• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The First Pokemon you Ever Caught+Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefko

almost completed Dex
i think mine was a Machop in Red, way back then.
cant remember what happened to it :p

SneaselClaw

Caterpie on my brother's Pokemon Red. I was adamant that I'd try and keep my team as close to Ash's anime team as possible.
Was all a waste though, my brother wiped the game to start his own.

Lady Umbreon

Believe it or not, mine was a Chansey. My brother was on his millionth playthrough of Blue and he let me explore the Unknown Dungeon and get Mewtwo for him. (Yes, I know it's really "Cerulean Cave". Shut up.)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
My first game was Yellow. I bought it the same day they were doing a massive Mew giveaway, so my first two pokemon were Pikachu and Mew. I remember I had to race against the clock to get a Pokedex (which involved going to Viridian City and back) before I reached the front of the queue or else I couldn't receive the data for Mew. Pretty intense stuff. As I recall my first actual capture was a Caterpie, so I could be like Ash.

Hallah

*Electric Zaps
Mine was a HootHoot in HeartGold. I never used it. The 1st one i caught that i USED was a lvl 8 female Mareep.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I think it was a Pidgey.

I think mine was Caterpie, which became a level 30 Butterfree i think.

Spearow, in Blue or Yellow...I had been reading the Versus Books RBY guide and decided that Spearow was the best early Poke to push through the first two-sevenths of the game...I was sorely wrong.

VelveteenWolf

Electricity Trainer
The first Pokemon I ever caught was Pidgey in my first Pokemon Game, Yellow. I also wanted the first six Pokemon to be like the ones Ash started with since I also could get charmander, squertel, and bulbasaur.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
I still remember when I met a shiny pidgey and didn't get my pokeballs yet in heartgold = =
SO MAD

mine was a Sentret on SoulSilver :D

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I got a Pidgey the first time. I knew nothing about Pokemon back then, so I had to catch everything I see.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Pidgey, Level three. Back in the days of Pokemon Red.

Had no idea what I was doing. Some friends had to teach me how to battle, throw Pokeballs, etc.

Ahh, nostalgia

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
possibly my first pokemon captured, was a poochyena, i used to thought it was cool and it evolved to mighthyena and i was like F*ck yeah! and it was so valuable for me :') but i playd it on pc emulator, when i was 5 years old my brother had the emulator installed on my pc so i would play those games.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
A Starly on the first route of Sinnoh with my Turtwig.

Palkia98

i believe it was a starly in diamond that beat the champion for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.