• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Pokemon you caught on Hg/Ss?

Torpoleon

I think I caught Sentret first so I could trade five Pokémon (excluding my Starter Pokémon, Totodile) to Pearl to get five more Pearl that would be on my SoulSilver Team.

Calm PokeMaster

My first was a Ledyba, near Cherrygrove. I just caught it because it was the first Pokemon which appeared on the second rout(near Cherrygrove).

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
my first was a pidgy

I think mine was either a Caterpie or a Spinarak, because by the time I was at the Elite 4, for some reason I thought it'd would be a cool idea to have a Butterfree and an Ariados. *facepalm*

Blazing Charmander

Mine was the oh-so boring Ratatta. I was really hoping to catch a Pidgey or Sentret first, but seeing as the vermin Pokemon appeared first I figured I might as well add it to my new Pokedex straight away.

However, Pidgey was my first capture to become a main fixture on my team, which also became my invaluable flyer.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Mine was a Weedle on route 30, caught it so I could trade my Heracross from Platinum over

Spearow at the bottom of route 46. Or was it a Sentret on route 29? I'm not sure but I used Furret to beat the elite four. Just because it was at high level.

Uncle_Starburst

The first one I caught was a Gastly but it was Adamant, then a second Gastly with another bad nature, and then three more Gastly, but when I was about to leave to deposit them I ran into a SHINY GASTLY which I caught! It is now on my main team and I consider it my first "Official" catch in HeartGold.

Chazzmoso

The ONLY Emokitty!
Ratatta for me. Just so I could start using my Pokewalker really. I'll probably scrap it later for something good like a Mareep or Something.

simplyabbey

Pidgey. She's now my lvl 68 Pidgeot, relaxed nature. :)

Celest M.

Celestial Mistress~
Why, my HM slave Sentret, of course.