• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fire-ring Squad (149)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I was so pleased to see the Squirtle Squad reunite at first, but then I got sad cuz Ash's Squirtle decided to leave. Seeing Aiden again was cool however and so was seeing so many water types in the competition.

Gillachu

Banned
Meh. Ash's Squirtle had outlived his usefulness on the show during the Johto saga, so him leaving here was a good decision and justified. :cool:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tsk, it sucks that Ash got rid of Squirtle, but at least we've seen him again since. It was good seeing Captain Adan and the Wartortle and the Squirtle Squad again. Seeing characters come back from previous episodes is always a treat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't expecting to ever see Russell and his Kameil firefighter team again, but I'm glad they weren't forgotten. I was pleased that Satoshi entered his Zenigame in the firefighting competition, and I liked the Rocket-dan's mecha, too. Alas, seeing Zenigame rejoin his old gang and Junsa was bittersweet.

ZilverLox

Banned
Squirtle was always my favorite of Ash's team, and seeing him shake kands with Bulbasaur as a goodbye was heartbreaking! I remember hearing Ash was going to release Squirtle and getting really upset, because he had just gotten rid of his awesome Charizard! This only happened so he could get that worthless and lame shiny Noctowl you know. At least Ash can always call for Squirtle when he needs it. Too bad Ash will probably never claim it back as his own.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I kind of wonder why he didn't just withdraw his Kingler from Oak's lab however, tho I guess maybe he thought that borrowing Psyduck and Staryu was more convenient.

Lol, he might not have even remembered that he owned a Kingler. Like, he hadn't even seen him since like the Kanto saga I think?

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Great to see old friends again, even Captain Aiden and the Wartortle Squad. It's a shame that Squirtle Squad can't really cooperate without Ash's Squirtle, who really knows how to deal with cooperation and teamwork. It's a shame that Squirtle had to go, but at least it returns for important events.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good episode. Great to see old friends again, even Captain Aiden and the Wartortle Squad. It's a shame that Squirtle Squad can't really cooperate without Ash's Squirtle, who really knows how to deal with cooperation and teamwork. It's a shame that Squirtle had to go, but at least it returns for important events.

It did seem somewhat bizarre that suddenly the Zenigame Squad had cooperation issues. It was said that they were nervous because of the Kameil team, although the Zenigame Squad were skilled firefighters themselves, so they had nothing to fear. To me their teamwork issues seemed like a way of getting Satoshi's Zenigame to bond with them again just to give him a reason to leave.

Daizy

I call you honey
I love that Ash borrowed Staryu and Psyduck from Misty. And when Staryu mistakenly sprayed Psyduck in the burning house was the highlight of the episode for me. It was cool to see it sweatdrop as well.

Funny how Ash was staunchly against borrowing Misty's Pokemon in episode 5 and then sudden now he was fine with using her Staryu and Psyduck. The guy makes no sense.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Funny how Ash was staunchly against borrowing Misty's Pokemon in episode 5 and then sudden now he was fine with using her Staryu and Psyduck. The guy makes no sense.

He had no choice here since he needed three Water-type Pokemon to compete. So him using Kasumi's Pokemon was just him being practical.

I didn't even remember the firefighting dude until I rewatched the Wartortle episode from the Orange Islands. I liked that the competition served as a way of letting Squirtle leave the cast since Totodile was going to replace him as Ash's main Water Pokemon and so Squirtle's days were numbered. I'm still not a big fan of the firefighting thing but it wasn't as bad as the last time we saw it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I liked that the competition served as a way of letting Squirtle leave the cast since Totodile was going to replace him as Ash's main Water Pokemon and so Squirtle's days were numbered.

I hadn't even considered that until now, but now in hindsight it does seem pretty obvious that Zenigame's exit here was mainly a way to make room for Waninoko on Satoshi's Jouto team.

I think I found one of the worst Johto saga episode. I didn't like this one at all because Squirtle leaving Ash's team to rejoin the Squirtle Squad was a dumb decision that was made to clear a space on Ash's team for Totodile. I didn't like the firefighting competition either since it just didn't seem like the sort of thing that we needed to see an entire episode revolve around. Bulbasaur shaking Squirtle's hand with his vine was the only part that I liked. 4/10

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Just saw this for the 1st time today. Starts a bit slow, but the actual competition is nice.

Never noticed before, but the different members of the Squirtle Squad have different head & body shapes/sizes. Double checked the episode where they appeared, & it seems they always looked a bit different from one another, tho the differences seem more pronounced in this episode.

And Ash’s Squirtle leaves. That’s sad, tho I knew it was coming. The music they used was good, but I think “Tears After the Coludy Weather” sounds sadder. I like the bit where Bulbasaur looks away, but shakes Squirtle’s hand anyways.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"We still miss you Squirtle"

Episode: 7/10

Also isn't the title of the episode The Fire-ing squad?