• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

PAK Man

I just saw this episode for the first time in many years on Boomerang the other night. Great memories. I think this was one of the first episodes I saw on TV, because I had rented the videos to see the episodes I had missed. It was nice seeing Ponyta & Rapidash get some screen time, as this was pretty much the only time they received it (besides cameos). It's funny how 4Kids forgot to remove Zenigame & Metadogasu saying their names. Did anybody notice that the Nidorina that got hit by the Tauros was a Nidorino at the beginning of the race? That's one of my favorite mistakes of all time.

Maestro Kinético

Very good episode, it was the first episode I watched. When Ponyta evolved to Rapidash I didn't know what was happening, it was my first time seeing it happen.

Princess Reina

lalala....
The one thing I am VERY concerned about is the guy that owned the Electrode. He\\\'s on top as it tumbles down the slope, and falls into the hole with it. Then it uses explosion, and the guy is basically on top of it. Can we assume this guy is now mincemeat? I doubt he\'d escape with no injuries. Ah well! He\'s probably used to Electrode by now.

I also worried about this poor guy. I was thinking what happened with him. Probably he died. He didnt have any chances against explosion.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
Did anybody notice that the Nidorina that got hit by the Tauros was a Nidorino at the beginning of the race? That's one of my favorite mistakes of all time.

Yes, I did notice that. It kind of had me confused for a while until I figured out it was just a mistake.

Other than that, I thought this was a good episode. I liked the part when Ponyta evolved into Rapidash.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
He didn't die.

It's Pokemon, the show where characters fall thousands of feet and get electrocuted and survive.

I am not sure. The explosion was really huge and some pokemon were hurt from it. That guy probably is now in heavens.

This episode is one of my favorites. The race was good.

Batdude

Old school
This was one of my faves back in the day, it showcased a load of Pokémon at the same time, made Dodrio out to be far cooler than it ended up being in the game, and had one of the coolest on-screen evolutions that I can remember...

I remember TR had some "quality" jokes too...

"I got a bulls-eye!"
"Or close to it..."

I felt so sorry for the Rhyhorn who jumped onto a stone and sank right into the lake... I know it wouldn't have killed it, but I'm sure it comes close...

pokemon fan 132

Another very good episode.I remember the first time when i watched it,oh this brings back memories.Anyway the race was fantastic,and it was interesting till the end to see who will win between Ash and Dario.Ponytas evolution in Rapidash was amasing and i love how this changed the outcome of the race,making this episode even better and Ash completely fair won.Also the battle against ream rocket was very entertaining,and seeing how they loose as usual.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I enjoyed it when Ponyta evolved right near the end of the race and Dario got the smug smile knocked off his face.

Icefiyre

Banned
This is one of the episodes that Team Rocket cheats in order to win the race with a trainer's Dodrio. I found it fair and unfair in respective ways. But I loved when Lara's Ponyta evolved into Rapidash as it has good speed. The most funny part I loved was when Team Rocket was drill=pecked!

Tadashi

kiss my greens
This is one of my favorite Kanto episodes ever. Lara was such an endearing character, and Ash was so great to step up to the plate for her. The race itself was awesome... the sinking Rhyhorn, Pikachu and Squirtle in general... all very nice. It was also awesome that Ponyta evolved at the last minute to beat Darrio and win the race. I wish they'd bring back these guys, they were neat characters.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I still don't understand why Ash was bawwing at Dario using unfair methods of winning, when the only reason he himself won was because the Pokemon he was riding evolved. :/ that's even less fair to me. Of course, I do have a bias seeing how Dario is one of my favorite characters ever, but even back when I first saw the ep I was like WAIT A MINUTE >:/

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
An odd episode but I loved the ending. Ponyta evolving into Rapidash.

At least Ash managed to bond with Ponyta so it wouldn't burn him.

A solid 6/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great tournament.

i'm happy that Ash won, Rapidash was great.

8/10

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Good episode. The idea of racing Pokemon is quite amusing. Pikachu riding on Squirtle was priceless. The fact that people in Kanto actually know about Team Rocket is refreshing after watching future episodes where people are always like "Team Rocket? Who're they?!"

8/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I could have sworn I posted in this thread ages ago, hm

I loved this episode, pretty cool. Poor Lara getting injured right before the race. It was interesting it came down to Ash and what's his name?

Loved how Ponyta evolved in mid race then ran towards the finish line, and then back hooving the guy and his Dodrio lol.

I think if the Electrode guy died they wouldn't have had the race continued.