• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The First of Many! A 5th Generation Uber RMT

I decided, since they came out this morning I believe, that the moves haing been released, I can start up on creating teams.

This one is created out of Pokemon I know are in the Ubers Tier. I say it is put together really well, and I hope Reshiram or Zekrom to get on Smogon's sets. I'm really sure Randorosu's will be a keeper

644.png

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Tera Voltage
EVs: 248 Atk / 12 SpA / 248 Spe
Nature: Lonely
- Lightning Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage / Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
A mixed Zekrom. It appeared to me Zekrom had acceptable (at least in Ubers) SpA, so a Lead Mixed Zekrom with Life Orb seemed great. The point is to kill or weaken so the other pokemon have an easy time. Lightning Strike is a powerful move, with Stab, it gets 195 base power, and on top of Zekrom's giant Attack stat. Draco Meteor is another powerful one, and with Life Orb damage, can handle on it's own. Only one use though. Dragon Tail can get rid of a Lead or a Pokemon I have weakened, to pick at another one on my opponents team, and scouting. But Outrage can be a powerful monstrous attack, that can give me at least 1 kill. Stone Edge is mearly for coverage, and is the Letdown of this set. A good Zekrom though.

643.png

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Ability: Turbo Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Blue Flame
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Reshiram's High SpA and nice Speed can be a force to be reckoned with. Choice Specs set him at 598 SpA and 306 Speed. Blue Flame is an incredible attack on Reshiram, packing 195 base power loaded with 598 special attack. Shadow Ball hits Mewtwo and the many Psychic types in Ubers. Hidden Power Electric is to handle Kyogre, who hurts my Fire Move bad, if Zekrom dies. Draco Meteor can kill very many things, with 210 power in STAB, high Special Attack and choice specs.

642.png

Randorosu @ Leftovers
Ability: Brute Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Brute Force
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Bulk Up
Brute Force Randorosu is going to be so great. Brute Force increases the power of moves but removes there second effect. Well, what if that second effect was a Penalty? Outrage is a base 120 power and hits dragons that plaugue Ubers, and with the Extra power from Brute force and it's ability negated, you will NOT be locked in and you will NOT be confused. Earthquake gets STAB and the Brute Boost, and is very powerful. Explosion packs 250 base power, brute boost, and will NOT die. Bulk Up increases Attack and defense, which will make like a Physical Suicune, but better. 252 HP makes it bulky, and Bulk Up will make it difficult to kill. Gotta watch for Ice Beam though.

249.png

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multi-Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost
- Toxic
Why not? Lugia should still remain a solid wall in Ubers. Reflect combos well with Light Screen to make Lugia nearly Impossible to KO. Roost gives me some recovery and removes flying, which could be a burden or a blessing. Toxic stalls my opponent until they slowly die. Multi-Scale is a new addition that when I have Max HP, all damage is lessened. This combos well with roost, as it allows me to heal and take less damage.

649.png

Genoscect @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw
Genoscect will be umpredictable. No doubt. 120 base in both attacking stats will make it unexpected as Sweeper, Special or Mixed. This one is Physical. Swords Dance boosts it's attack to over 700 which is horrifying. Download also takes advantage of Special Walls like Blissey. In fact, a Swords Dance Genoscect with the Download boost fighting a Blissey can OHKO it with X-Scissor. Not always. But against Blissey it can set up more. In fact it can OHKO Lugia if it hasn't reflected. Shadow Claw works for some extra coverage.

150.png

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
Offensive Calm Mind Mewtwo is very powerful, and can OHKO a larga amount of Ubers. Calm Mind makes it hard to get hit Specially, and boosts his giant SpA to monster levels. Ice Beam can hit many of the Dragon's, and Lugia for high damage. Thunder takes advantage of Kyogre's rain and OHKO's it with that. Aura Sphere can revenge kill Darkrai.

I think I posted the first Ubers team on Serebii, so yay for that. =D

I thought I was incredibly clever with Randorosu, I think he'll be a staple Uber pokemon with that set.

Simse

I think Zekrom woul benefit from Lum better than Life Orb. Helping against the likes of Darkrai and T-Wave Kyorge. It'll also be helpful mid/late game, assuming Zekrom lasts that long.

Reshiram is the one Pokemon I really want to try out right now. STAB Dragon and Fire attacks hit a sh*t load of Pokemon. HP Electric isn't really that helpful. Dragon Pulse would be a move reliable move I think. Draco Meteor and Blue Flame can be unreliable. And having that STAB 100% Acc move would be helpful, in my opinion.

On Randorosu I would recommend max Speed and Attack, therefore you can't be reveneged by non-choiced Palkia | Kyorge. Just another nitpick, you've put his nature as Brute Force, I'm assuming it's Adamant. In which case I'd change it to Jolly, once again to just outspeed non-choiced Palkia.

Lugia is good. Possibly try Light Clay as you've already got Roost. Just an idea. Supporting your team for longer.

I would replace Genoscect with Scizor, then you've got a much need revenge killer. Also, you need something to take the Draco Meteors and Outrages of Ubers, although Genoscect is Steel, he doesn't have the Bulk to take multiple Dragon Attacks, nor does he get Roost like Scizor.

Mewtwo is fine, possibly try Grass Knot over Thunder, it still hits Kyorge for the same damage, but it gives you a better chance against Palkia and heavier Ubers.

I'm really excited for Ubers now, yay Reshiram. ^_^

Last edited:

Mail Time

Banned
Mewtwo is fine, possibly try Grass Knot over Thunder, it still hits Kyorge for the same damage, but it gives you a better chance against Palkia and heavier Ubers.

Dont rate if you have never played the tier before. Palkia is neutral to Grass Knot so takes the same amount of damage. Thunder is just overly more useful for 2HKOing Scizor switch-ins and damaging Jirachi quite badly.

Light Clay is a dumb idea on Lugia as well, Leftovers enhances its staying power so well.

Your insect-rocket launcher thing has bad coverage, you should do something about that.

You need to be careful of stuff like Scizor, Lati@s and other Mewtwo as not much is switching in on them.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
I think Zekrom woul benefit from Lum better than Life Orb. Helping against the likes of Darkrai and T-Wave Kyorge. It'll also be helpful mid/late game, assuming Zekrom lasts that long.

Reshiram is the one Pokemon I really want to try out right now. STAB Dragon and Fire attacks hit a sh*t load of Pokemon. HP Electric isn't really that helpful. Dragon Pulse would be a move reliable move I think. Draco Meteor and Blue Flame can be unreliable. And having that STAB 100% Acc move would be helpful, in my opinion.

On Randorosu I would recommend max Speed and Attack, therefore you can't be reveneged by non-choiced Palkia | Kyorge. Just another nitpick, you've put his nature as Brute Force, I'm assuming it's Adamant. In which case I'd change it to Jolly, once again to just outspeed non-choiced Palkia.

Lugia is good. Possibly try Light Clay as you've already got Roost. Just an idea. Supporting your team for longer.

I would replace Genoscect with Scizor, then you've got a much need revenge killer. Also, you need something to take the Draco Meteors and Outrages of Ubers, although Genoscect is Steel, he doesn't have the Bulk to take multiple Dragon Attacks, nor does he get Roost like Scizor.

There are so many things wrong with this rate. For one, it didn't really make you look like an experience player to talk about 5th Generation Ubers like you acutally know what it is. Zekrom and Reshiram and every other pokemon in the game will start out in one tier so there won't be a complete set of Ubers for a long time. How can you rate a team where the metagame isn't even existent?

Agreeing with Mail Time on this one as Light Clay on Lugia isn't exactly the smartest of ideas and Thunder is always more useful on Palkia. Otherwise, please don't rate a team in which the tier does not even exist, otherwise it is based completely on speculation and the rate becomes invalid. Thank you, have a nice day.

Simse

Dont rate if you have never played the tier before. Palkia is neutral to Grass Knot so takes the same amount of damage. Thunder is just overly more useful for 2HKOing Scizor switch-ins and damaging Jirachi quite badly.
Okay. I have played Ubers before. And seeing as I've been 18th on the Ubers Leaderboard, I think I'm expierenced enough to rate.
I mentioned Grass Knot because Rain isn't always up. +1 Aura Sphere 2HKO's Scizor anyway. Once again, Rain is not always up. So using Thunder would be risky, hence Grass Knot.

Light Clay is a dumb idea on Lugia as well, Leftovers enhances its staying power so well.
No, not really. Seeing as it's running Dual Screens, Light Clay would help, seeing as you've already get Roost.

There are so many things wrong with this rate. For one, it didn't really make you look like an experience player to talk about 5th Generation Ubers like you acutally know what it is. Zekrom and Reshiram and every other pokemon in the game will start out in one tier so there won't be a complete set of Ubers for a long time. How can you rate a team where the metagame isn't even existent?
Zekrom and Reshiram are likely to go to Ubers when the Tiers are remade.
How can their be a team for a Tier that doesn't exist then?

Agreeing with Mail Time on this one as Light Clay on Lugia isn't exactly the smartest of ideas
It was just an idea.

and Thunder is always more useful on Palkia.
Palkia isn't on this team.

Otherwise, please don't rate a team in which the tier does not even exist, otherwise it is based completely on speculation and the rate becomes invalid. Thank you, have a nice day.
Why is there a team for a Tier that doesn't exist then? Using your logic, this team can not be rated.

Last edited:

Mail Time

Banned
Okay. I have played Ubers before. And seeing as I've been 18th on the Ubers Leaderboard, I think I'm expierenced enough to rate.
I mentioned Grass Knot because Rain isn't always up. +1 Aura Sphere 2HKO's Scizor anyway. Once again, Rain is not always up. So using Thunder would be risky, hence Grass Knot.

No, not really. Seeing as it's running Dual Screens, Light Clay would help, seeing as you've already get Roost.

If this leaderboard you are talking about is the mighty Pokemon Online I am not even going to bother arguing. Charizard is in the top 30 most used in Ubers there so ya 18th really backs you up.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Zekrom and Reshiram are likely to go to Ubers when the Tiers are remade.
How can their be a team for a Tier that doesn't exist then?

Argument is invalid, just because they are more likely to be Uber in this generation doesn't mean that it is 100% guaranteed. It is true that it is likely, I will admit that; however you can't properly rate this team [which you just did] based on the grounds that there are no proper tiers.

Palkia isn't on this team.

I mean that Palkia, as Fried Rhys stated, is better to use Thunder against and is overall better. Sorry I did not word that eloquently enough for you.

Why is there a team for a Tier that doesn't exist then? Using your logic, this team can not be rated.

Then why did you post a rate, it would be awfully hard to do so as you stated.

Last edited:

Prototype01

Genosect lover
I have a suggestion for Genosect:Instead of making a physical sweeper make it special since it learns a heap of special moves.Instead of having a life orb i would make it hold a cassete(which changes techno buster's type) and have techno buster instead of shadow claw. i would also teach it lock on over swords dance to ensure all moves hit.Also replace x-scissor with metal sound to make hits more effective.Also teach it zap cannon to cut out big chunks of hp out the oppenents pokemon.(remember to give it the bug or steel cassete for STAB...)

jellsprout

Encourage/Brute Force doesn't work the way you described. It only boosts attacks with chance-based secondary effects, such as Fire Blast and Psychic. It doesn't do anything for the moves you listed. You still get locked into Outrage, you still die from Explosion and neither of them gains a power boost.

Roost/Multi-Scale Lugia is illegal. Roost isn't a TM anymore in the fifth gen and you can't get a Multi-Scale Lugia in the fourth gen. He does still get Recover.

I don't think Genosekuto is possible to obtain yet, or that he will be in the near future.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
brute force gets rid of all chance effects such as burn on flamethrower etc.

Simse

Argument is invalid, just because they are more likely to be Uber in this generation doesn't mean that it is 100% guaranteed. It is true that it is likely, I will admit that; however you can't properly rate this team [which you just did] based on the grounds that there are no proper tiers.
I know it isn't exactly perfect, but you can still rate it. The two other 5th Teams have been rated similar to mine.

I mean that Palkia, as Fried Rhys stated, is better to use Thunder against and is overall better. Sorry I did not word that eloquently enough for you.
Ah, okay. Grass Knot and Thunder are still the same power. Thunder does give you the added benefit of Para, but seeing as Rain isn't guaranteed Grass Knot would be the next best thing.

Then why did you post a rate, it would be awfully hard to do so as you stated.
It isn't impossible though. It can still be rated.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
I know it isn't exactly perfect, but you can still rate it. The two other 5th Teams have been rated similar to mine.

The tier doesn't exist completely yet so I don't see how you can give a valid rate that is not based on speculation.

It isn't impossible though. It can still be rated.

I am really confused here.........

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Go psycho shock on mewtwo for that blissey coverage. Your lead needs to be something that can either set up rocks or take down deoxys-s without it getting 2 layers. Learn the ubers tier more. Your team struggles against kyogre, struggles to take dragon attacks (genosect is weak). You need a more solid steel type.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
Go psycho shock on mewtwo for that blissey coverage. Your lead needs to be something that can either set up rocks or take down deoxys-s without it getting 2 layers. Learn the ubers tier more. Your team struggles against kyogre, struggles to take dragon attacks (genosect is weak). You need a more solid steel type.

Keep in mind that both teams are revealed at the start of the battle and then you choose your lead. The days of suicide leads are dieing.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Roost/Multi-Scale Lugia is illegal. Roost isn't a TM anymore in the fifth gen and you can't get a Multi-Scale Lugia in the fourth gen.

You can't get a Multi Scale Lugia in 5th gen yet either.

Any pokemon with a dream world ability apart from Hihidaruma and Musharna is illegal and/or hacked.