• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Pokemon you caught on Hg/Ss?

darthroker29

Sith Lord
Pidgey. Seems he would be Useful for the long run.(He was)

Fish

Thunder Trainer
Geodude. I picked Totodile and wanted something that would be super effective against Faulkner. Actually, Golem and Feraligatr were the only two Pokemon I used throughout the game, aside from HM Slaves.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I think it was Sentret, as I wanted to catch an HM slave really early on.

Zorg

Spongetastic
I do the whole catch any pokemon i don't have thing, so probably a Rattata. Might have actually been a Mareep though...

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
Mine was Sheepy the Mareep.

Camcam

Everyone's first catch, Pidgey, even though I scrapped him as my flying type as soon as I caught Lugia. Although he stayed my means of transportation with Fly.

shadowdorothy

Sentret and Ratatta. Gold and silver respectively.

I didn't catch pidgey till after I fought with Joey.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Either a Pidgey or a Hoothoot, I can't remember exactly. I usually start off with a Flying-type though.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Ha, I guess I'm unique... I picked Spearow as my flyer. Fearow is just so much better than Pidgeot or Noctowl.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I believe it was a pidgey. Never used it though, Hoothoot was my flyer.

Darkmega354

My first was a Lv 2-3 Sentret, who was also the first pokemon to be in my Pokewalker, but scrapped shortly afterwards. However, I caught a Spearow in the Pokewalker with that Sentret, who is now a Lv. 55 Fearow.

Fish

Thunder Trainer
Ha, I guess I'm unique... I picked Spearow as my flyer. Fearow is just so much better than Pidgeot or Noctowl.

"So much better" is not correct. They are almost identical in stats, and Pidgeot can take more of a hit than Fearow can.

Last edited:

Cruisin'

Pidgey.

When i started my SS version, I planned on Pidgeot being my flyer, so i caught a pidgey ealry on. Ended up ditching it for scyther i think. Dragonite became my flyer, as he will in my current HG game.

bushie

first capture

the first i captured was a pidgey lvl 3 and its still in my team as pidegot lvl 64. i usually capture a flying poke early so pidgey was my first capture;bonsly; could someone trade me an arceus i have lvl 100 raikou and others

Last edited:

NinjaJesus

Johto Fanboy
HOOTHOOT!!! =D ;163;. Named it Hootabucks off a two and a half men episode. Ended up taking it of my team as a lv 43 Noctowl for Lugia, but then i brought in Dragonite as a replacement