• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

The Flame Pokémon-athon!

Entering what they thought was the Safari Zone, Ash & Co get mistaken for poachers and taken to a ranch where they learn of a Pokémon Race. Ash has to ride Ponyta to take part in the race and win. Can Ash do this successfully?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
No one's commented yet. Hm.

Well, this episode DID have Dario, which made it interesting for me as USUAL. XD It's ALWAYS a boy. ALWAYS. XD

I did like the part with Rhyhorn and Onix though. With the water. XD *amused*

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Well, good! :3 As he should be!

Besides. We needed a change of pace at this point. Most of the characters from then were either goodie-goodies, baddies that turned good, or Team Rocket. >> And then we got Dario. :3

Besides, Gary's not as hot. And Gary can't ride a Dodrio that rivals the speed of a Rapidash, now can he? :3

*Paraphrasing....SapphireDewgong, I think it was?* I'd explain more, but now I must pluck randomly hurled exclamation points out of my eyes. :3

Akane

YAY! I really loved this epsiode. Classic. I liked the parts that Team Rocket and Dario placed all those traps so the contesants including Ash, Misty, and Brock will fall and get hurt. Most of them worked, but Ash just kept on going with Ponyta. So great. I also liked when Ponyta envolved to Rapdash and Ash beat Dario. *By the nose* It was so great. Lara is really cool too. Another classic added in my vault of favorites, lol.

M

meggirl63

Phantom_Bugsy said:
Well, good! :3 As he should be!

Besides. We needed a change of pace at this point. Most of the characters from then were either goodie-goodies, baddies that turned good, or Team Rocket. >> And then we got Dario. :3

Besides, Gary's not as hot. And Gary can't ride a Dodrio that rivals the speed of a Rapidash, now can he? :3

*Paraphrasing....SapphireDewgong, I think it was?* I'd explain more, but now I must pluck randomly hurled exclamation points out of my eyes. :3

I'm glad that Gary's a lot more nice than he used to be. ;)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Of course Gary's nicer, he has different plans. :3 I don't think we'll be seeing much of him other than specials....

Dario is still > Gary. .____O;

M

meggirl63

Phantom_Bugsy said:
Of course Gary's nicer, he has different plans. :3 I don't think we'll be seeing much of him other than specials....

Dario is still > Gary. .____O;

Totally! ;)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
On another note, I think Dario and Lara should have a Hoso. Maybe we can find out if he felt any remorse to the people he could have potentially injured. o_O;

Maybe he and Lara can patch things up. Then maybe there will be more fans of him..... *starts creating a website* >3

Then again....I still wouldn't like Lara. >>

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yay.^^ This is my absolute all-time number one favorite episode of all time! This was the very first one I ever saw and every time I watch it I have great memories of the good old days when I was first discovering Pokémon. When I first saw it, I was impressed right away. It's such an exciting episode and it has cameos from all sorts of different pokémon. I was hooked instantly after this one.

Team Rocket is bad, but still manages to be quite comical. Laura Laramie was a great character, and the race was an excellent idea. This episode has some really good music, including one piece that I don't think has been in any other episode since. And anybody who knows me knows that I love the music in Pokémon and it's really important to me. Not to mention the animation in this episode was really good. There are only a few episodes that have this distinct style of animation and this one was probably the best example. I like the style of how everything is drawn, it's great. And who could forget when Squirtle runs up and says "Zen Zeni" I just love that.XD Overall, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this one, it's truly classic. If only they still made them like this...

Last edited:

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Awww, I wish it was the first one I saw. But the first one I saw was 'School of HArd Knocks,' so I can't really complain. XD

For once, Team Rocket wasn't the main baddie. >3 That amused me.

I can't reiterate it enough, Dario's a babe. XD!

You do bring up a good point on the animation, though. It was very good. :3

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yep, it was a great first episode to see if you're new to pokémon. It sure hooked me. After this one, I couldn't wait for more.^_^ I'm lucky that the first few I saw were all really exciting.

R

Robert

This was a great episode and very exciting. Another one on my list of classics. :)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This is one of those few episodes I've still got lyin' around on video somewhere. I do remember liking it, though - so much that I brought back Lara and Dario on "Intensity" (you just KNEW we were gonna wind up there, didn't you?). I remember Dario being considerably nasty in this episode, so I upped his ante in "A Few Pretty Good Men" to the point where he physically abuses his Dodrio (with whips and the like) when it won't listen to him. Naturally, he leaps at the opportunity to join Team Rocket - I always thought he might go that route in the end anyway.

O

Ororo Munroe

"I hit a bullseye." (Or something like that.) LOL, that was funny. I liked the race, it was nice to see Ash, Misty, and Brock all compete in the same thing. And it was amusing how Pikachu and Squirtle were in the race too.

Phantom_Bugsy said:
Awww, I wish it was the first one I saw. But the first one I saw was 'School of HArd Knocks,' so I can't really complain. XD

For once, Team Rocket wasn't the main baddie. >3 That amused me.

I can't reiterate it enough, Dario's a babe. XD!

You do bring up a good point on the animation, though. It was very good. :3

Hey bugsy, if you think that dario hot, wait and see the Tosherio Ono's manga verison of him. You will be all over it i'm telling you. i'll send you a picture of him on aim.

B

Blaziken's Emberz

This episode wasn't half bad. It shows how fast Ponyta is in Red/Blue/Yellow, especially with its looks. Some of the people who drew Ponyta, [spoil]Rapidash, when Ponyta evolves in this episode[/spoil], Dodrio, and a few others who weren't quite seen in most episodes.

: PMD :

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I've seen Ono's version of Dario, he seriously IS a babe. >3 And you saw a rougher side of him, too. I love it. :D

Heracross

Custom User Title
I just noticed something else about this episode as I was watching it yesterday. In addition to being able to hear Squirtle say it's Japanese name, you can also hear James' Weezing say 'Dogas!' which is part of it's Japanese name, Matadogasu. It was the part when it pops up and uses it's smog attack on Ponyta (James: No don't use the gas! XD). I recorded this episode six years ago and in all that time I never realized Weezing said that. Just another reason to love this episode.