• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The First Visit to the Unova Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!! (1103)

Jibanyan

I don't necessarily mind that Go caught Golurk but I totally understand people who are annoyed at him catching it after Ash did pretty much most of the effort to beat it
Yeah, I don't mind Ash not getting Golurk but it's dumb Gou caught it when he did nothing, he got a strong Pokémon doing nothing, not even Pokémon Go works like that. The problem is that him getting a strong Pokémon while doing the minium means he has no reason to get better at battling and train his Pokemon if he is getting strong mons anyways. I know people say it makes sense because "it is his goal" but imagine if next gen introduces a character whose goal is to catch every legendary Pokémon, would people be okay with a character getting Lugia or Reshiram effortlessly because it is his goal so it makes sense? No. This is not about Ash getting robbed, this is about Gou getting Pokémon he doesn't deserve.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Are we gonna have this same discussion about Go catching Pokémon every single week? Really?

*Ahem* Well, anyways, I can’t say this episode was as good as episodes 10-13, but it was miles ahead of the steaming pile of mediocrity that was episodes 3-9 (excluding 7). My only two points of contention are Pikachu trying to shock Ground-types (twice) and Go catching Darmanitan without doing anything.

Other than that, it was a really fun episode. The animation was superb, the Indiana Jones-style comedy was hilarious, all the CoTDs were enjoyable, and the Raid Battle was pretty good! Also, we saw Golurk turn into a cannon for the first time since PokéPark 2; I’ve always wanted that to happen again.

If I am to enter the debate around Go’s captures, though, the only one I found bad was Darmanitan. In fact, I would’ve been happier if he’d fought it and caught Sandile without any effort instead, seeing as Sandile is the weaker of the two. Also, I don’t know why people are claiming that “Go did nothing” to deserve Golurk. Not only did his Beedrill do damage, but his Darmanitan also helped to deal the finishing blow. It’s true that Dragonite did the most out of any Pokémon there, but that doesn’t invalidate the work that Go and the others did.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My only two points of contention are Pikachu trying to shock Ground-types (twice) and Go catching Darmanitan without doing anything.

. . .

If I am to enter the debate around Go’s captures, though, the only one I found bad was Darmanitan. In fact, I would’ve been happier if he’d fought it and caught Sandile without any effort instead, seeing as Sandile is the weaker of the two.
At the very least, Go’s Darmanitan made up for its easy capture by battling Golurk in the raid, but yeah I agree with everything else

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yup. Unless Go makes some sort of epic zerg rush, it's kind of useless to see him catching so many Pokemon that only get about a minute or so of screen time.

Eh.
For some reason, I would really like to see a Pokemon RTS game with your statement, as I enjoy playing a RTS game. It's not Starcraft but Total Annihilation for me though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd say that's the first time I had an issue with Go getting a pokémon. And it wasn't even Golurk. Believe or not, it was... Darmanitan. Not just it was starting to cause trouble because Pikachu and Scorbunny were being brats but also how he just got it in one throw. I know sometimes we can get such pokémon on one shot on Pokémon Go but that just added to Go's long lucky streak. One has to wonder why he didn't try the lotto yet :p

Also, one would think the staff would use Go's goal as an excuse to reuse footage of him throwing pokéballs. I mean think about it. Depending on the case, you could have the scene of Go throwing the pokéball at a certain pokémon multiple times without that looking strange/out of place.

D

Deleted member 384931

He made another mistake with Hapus Golurk, quick attack didnt work then

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This episode was entertaining. The race scene was really cool and the traps were cliche but still funny. I liked how Gou actually battled using Scorbunny instead of just throwing a pokeball at it Sandile. The battle scene was awesome! And it was great to see Dragonite being used and Gou using his other mons. So now we got two bigger than average mons in this series. First the Snorlax from ep 5 and now this Golurk. I hope Gou will use Golurk in a battle in a future episode. I'm glad he caught it instead of Ash. I would've liked to see Gou catch one of the Cofagrigus too I'm glad we again saw his previous captures in the lab scene. And lol how the 2 mons the just flew/levitated by were TR's Unova mons. Probably not a coincidence. The next episode seems like generic a pokemon lost it's item and became depressed filler.

dman_dustin

When did Ash ever fight a Ground-type in the past 13 episodes to learn that though?

...Oh right, people still think continuity is a thing

HE (Ash) LITERALLY TOLD PIKACHU THAT ELECTRIC TYPES WOULD NOT WORK ON SANDILE IN THE SAME DAMN EPISODE.

Caps lock for emphasis.

Even Go mentioned Ash's stupid mistake later.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Yeah this I agree with. I guess Gengar might do assuming Ash catches it.

Also wished that Cofagrigus moved like that in the games rather than floating. And GO to have caught one so we could see it a teensy bit more since it hardly appears in the anime.

Did you know that Cofagrigus’ last (and its first) anime appearance was a bit over eight years ago in 2012?!
And this was Meditite's first apperance since the Maylene gym battles. Which was even longer ago

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gou catching Goloog, Hihidaruma, and Meguroco was fine with me, although I wish that he had done more when fighting the giant Goloog during the Raid Battle. I was pleasantly surprised that Satoshi's Kairyu knew Dragon Claw and Hurricane, and I really liked Karabari in particular out of the new characters, because he's the first Shiny collector that we've seen in the anime. Seeing an Asanan for the first time since DP was neat as well.

Red and Blue

So does anyone else think that Keira and Milo are related? They look VERY similar (eye color and shape, hair color, skin complexion).
Possibly. Although people thought that Viren and Guzma were related as well due to similar appearances

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I'm actually glad they made Ash be all "Oh sh- I forgot" when it came to Pikachu using electric moves on ground types because tbh, after seeing the series try to justify it with OS logic with the water in SM (Not even a legit soak attack to make it make sense which is double bullshit), I much rather they stick with the actual type rules. Plus I wonder if since Mudsdale Ash forgot Electric don't work with ground.
TBH it's so common to see the guy use wrong type matchups many times (Like in XY(Z) for instance) I wouldn't be surprised if they legit slipped his mind to the point he needed to be reminded every now and then how it works when it doesn't do jack against those he fights ala Electric on Ground.

Plus did he command Pikachu to do it? I've been seeing folks say he didn't and that's why that messup is there. But I haven't watched the episode to see myself (Unfortunately I haven't had interest to catch up since I think the 7th episode of this series, sadly because Go got pretty boring to me x.x)