• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Pokemon you caught on Hg/Ss?

ppaco

mine was ratatta and i remember freaking out irl

I think it was Scentret.

Sammekins

Roll Tide.
Hoothoot or Geodude.

AmpharosFanatic

First one I WANTED to catch was Mareep. I actually didn't know you could get one before Falkner and waited until after beating him.

99% sure it was a Pidgey though...

Mister_SGG

My first Soul Silver run... Oh yeah. I remember back then I didn't train entire teams, just my starter. So, I had level 46 Totodile when I caught the Red Gyarados, the first Pokemon I "caught" on Soul Silver. xD

Shadowfrost

^-^ EPIC WIN
Sentret ~ which became a pretty epic Furret with Belly Drum.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Come to think of it, my very first little Sentret is living a happy life as a Lv54 Furret in my PC at the moment- I'm training some of my other Pokemon as well as hunting for some shinies. I think Furret can come back into my party soon though, it seems a bit boring sitting in a PC all day!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Either my male Naive Pidgey called Jeff or my female Naive Sentret named Fluffy. Probably Fluffy. Both are now fully evolved and level 57. Don't use them much, though I'll transfer both to Black.

-Shadow!

Dragon & Steel-type!
Since I started with a solo-run playthrough, the first I caught was the Shiny Gyarados

Neon-Snorlax702

first route, pidgey! :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
The first Pokemon I caught on HGSS was Pidgey on the first route of the game. I caught some weak Pokemon on the first route so that I could trade them for ev trained Pokemon from Platinum.

kalespr

This has probably been done before, but I can't resist...

I first caught this supercool rattata. See my rattata is different from other rattata; it's like in the top percentile of rattata. >.>

Actually, I rather liked Mousey (uncreative names are uncreative) for the first half of the game. Hyper Fang's animation was pretty cool too. I ended up having to drop her for an HM slave around the 6th or 7th gym, though.

Volanaro

Cynical when Tired
Hoothoot! Damn thing, I caught it first on the old silver game I had too. I thought it was so cool because it was new xD

As for me? Well, my first one was the event mew but if we're not counting that...

I'm pretty sure it was Sentret.