• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first Shiny you EVER Caught

SupremeBlisseyFan

Boulder Trainer
Not counting the Shiny Gyarados in G/S/C, what was the first Shiny you ever caught?

Just so you know, my first was a Zigzagoon which I caught on Route 103 in my current Emerald file.

;263;

Ch0c0late Av3ng3r

Ermmmm.... Oh I remember, it was a shiny Rhyhorn I caught in victory road on my gold version... In fact its the only ever shiny i've seen besides red gyarados, and a shiny gallade on a wi-fi battle...

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
my first and only shiny i caught was a zubat; i think it was in shoal cave on ruby.

Charmy

Beginning Trainer
Mine was a Zubat, which I caught in my diamond version.

Unknown Egg

My yolk cures cancer
The First I remember getting was a shiny Raticate in Silver, but I think I had one before that. I saw a shiny Swinub in the same game as well, but accidentaly ran away from it.

MayRules

Shiny Enthusiast
Shiny Pidgy in Silver. Thankfully I had the good sense to capture it after the pretty sparkle display. lol

Ze Skarmory

Shiny Gyarados.
And I mean I caught one in Pearl. Not Gold, Silver, or Crystal. PEARL.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Paras in silver. Not exactly the worlds most exciting one but hey, I thought it was cool at the time.

LimeTater

in my crystal version(dunno if it was a glitch). whenever i went to the Daycare for the first time, they would give me an egg that would always be shiny. i got a shiny igglybuff,shiny tyrouge,shiny cleffa. besides that though, it was a shiny oddish in ruby near the daycare.

Biechae

My first shiny was 6 years ago on pokemon silver which was a shiny beedrill. In fact I haven't caught another shiny pokemon since.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Can anyone guess my first shinie? I caught it on Gold, raised it to be Lv65 just to tick off my friends.

jirachiken

lots of luv!
My first shiny was on Sapphire. I caught a shiny tentacool. I didn't know what a shiny was back then so when I saw it shine I thought "Well, that's different.", and caught it. I deleted my Sapphire a while later. To this day I feel like an idiot for ereasing it.

Kaliber

Older Master
besides gyarados.

Eevee.

Jink

DY-NO-MITE
It would've been Tailow from my Emerald, but I ended up running away because I wasn't paying full attention to my screen.

The first shiny that I caught was starly on route 201 while I was chaining for shinx.