• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Pokemon you caught on Hg/Ss?

GroudonBoy

it was sentert

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
A hoothoot which I would use on my team.

NorthernLord

Back in gold, my first pokemon to catch was rattata. When i came to the day care I bred it with another rattata into VERY VERY many rattata. Yes, I was young and stupid (5 years old lol :p)
And in HG my first pokemon to catch was rattata.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
My first team plan in SS was to catch a Sentret, as my Crystal version had an Ice punching Furret as a team member. I started playing SS in the afternoon, though, so I never saw Sentret. As I was walking with Leaf Guy the Chikorita near Dark Cave, a Ratatta appeared. I saw Ratatta before, but this one seemed different, like it was calling out to me. I decided that I wanted to catch it. I then caught it with a Pokeball, and Mouser, now a Raticate, has been on my team ever sense.

7 tyranitars

a Pidgey :p (first one I encountered was a sentret)

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
The first one I caught was a Tentacool, just after receiving my Old Rod. It's no on my team.

Soulfly

Trainer
The first Pokemon I caught was Pidgey.

KabalowX

Ultima Link
HOOTHOOT!!! yeah its hoothoot i used it till noctowl but i traded it 4 a lucario on my platinum BUT Owl (noctowl nickname) got erased with my platinum wen my sister deleted it...i miss him :C

Vycksta

Gastly for me at good old Sprout Tower! I'm like that with my games; I only tend to get the Pokemon I want in my team, Legendaries or Pokemon vital to the storyline whenever I do my first run through.

Araleon

Chill
Hoppip. Her name's Lucy and she's currently a Jumpluff on my team as I concur Johto.

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Dunsparce. It's in one of my boxes. I wanted an Adamant one, but I couldn't get one and continued playing. The first Pokémon I caught that was added to my team was a Nidoran♂, then Misdreavus, Tangela, Dratini and finally Chansey.

Hoothoot and Sentret aren't registered in my Pokédex yet and I have already beat the E4 twice! I'll have to catch them sooner or later!

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Hoot-hoot! I wanted a bird Pokémon (or rather, needed one) and I never really cared for Pidgy. So Hoot-hoot was the obvious choice (kinda the only too).

MareBear

Pidgey was the first official Pokemon I caught in my first playthrough of HeartGold. She earned a permanent spot on my team until I got to Kanto, when she was replaced by Gliscor.

childxofxthexgrave

Master of Reality
It was either my Geodude or my Spearow, both of whom are still on my team and have evolved.