• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Finals! The Ultimate Rival Showdown!! (1081)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I have afeeling pikachu vs zoroark is gonna end up in double knockout with both sides having one pokemon to battle. This way they will keep it even.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Also was this the first time ever Silvally has actually fainted? I know for Kiawe v Gladion it was his Lycanroc's first time

Yep this is the first time, but how many onscreen official battles has he taken part in, one with dusk lycannroc and that's it. Gladion used zoroark against hapu's golark.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
So Silvally used the Fire memory or ground? If the format that's some plot armor on Ash's side.

I was blogging when the Memory was thrown and missed what it was, but I didn't hear ほのお or じめん. By process of elimination I'm going to say it was Fighting.

What we learned about Silvally from this episode is that it's incredibly fast. It's faster than Pikachu using Quick Attack, so Ash had to use strategy to land a hit.

Melmetal spin-spamming fists like a tipsy tornado was a good strategy for hitting something that nimble.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
He got in at least two punches and spit a Flash Cannon into Silvally's face, but the Flash Cannon was after the type change.

When Melmetal took a hit, it sounded like Meltan eyes fell out of its body? Honestly, there was so much to process. Like the so-called "filler" before the battle, which was everything but.

Here's food for thought: with Oak's familiarity with Melmetal and his interest in Meltan, I'm 1000% sure Ash is keeping this big boy.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
also did it get knocked out by one iron tail?

Iron Tail was the only move Pikachu hit it with, I believe it was hit by Double Iron Bash and Flash Cannon before it changed to Fighting Type, then hit by another Double Iron Bash after it changed type. So it took a lot.

Melmetal was taken out by Air Slash, Crush Claw and two Multi Attack I believe.

D

Deleted member 384931

Iron Tail was the only move Pikachu hit it with, I believe it was hit by Double Iron Bash and Flash Cannon before it changed to Fighting Type, then hit by another Double Iron Bash after it changed type. So it took a lot.

Melmetal was taken out by Air Slash, Crush Claw and two Multi Attack I believe.
Is funny because Air Slash and Crush Claw wouldn't do much against Melmetal

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member

They hit some weak point. The eye thing was the most curious one to me, because it makes me wonder if Melmetal can de-evolve if it takes enough damage.

I really hope Ash takes Melmetal to Galar so it can improves a battler. It was shown to be a really exploitable Pokemon. It reminded me of One Piece's Monkey D. Luffy using Gear 3rd against Rob Lucci.

Was this like the Leavanny/Krookodile vs Sawk battles where, despite a Pokemon losing to the other, it did enough damage for the next Pokemon to clean up?

Similar. But in the moment I thought Leavanny could win against Sawk.

With this battle, it was only a matter of time until Silvally tired out Melmetal or figured out his gimmick. I wasn't convinced by the episode's events that Melmetal was in control.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Lol they hyped up Meltan evolving since the league started, only to have him lose immediately after reusing the same attack (and unnecessary long animation) dozens of times.

This is the same issue the Kalos League had: They hype up the other Pokemon, but still give the wins to Pikachu, depicting the others as jobbers. We‘ll see the yellow rat in the next series too, anyways, why don’t give Melmetal it’s time to shine in it’s first (and maybe last) battle?

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion

True. Though I guess you could say that Crush Claw lowered its Defense like it does in the games. I know game mechanics like that don’t always come up in the anime but Melmetal did look affected by that Crush Claw. Either way Multi-Attack was super effective.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Well, that did it for me. Gladion's desire to win (for his family) is stronger than Ash's at this point and with Melmetal knocked out, I don't like Ash's chances.
Same. We're probably getting full hp Lycanroc fight so Melmetan knocked out isn't a problem, but something feels like... Ash will lose again
It's like Ash-Greninja transforming with different animation and music