• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!! (1081)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash VS Gary started at minute 15, and ended at minute 18 of the next episode (25 minutes)
Ash VS Harrison started at minute 2, and ended at minute 7 of the next episode (27 minutes)
Yes it was 50 minutes, Ash vs Hoenn 3 was like over 1 hour. By the pace they were going if Ash had one more 6 on 6 battle in Johto it would also be over 1 hour making Hoenn and Johto comparable in that regard.

RafaSceptile

Yes it was 50 minutes, Ash vs Hoenn 3 was like over 1 hour. By the pace they were going if Ash had one more 6 on 6 battle in Johto it would also be over 1 hour making Hoenn and Johto comparable in that regard.

Ash VS Gary 25 minutes and Ash VS Harrison 27 minutes (52 minutes in total)
VS
Ash VS Katie 21 minutes, Ash VS Morrison 18 minutes and Ash VS Tyson 20 minutes (59 minutes in total)

CMButch

Ash VS Gary 25 minutes and Ash VS Harrison 27 minutes (52 minutes in total)
VS
Ash VS Katie 21 minutes, Ash VS Morrison 18 minutes and Ash VS Tyson 20 minutes (59 minutes in total)
Actually Ash vs Gary was 22 minutes. 5 minutes on that first episode 18 on next but remove 1 minute of that intro making it 22 minutes and in Ash vs Harrison it was 20 minutes plus in JPF remove 2 minutes of "Joey get up you can do it"( maybe you know what I am talking about) and 1 minute intro making it 5 minutes so 25 minutes. So it was 47 minutes. So, still it would be comparable(Jiohto would have little more) to Hoenn league if Ash had one more 6 on 6 battle) but I do blame Morrison for that, if Morrison's battle was 3-4 minutes longer, they would be neck to neck.

RafaSceptile

Actually Ash vs Gary was 22 minutes. 5 minutes on that first episode 18 on next but remove 1 minute of that intro making it 22 minutes and in Ash vs Harrison it was 20 minutes plus in JPF remove 2 minutes of "Joey get up you can do it"( maybe you know what I am talking about) and 1 minute intro making it 5 minutes so 25 minutes. So it was 47 minutes. So, still it would be comparable(Jiohto would have little more) to Hoenn league if Ash had one more 6 on 6 battle) but I do blame Morrison for that, if Morrison's battle was 3-4 minutes longer, they would be neck to neck.

25-1 =/= 22. Also the Episodes are around 22 minutes long. Also the Hoenn League Battles had those intros, so you should remove those too.
The rest of things are part of the battle (flashbacks, comments, etc.) , the only things that you can remove are the "summarize at the start of a new episode" and the Opening Theme

CMButch

25-1 =/= 22. Also the Episodes are around 22 minutes long. Also the Hoenn League Battles had those intros, so you should remove those too.
The rest of things are part of the battle (flashbacks, comments, etc.) , the only things that you can remove are the "summarize at the start of a new episode" and the Opening Theme
I checked everything and you nailed it with Hoenn 59 minutes but you added 5 more minutes in Johto and I don't count get up Charizard and get up Blaziken it's not really a fight, so it's 47 minutes. So they're all kinda there with 20 minutes battles. Hypothetical 3rd Johto battle would also be around 20 minutes, but Morrison's battle was kinda bad( not just length wise) but all things considered both Johto and Hoenn league had that thing to make 6 on 6 battle 1 episode or little bit more( except Morrison battle). Remake them from 2010 and above and you will have them at 30+ minutes to 40 minutes. But at that time being 20 minutes was good I guess, not too rushed nor dragged out.
I wonder can you do Ash's two Kalos battles how long they were?

RafaSceptile

I checked everything and you nailed it with Hoenn 59 minutes but you added 5 more minutes in Johto and I don't count get up Charizard and get up Blaziken it's not really a fight, so it's 47 minutes. So they're all kinda there with 20 minutes battles. Hypothetical 3rd Johto battle would also be around 20 minutes, but Morrison's battle was kinda bad( not just length wise) but all things considered both Johto and Hoenn league had that thing to make 6 on 6 battle 1 episode or little bit more( except Morrison battle). Remake them from 2010 and above and you will have them at 30+ minutes to 40 minutes. But at that time being 20 minutes was good I guess, not too rushed nor dragged out.
I wonder can you do Ash's two Kalos battles how long they were?

I never added extra minutes, you can check it, Just I can't post where I'm seeing the episodes because rules.

Ash VS Sawyer: From minute 9 to minute 19 of the next episode (32 minutes)
Ash VS Alain: From minute 3 to minute 15 of the next episode (34 minutes)

1 hour 6 minutes in total