• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Pokemon you caught on Hg/Ss?

Withooasaurus

Dinosaur man.
What was that first Pokemon you caught?
Was is on the first few routes?
Or did you wait until something better?

Mine was a Bellsprout, so I could trade it for the Onix.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Sentret or Pidgey... Sentret got sacked early on, and Pidgey actually got to become a pidgeot.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Pidgey. It later went on to become a valuable part of my team as a pidgeot.

Xx Flare xX

I think mine was Sentret in HG which I used to trade for a female Vulpix egg I had prepared for the game.

Squaaah

Mine was a Zubat, yeah thats right. I actually used a Zubat.

Crobats still actually a member of my team.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
We do have a HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion section, you know...

HOWEVER, in the name of being a good sport, I believe it was a Sentret in HG and a Hoothoot in SS.

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
Mine was either Mareep so I could have an Amphoros on my team or a Hoothoot to trade for a Phanpy cause I can't catch one on SoulSilver.

Aurath8

I caught a Geodude in Dark Cave at level 3 and used it until i ould get Swinub. I also caught a Zubat at level 3. Never try to raise one after doing that. You can't attack until level 13 when you get bite. It's ten levels hell.

Kim62

Hello
The first one I caught was Mareep. I got it so that I could beat Falkner with it. Now it's part of my main team.

MicahXD

Dun Taze Me Bro!
I caught a sentret when I got the game. Furrets are cool and I thought it would later help me through the game. Unfortunately I failed and made an entire team of terrible pokemon who were all weak to the gym leaders. So I ended up starting the game over. XD XD

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
In my HeartGold run, I decided to only catch Pokemon that I would use on my team, HM Slaves, and rare Pokemon (Dratini, Red Gyrados, and Legendaries).

First capture was Caterpie. It's now a Butterfree on my main team, which consists of Feraligatr, Butterfree, Togekiss, Tauros, and Growlithe, all in their mid-upper sixties (in levels).