

Team Rocket managed to beat Team Skull because they're only the grunts, and the Skull grunts are officially the most incompetent and useless team around. I'm sure when TRio meet Plumeria and Guzma, it'll be back to the usual walloping.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
We get it. You hate the dub music. No point repeating the same thing in every episode thread lol.

And yet for some reason I'm not allowed to say anything bad about the JP version anywhere. I'm glad you understand this fandom's blatant double-standards.

NPT

Just a member
Not much to say about this episode since it's a TR episode... and I don't really care about them at this point (their constant rhyming in the dub dosen't help). Rather than TR, I'd like to see those Skull grunts more often.

Music kept in dub (4)
  • Title Card music
  • Alola Wild Pokémon battle theme
  • Team Rocket Alola motto music
  • Alola Wild Pokémon battle theme (again)

Like the last 3 episodes, TPCi kept only 4 pieces in this episode. Even though they kept the Team Skull encounter theme in SM024, it was replaced this time. Hmm... what the heck is TPCi up to?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
And yet for some reason I'm not allowed to say anything bad about the JP version anywhere. I'm glad you understand this fandom's blatant double-standards.
It's not double standard lmao.

Do not talk sh*t about either original or dub music, it's pointless and detracts from the episode discussion.

DatsRight

Not much to say about this episode since it's a TR episode... and I don't really care about them at this point (their constant rhyming in the dub dosen't help). Rather than TR, I'd like to see those Skull grunts more often.

Music kept in dub (4)
  • Title Card music
  • Team Rocket Alola motto music

Like the last 3 episodes, TPCi kept only 4 pieces in this episode. Even though they kept the Team Skull encounter theme in SM024, it was replaced this time. Hmm... what the heck is Goldfarb up to?

Just a query, aren't the music editor and composer for the dub two separate people?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Just a query, aren't the music editor and composer for the dub two separate people?
Yes. Ed Goldfarb is the dub composer. Akhil Gopal is the dub music editor.

But at the end of the day, it's TPCi's fault. They promised a better dub when they took Pokémon, more faithful to the original, and we're seeing just the opposite. A dub composer and a dub music editor is something that shouldn't exist in 2017.