• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Looking back at this episode, Lara Laramie is one my of favorite one-shot characters. One of my headcanons is that she is a Denver Broncos fan. She has blue hair and an orange bandana (the same colors as the Broncos).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dario seemed like a threat at 1st but the TRio were far more cunning than him.

Dario was still a huge jerk however and him hiring Team Rocket to break Lara's arm was messed up. I wish he had actually gotten arrested by officer Jenny in the end. :[

Good episode. I was fond of Ponyta because I've always liked horses + the race itself was great especially the finish line evolution. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This is among my Top 5 most favorite Kanto episodes for the Ponyta evolution scene alone. Gallop and Satoshi winning the race for Fuuko was great too, as was Kasumi and Takeshi's involvement in the race. Dorio working for the Rocket-dan was destined to end in failure for them all, but it was still pretty cool.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lara was such an endearing character, and Ash was so great to step up to the plate for her. The race itself was awesome: the sinking Rhyhorn, Pikachu and Squirtle in general was all very nice. It was also awesome that Ponyta evolved at the last minute to beat Darrio and win the race.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty decent episode. I loved the moment where Ponyta evolved into Rapidash before winning the race. I also didn't really like Dario that much and I found Team Rocket irritating in this episode.
8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I also didn't really like Dario that much and I found Team Rocket irritating in this episode.

When aren't they irritating? But frankly, I kind of laughed when they struck that Lara chick's arm. It just seemed so ridiculous how they hit the bull's eye from gar away.

Leonhart

Imagineer
A decent filler episode. I felt sorry for Lara when she broke her arm. Dario was an annoying character, I wish Rapidash torched him after winning the race.
7/10

Frankly, I was surprised that Dorio didn't receive a harsher punishment for what he did since he was working with the Rocket-dan.

Shayuin

Banned
One thing I loved here was how Ponyta wasn't Ash's Pokemon, yet its evolution scene still got so much fanfare.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It made me hope that Ash was gonna end up with Rapidash by the end, though of course that was a huge tease. :/

Since Satoshi already owned a Hitokage anyway, I wouldn't have seen the point of him acquiring Gallop. So it's good that things didn't turn out that way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So? Him owning 2 Fire-types wasn't taboo.

I meant that Satoshi getting Gallop when he had a perfectly good Fire-type already would've been pointless. Gallop had an owner already regardless, so it's chances of going with Satoshi were null to start with.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder why Kasumi decided to stay behind after the explosion happened. She could've kept going, although perhaps she stayed as a way of reducing Satoshi's competition.