• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fighting Gamers Club

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
yeah i already actually beat the story mode LOL i do agree on ivy i hate how they percisely took away her whip stance...its annoying that you can not change her whip and sword stances anymore from three...i can't play ivy with my life depended on it...it seems namco made her harder to use...also for aeon his attacks are good when they hit but the only thing is that like you said he is especially slow at moving...comparing to someone faster it hurts his game play whoever mains him...

I don't know why, but I am always drawn to the big, heavy characters in Soul Calibur. This is odd because in most of my fighting games, I'm drawn to combo-heavy rushdown characters such Juri in SSF4 and Noel Vermillion in Blazblue. But I like to use slow characters in Soul Calibur like Astaroth, Aeon, and Nightmare. The only fast characters I use are Algol and Maxi. I hope they give Ivy her SCIV moveset in the inevitable SCVI. You mentioned Amy in the Soul Calibur thread. Have you heard the theory that Viola is actually an amnesiac Amy? It actually would be awesome if that was true. Also, what happened to Rock AKA BALLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! XD

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I don't know why, but I am always drawn to the big, heavy characters in Soul Calibur. This is odd because in most of my fighting games, I'm drawn to combo-heavy rushdown characters such Juri in SSF4 and Noel Vermillion in Blazblue. But I like to use slow characters in Soul Calibur like Astaroth, Aeon, and Nightmare. The only fast characters I use are Algol and Maxi. I hope they give Ivy her SCIV moveset in the inevitable SCVI. You mentioned Amy in the Soul Calibur thread. Have you heard the theory that Viola is actually an amnesiac Amy? It actually would be awesome if that was true. Also, what happened to Rock AKA BALLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! XD

lol i personally love using noel in blaze blue :) and yes i do love amy and i do love playing with her and yes i have heard the rumors on that theory...we shall never know that though...tbh viola, and zwei were suppose to have two split characters like patty and pyhrra...viola does say a special line when she beats rapheal and rapheal does say something different to here when he uses his vamprire bite throw on viola...so i think there was a connection do to she was suppose to have another person which was amy...i think namco just got lazy :/ oh and rock i guess must of went on a serach to see bangoo are you watching me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Myrrh

Hey I love fighting games can i join?,

Username: Myrrh
Game you like to play the most: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Online name (if you have one): Myrrh on Brawl, haven't done online on T vs. C
system(s): Wii
why you like fighting games: So satisfying, to be able to give virtual people beat-downs the way I would like to do it to some real people..... It's relaxing . 3
have you read all my rules?: There are spelling errors on them, if questioned I can provide one, proving that I read them

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Hey I love fighting games can i join,
I was wondering when someone would make a fighting game club.

Username: Short Wing
Game you like to play the most: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SSBB/SSBM (I also play a little Street Fighter 4, Soul Calibur V but I'm not very good at all at those games. And I just got Playstation All-Stars.)
Online name (if you have one): PS3: Det-Whiterabbit
system(s): PS3, Wii & Steam (I have SF4vanilla & SFxT on my PC)
why you like fighting games: I think they are a blast to play, especially with friends.
Two years ago the only fighting games I really ever played was the Smash Bros. series. I got pretty good at Melee and Brawl, but it got kind of bland after a while of only playing those two games. I had always wanted to try some of the other fighters out there, but I find it intimidating to get into a new fighting game. The learning curve of fighting games can be really challenging to newbies like me. But I finally got over my apprehensions when I first saw Marvel Vs Capcom 3. It looked awesome, the flashy, fast-paced action enthralled me. Since MvC3 and UMvC3 I've started to branch off into other fighters like Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter x Tekken, Soul Calibur V and a few others. I am not very good by any stretch of the imagination, but they are a blast to play. So to sum it all up, I'm not very good at many fighters, but I love to keep playing no matter how many times I get knocked down.
have you read all my rules?: Yes, of course.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: Myrrh
Game you like to play the most: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Online name (if you have one): Myrrh on Brawl, haven't done online on T vs. C
why you like fighting games: So satisfying, to be able to give virtual people beat-downs the way I would like to do it to some real people..... It's relaxing . 3
have you read all my rules?: There are spelling errors on them, if questioned I can provide one, proving that I read them

hey myrrh welcome glad to see you still working on getting those fighting video games :p hope to see you have a ps3 sometime and i know i was in a rush when made the thread i need to fix the errors i made...accepted

Username: Short Wing
Game you like to play the most: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SSBB/SSBM (I also play a little Street Fighter 4, Soul Calibur V but I'm not very good at all at those games. And I just got Playstation All-Stars.)
Online name (if you have one): PS3: Det-Whiterabbit
system(s): PS3, Wii & Steam (I have SF4vanilla & SFxT on my PC)
why you like fighting games: I think they are a blast to play, especially with friends.
Two years ago the only fighting games I really ever played was the Smash Bros. series. I got pretty good at Melee and Brawl, but it got kind of bland after a while of only playing those two games. I had always wanted to try some of the other fighters out there, but I find it intimidating to get into a new fighting game. The learning curve of fighting games can be really challenging to newbies like me. But I finally got over my apprehensions when I first saw Marvel Vs Capcom 3. It looked awesome, the flashy, fast-paced action enthralled me. Since MvC3 and UMvC3 I've started to branch off into other fighters like Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter x Tekken, Soul Calibur V and a few others. I am not very good by any stretch of the imagination, but they are a blast to play. So to sum it all up, I'm not very good at many fighters, but I love to keep playing no matter how many times I get knocked down.
have you read all my rules?: Yes, of course.

hey there shortwing and yep i did :p i love fighting games...for a girl im not half as bad in soul calibur :p so watch out guys don't under estimate me :p LOL accepted

Edit: also guys if you want me to add you in other catigories your not the best in playing but still have the game i can...like you shortwing since you have soul calibur i can still play you on the ps3 eventhough you said your not good at that game...also i will be slowly adding more art to the club so it will be a eye catcher for new members...once we all get a decent amount of members in the club that are online i will start working on the hangouts for everyone to get online to fight in certian games that you guys would like to play :) so right now guys have fun discussing fighting games until then unless you want a mini hangout with someone if you both have the same system and also game ;)

Last edited:

Myrrh

Yay I'm in. I was just teasing with the spelling.
Besides those two fighting games I listed I have played Street Fighter 4 for a few hours. I got the hang of it well enough, I ended up using Sakura the most. Also when I one day get a 3DS i'm interested in getting Steet Fighter 4, Dead or Alive Dimensions, or both.

If anyone ever wants to Brawl we can schedule something out

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
myrrh do you want to schedule a brawl with me? i can do practicly any time :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
just let me know i can list when you guys will be on in the hangout section of the club...also im slowly getting our club more appealing and nah its fine myrrh ;) i was in a rush a bit when making the thread...i don't have brawl but i m sure someday i might i don't know yet XD

Myrrh

myrrh do you want to schedule a brawl with me? i can do practicly any time :)

Sure, we can VM each other stuff if you want. It might have to be after the holidays though since I don't know when we will be here and I can't always get to use the television when I want. But I can call times and stuff at home.

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
Sure, we can VM each other stuff if you want. It might have to be after the holidays though since I don't know when we will be here and I can't always get to use the television when I want. But I can call times and stuff at home.

okay no problem ^U^ just tell me when in a vm or something about when.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
sweet good to here if you want others to join you guys just let me know if you want me to add on when you guys will be on...i still have no one to soul calibur with :( different system or don't have online XD

LockCrow

Ruler of my Own Fate
hello short wing i'm LockCrow, i'm a ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 player and tutor, welcome to the club.

You said you were having some trouble with umvc3 learning curve. i can assist you in anything umvc3 related, be it expecific characters or the game in general. Just say the word.
Also can i add you on ps3? my username there is also LockCrow. we can do some casuals.

LockCrow

Ruler of my Own Fate
I think he ment he was not good at street fighter 4 and Soul Calibur...if he needs help in soul calibur...i defiently can tutor anyone...im good at that game :)

Oh really my mistake then well i can help in street fighter 4, but i really only know soul calibur 2, though i sometimes watch the pros play sc5.

thanks for the correction eeveelover :)

Fighting Gamers Club Form

Username: tokyo/seven
Game you like to play the most: Smash Bros, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Not really a relevant game anymore but still rocks XD), Marvel v Capcom, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter ayyeee.
Online name (if you have one): I forget. Ill have to look it up XD (I only play Brawl online mostly)
why you like fighting games: Because hitting stuff is fun
have you read all my rules?: I dunno...Ill get on it haha.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Fighting Gamers Club Form

Username: tokyo/seven
Game you like to play the most: Smash Bros, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Not really a relevant game anymore but still rocks XD), Marvel v Capcom, Tekken, Guilty Gear.
Online name (if you have one): I forget. Ill have to look it up XD (I only play Brawl online mostly)
why you like fighting games: Because hitting stuff is fun
have you read all my rules?: I dunno...Ill get on it haha.

hey tokyo and welcome to the club :) glad to have you abord and yay someone that plays guilty gear too ^_^

Yessss Guilty Gear is the way to go!! ^.^ Looks like I forgot to put Vampire in there too. Vampires a pretty sweet game also x3

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
okay and cool yeah i just love guilty gear im not as good in that game as soul calibur but i do love playing it :p also i think i may add other fighting games tab...so people can see who plays other fighting games as well...

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I have a question for everyone. What was your first fighting game? Mine was Super Smash Bros Melee. It was AWESOME!!! I have logged more hours into this and. Brawl thanall my other fighters combined.