• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The first two Pokemon generations

formula1man

Do you think the first two generations of pokemon were created at the same time? Just wondering becaus ethey came out fairly close together and their were many new pokemon very early on in the anime.;110;

randomspot555

It's not beyond the realm of logic to guess that some of the Pokemon debuting in Gen II were somehow involved in Gen I. Sketches from the time suggest that several were at least thought of as concepts before being shelved for one reason or another. And Johto era Pokemon appeared in the anime as early as the first episode (Ho-Oh) shortly followed up with Togepi.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Actually 1st gen planned to has 190 pokemon, the 40 one is some from johto I think, but they were erased or something like that and become missingno

Correct me if i'm wrong

That's basically right. 1st gen had planned to have most of 2nd gen's pokemon, but they were cut out of 1st gen because then 2nd gen would have had very few pokemon and not enough to make it worth it. I don't think they became Missingno. though...

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Yeah this makes sense.

9-tales

With the Ho-oh appearance in the first episode of the anime, clearly there were at least SOME gen II pokemon in the late design stages when the first episode aired.

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Maybe. It not they were REALLY close together. I mean Kanto and Johto are connected landmasses. Coincidence? I dont think so.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Actually 1st gen planned to has 190 pokemon, the 40 one is some from johto I think, but they were erased or something like that and become missingno

Correct me if i'm wrong

This is probably true, I heard this before somewhere.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Red and Green were released in 1996.
Gold and Silver were released in 1999.

Three years apart. You must be thinking along the lines of them being released in the states, in which case they would seem close together. 1998 for Red and Blue being released, then Gold and Silver were already being spoken about in Japan.

formula1man

Its just when you look at pictures of the first two generations in poekdex books etc they are all drawn in the same style.

randomspot555

Its just when you look at pictures of the first two generations in poekdex books etc they are all drawn in the same style.

The team was much smaller back in Gen I. Gen II still had several of the original producers of Gen I on board. In Gen 3, several of the people who worked on the Gen I games either took supervising roles in Pokemon games (the guy who does the art still oversees all designs and has creaitive input) or took on roles throughout the franchise.