• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

Lara asking Ash to win the marathon for her was a good idea since he helped Ponyta evolve. I gotta say though I didn't like when Team Rocket caused Lara's injury. That was savage.

gentwoer

It's funny this is the first pure filler episode since the Maiden Peak's episode. I mean in between that time we had Ash saying goodbye to Butterfree, the 3-part Sabrina arc, Ash captures Primeape, Ash gets the rainbow badge, Misty gets Psyduck, Brock gets Vulpix, Ash says goodbye to Primeape, Ash captures Muk, Team Rocket's Pokemon evolve, Ash gets the soul badge. But here nothing noteworthy at all it's just an expendable episode about a Pokemon race. Which is a neat idea I guess.The southern accents of Lara and Dario got annoying but eh whatever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
gentwoer said:
It's funny this is the first pure filler episode since the Maiden Peak's episode. I mean in between that time we had Ash saying goodbye to Butterfree, the 3-part Sabrina arc, Ash captures Primeape, Ash gets the rainbow badge, Misty gets Psyduck, Brock gets Vulpix, Ash says goodbye to Primeape, Ash captures Muk, Team Rocket's Pokemon evolve, Ash gets the soul badge. But here nothing noteworthy at all it's just an expendable episode about a Pokemon race. Which is a neat idea I guess.The southern accents of Lara and Dario got annoying but eh whatever.

What's even stranger to me is how exciting and fun this episode is in spite of its filler status. I wish that the current saga had quality fillers like this one.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
It's sad how 4Kids would add in all kinds of American accents, but then would have no problems erasing Japanese references whenever they could.

I didn't really mind when 4Kids would add strange accents to the characters since the Japanese version does that often as well, and at least in this episode the Southern accents felt suitable given the ranch setting. It's just too bad that Dorio's English voice actor's performance was a bit hammy.

Ponyta not trusting Ash and burning him made me laugh because it reminded me of how dogs often growl at people that they dislike. At least Ponyta grew to like Ash eventually and even evolved because of Ash's guidance. I thought that Misty and Brock deserved more scenes though instead of them staying behind during the race to help the injured people. My favorite scene was when that Rhyhorn tried to jumped on the rocks and ended up sinking. 7/10

Squirtle and Pikachu racing xD
This episode showcases Ash's trust in Pokémon and I love it.
Dario looks like Reggie. Notice how a lot of characters in the early episodes had the same zs on their eyes as Ash?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Love this episode!

- It was always nice when all the characters participated in competitions.
- Pikachu being a competitor with Squirtle was too funny!
- Starmie just glides lol
- Ponyta evolving in the middle of the race was badass and the soundtracks made it more epic.
- That electrode guy lol
- I wish a main character had racing as their goal. The potential was certainly there.