• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!! (1081)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1081.jpg

The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

It's almost time for the finals of the Alola Pokémon League and, on the day before the finals, Ash's mother and Professor Oak arrive all the way from Kanto to cheer him on. However, soon after a group of Meltan appear and start doing something to Ash's Meltan. Gladion, Ash's opponent, is also preparing for the match being supported by his mother Lusamine and sister Lillie. When the match comes to a head the next day, it starts with Ash with the Mythical Pokémon Melmetal versus Ash with the Legendary Pokémon Silvally. Who will win the match?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

andrewscott48209

1081.jpg

The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!!

It's almost time for the finals of the Alola Pokémon League and, on the day before the finals, Ash's mother and Professor Oak arrive all the way from Kanto to cheer him on. However, soon after a group of Meltan appear and start doing something to Ash's Meltan. Gladion, Ash's opponent, is also preparing for the match being supported by his mother Lusamine and sister Lillie. When the match comes to a head the next day, it starts with Ash with the Mythical Pokémon Melmetal versus Ash with the Legendary Pokémon Silvally. Who will win the match?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
I think you meant "It starts with Ash with the Mythical Pokémon Melmetal versus Gladion with the Legendary Pokémon Silvally."

D

Deleted member 384931

So Gladion will use Never Ending Nightmare with Zoroark?
I found it meh tbh. Ash used Melmetal's new move way too much.

What the hell is Trio doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Seriously writers?? Wtf was that battle between Silvally and Melmetal?!?! If that wasn't the biggest spam fight I've ever seen in my life smh.

TheScentedApple

Repeated animation in the finals is a bit annoying, would have liked to see Melmetal use some other moves before it got taken out, like Harden maybe to make it stop crying. I think it crying was meant to convey it's still a baby on the inside?? I love how Rowlet has found a home inside Melmetal, its too adorable

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So Silvally used the Fire memory or ground? If the format that's some plot armor on Ash's side.
I'm a bit dissapointed Melmetal did not use Corkscrew Crash... I would be nice if Pikachu uses 10 000 000 volt thunderbolt.
On the bright side, it's nice someone else than Lycanroc uses the Z-move out of Gladion's team.

D

Deleted member 384931

So Silvally used the Fire memory or ground? If the format that's some plot armor on Ash's side.
I'm a bit dissapointed Melmetal did not use Corkscrew Crash... I would be nice if Pikachu uses 10 000 000 volt thunderbolt.
On the bright side, it's nice someone else than Lycanroc uses the Z-move out of Gladion's team.
Fight I think

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I thought it was a good fight. Let's not forget that Meltan's movepool prior to evolving was:

Headbutt
Harden
Flash Cannon

For a cocky Pokemon with some clear limitations, like an inability to dodge and trouble landing heavy hits, Melmetal did rather well. I don't think he jobbed at all, he did big damage to Silvally. It was basically a double KO because Pikachu kills Silvally with the trampoline-assisted Quick Attack immediately afterward.

What I don't like is something AuraChannelerChris brought up a while back: to keep the matches even, one trainer isn't allowed to get a big lead over the other. From the preview, it doesn't matter who wins in Pikachu v. Zoroark, because the winner is going to immediately faint so the Lycanroc battle will also be at max HP.

This didn't feel like a finals battle, or at least, it felt like another round in the tournament and not a climax. I would have completely enjoyed this if not for Ash's league-losing baggage. I HATE the idea that Dusk could potentially job to Midnight, the fans will never forgive that Pokemon for such a failure.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
This episode was really slow, but at least it won't cause controversy, unlike the other Alola Leauge episode done by this writer.... And we got a reason as to why Melmetal lost (it becomes tired easily). Next week's episode seems it'll be more fast paced with lots of amazing animation, I am looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 384931

This episode was really slow, but at least it won't cause controversy, unlike the other Alola Leauge episode done by this writer.... And we got a reason as to why Melmetal lost (it becomes tired easily). Next week's episode seems it'll be more fast paced with lots of amazing animation, I am looking forward to it.
It didn't felt like the finals to me.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I thought it was a good fight. Let's not forget that Meltan's movepool prior to evolving was:

Headbutt
Harden
Flash Cannon

For a cocky Pokemon with some clear limitations, like an inability to dodge and trouble landing heavy hits, Melmetal did rather well. I don't think he jobbed at all, he did big damage to Silvally. It was basically a double KO because Pikachu kills Silvally with the trampoline-asssited Quick Attack afterward.

I felt like I watching a Pokémon with Monkey D. Luffy"s Devil Fruit powers and I would have spam Double Iron Bash too it hits far and twice hard.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Anti-climatic if you ask me. I bet Midnight Lycanrock will spam Stone Edge again.

Honestly, I suspect that the real final battle isn't with Gladion but with the Royal Mask aka Kukui. Anyways, with his ace Silvally out of the picture, Zoroark taking middle position instead of last and Midnight Lycanroc having shown itself to be defeatable thanks to Kiawe, can Gladion ever become the dream crusher? After all, the final match up is a grudge match between two rock canines who have fought before and Midnight Lycanroc can be defeated by regular trainers unlike Mega Charizard X.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member

Pikachu dodging the hands of Never-Ending Nightmare looks bloody cool. There was something like that in the "XYZ" opening sequence, but we get to see it for real.

It would be so much easier to enjoy if not for the tension of "league win".