• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Torpoleon

This was a pretty decent episode. Too bad that Team Rocket interrupted Ash's Gym Battle with Volkner with the stealing of Sunyshore Tower, thus postponing the gym battle. At least Grotle evolved into Torterra and learned Leaf Storm.
8/10

Dattebayo

Banned
It's official, Ash's team is now unbalanced for having two ground types (Gible and Torterra). Now 3/4 of his team will be wiped out by a single ice move or an ice type with STAB. I was really waiting for Ash to finally get his final badge, but due to Team Rocket's actions, the battle will have to be delayed.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
This time an earlier and shorter review than usual, but you see, I've got to go out tonight. I don't like the idea of going to that party but there's not much going on in my town usually, so I guess you've got to grab every opportunity...

Anyways, a great episode! I sure was thrilled by it!
Not only did we get an action-packed,exciting plot, we also had an evolution in Ash's team plus the impressive new attack Leaf Storm.
OK admittedly, it was a teensy bit exaggerated that apparently everybody can fly a rocket as easily as if it were a car. So actually I would have to complain about the flawed logic again, BUT this time it somehow didn't bother me. I mean, that's Team ROCKET! They just NEED a rocket more often. And the fact that Volkner built the tower could account for the question why he was able to fly that "Rocket-Tower" with relative ease.

AAAAND, don't forget HOW AWESOME Gible was!
GIBLE I LOVE YOU!
(not literally, you know hat I mean ;))

Grotle's evolution into Torterra (a Pokemon which I think was designed great btw) and Gible's heroic efforts saved my day.
See, Gible wasn't clumsy or funny at all. On the contrary, it was ready for action from the get-go and showed his sheer power once again
Gible Superstar! Who the f**k is Gliscor again?:naughty:

On a side note, I found that scene in which Brock and Flint were pedaling hilarious!Exhausted Brock being encouraged by Nurse Joy definitely was the highlight in terms of comedy! Amazing, what love can do ! :D

This is minor, but shouldn't it be SuNNyshore City? Everywhere I find this word, it's spelled with only one "n", but two "n" would make more sense if you ask me.

So to sum up my review: This was a great episode with almost nothing to complain about!

7 / 7.5 out of 10 points

artek3d

wtf people? not even a single person pointed out MOVING tower, isn't such a building supposed to have some foundations? I may be watching child stuff, but there are limits to my endurance...

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
The theft of the tower was an extra-ordinary event. And when I realized the Trio had mounted rocket thrusters on it, I was in heaven. Gible had to ruin everything, though. The part where Nurse Joy gives Brock strength to pedal, was funny. As well as this part from James:˝Or, use Electric attacks, so we could absorb them! Sheesh!˝ James is a very talented comedian. You can't beat the queen, but, by God, you sure can't beat the king, either.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
This was a very exciting episode. I'm not even bothered by the fact that the gym battle was interrupted and postponed.

Team Rocket Boss fantasy...of course Meowth imagines him taking a bath.

Once again Ash shows no concern for his own safety and jumps onto a moving rocket ship. Flint and Volkner jump too, but Flint falls off. Those sandals of his obviously don't provide much friction.

Ash and Volkner were captured by a cage, but when Ash called out Gible I was expecting Gible to eat his way out of the cage. He made up for it by eating the control panel.

Raichu is adorable. I thought so from the time Raichu jumped into Flint's arms. Pikachu is overrated in the cuteness department. I feel like the Raichu species have been unfairly stigmatized in the series since Ash's battle against Lt. Surge.

Pikachu uses Thunder Bolt and Raichu uses Thunder, but neither attack can reach Team Rocket due to their electric conductor. Ash calls for his Grotle who blocks the incoming Seviper and Carnavine. Grotle then evolves into Torterra and roars in triumph.

Torterra blasts Team Rocket off with a Leaf Storm attack and Volkner manages to steer the tower back to its rightful place.

Volkner says that his match against Ash must be postponed since the gym needs repair. Apparently they can't just battle outside or anything. So it's off to the Sea Side resort for the Grand Festival. This should give Ash time to train his two newly evolved Pokemon, Infernape and Torterra.

8/10

SmartD

It was an exicting episode. A stolen tower, a new evolution, and lot's of action. Really good stuff. Too bad the gym match is postponed, but at least we have the Grand Festival coming up.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. I like Meowth's idea for giving Sunyshore Tower to Giovanni. I also like Brock's motivation for biking. It was awesome to see Grotle evolve into Torterra and learn Leaf Storm.

~AussieWonder~

Fantastic episode. Torterra is an absolute beast; loving it. Haha Gible always makes me smile, and Brocks motivation for the Bike riding actually made me lol. Great episode. 8/10.

halloweenghost

Great episode. to me it felt 1st seasonish. loved Brock;s inspirations. loved seeing Raichu, one of my faves. Totally did not expect grotle to evolve... I thought he evolved in the episode with bertha,..but what do i know :p

Brumrha

Banned
Ash is going to finally have his gym fight against Volkner! Can this be it?!

- WAR START!! Luxray VS Grotle. FIGHT!
- Grotle starts it off with a Razor Leaf, but Luxray dodges it with no problem & counters with a Spark.
- The Spark nails Grotle square on, but seeing as to how he is a grass-type, it didn't work as well. Even so, it was pretty damn powerful.
- Then, power is offline, shutdown... imminent...... Mother%$^#er!!
- Everyone heads out to find out what the hell's going on. We find out from Officer Jenny that Team $#%@ing Rocket is taking control over Sunyshore Tower.
- Everybody mushes over to the Sunyshore Tower, just as TR manages to take the tower over for their own gains.
- Once they did, they gloat over the people from above, but not without reciting their motto first. SHUT THE #$%@ UP, YOU PIECES OF $#%^!!!
- The one issue they have with trying to stop them: They've turned the bloody thing into a rocket, just so that they can get it to Giovanni in one piece.
- However, just as the rocket is taking off, Ash, Volkner, & Flint manage to grab onto the tower, but the sheer power of their engines are too much for Flint to handle, & he comes crashing down into the drink.
- Ash almost shares the same fate as Flint, but he gets a saving throw in the form of Volkner. Even better, he finds a nearby vent in which they can go inside.
- As for Flint, well... there actually is another issue he needs to attend to: the Pokemon Center is having problems getting their back-up generator online.
- They have to use Bicycle Power to improvise, in which both Flint & Brock step up to the plate.
- Back at the tower/rocket, Ash & Volkner head on over to the observatory, even though the thing tilts completely horizontally.
- They managed to get right at the observatory doorstep, when all of a sudden, they get encaged!
- Pikachu & Raichu shock the thing, but all that does is juice up their batteries, seeing as to how those pissants have an electricity sapper hooked on to that cage.
- Ash, however, has a plan B on hand: Gible! He smashes the thing to kingdom come, & goes on a feeding frenzy that sends TR into a panic. With him "done," Ash sends him back into his ball, which may be a bad idea on his part.
- Back at the PC, Brock is weakening in his efforts, but all it takes is one plea from Nurse Joy to motivate him into giving his 110%.
- Back at the tower, Ash & Volkner Attacks with Pikachu & Raichu, but much to their chagrin, that same electricity sapper also doubles as a lightning rod, thus drawing their attacks away.
- TR attacks & sends them flying over.
- However, Ash has another plan: get Grotle out to Razor Leaf them. Upon execution, he gets more than he bargained for.
- Upgrade to Torterra is now complete! That's the first piece of good news I've heard from this in a great while!
- That upgrade also got him learning Leaf Storm, which is even better!
- Ash's Torterra Leaf Storms them out, & eventually blows a hole into the rocket that sends them flying out of here. Good #@$%ing riddance, even if it is only for now...
- Volkner takes over the reigns, & just as they're going to get blown out themselves, he manages to seal up the hole.
- The good news doesn't stop here, as the PC's generator is online! Now everyone is safe from the clutches of Death!
- As soon as Volkner flies the tower back to Sunyshore, he gets it back to where it once was & lands that son of a $%#^%. Now everything is back to normal... or is it?
- Unfortunately for Ash, the gym is in shambles all of a sudden, & it'll take some time for Volkner to refurbish it for their fight.

NOOOOO!!!! TR almost stealing Sunyshore Tower for their own gains is bad enough, but seeing Ash can't have his fight for his last badge?!! THIS IS A %$^#ING OUTRAGE!!!! Grrr....!
*starts breaking stuff left & right*
GRRRAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
I honestly enjoyed this episode a lot. I liked how Team Rocket did something big, and showed they can be tech-savvy even among their failures, Gible was hilarious (Ash shouldn't have recalled him, I liked the munching) and Grotle evolving was nice. I suppose it could've been more epic, like Monferno's evolution, but still I liked it.

Oh, and can't forget Brock's motivation. xD.

Silver_Seoul

The thing that was even more epic than Grotle's evolution? Volkner's line in this scene:

Ash: "I sure hope Flint's okay..."
Volkner: "He's a big boy. Don't worry about him."

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I thought the more epic line was Volkner saying about the city having sunny shores, and although Ash isnt real, if he were, I could imagine the cogs turning in his brain "Sunyshore.......sunny shores...........Sunyshore..........sunny shores..................OMG BLUDFIREZ LINKZ BETWEEN WORDS MANZZZ OMDZZ"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was also a good episode, but I didn't like it quite as much as the one before it. I guess I still feel like all of Team Rocket's antics are old, but this was a lot more advanced than usual. It still amazes me that Ash hasn't yet learned that Team Rocket always finds some way to neutralize Pikachu's electric attacks. TR gets props for recycling all the energy from Pikachu and Raichu. : D

I have to say, my favorite part of the episode was Flint falling off the tower and Volkner saying that Flint is a big boy who can take care of himself. How sweet. : D

Rebeccag

Good episode. Liked the Brock motovation with Nurse Joy and also the Ash/Volkner teamwork, Gible eating the bars was epic and also Grotle evolving was epic as well although its a shame that Ash will have to come back for his 8th badge now

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. Ash and Volkner teaming up to get the tower back from Team Rocket was good. Flint and Brock was just hilarious. It's a shame that the gym battle is postponed, but at least that means more training for Ash and his Pokemon, plus we'll be able to see more of Volkner and Flint later on.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The thing that was even more epic than Grotle's evolution? Volkner's line in this scene:

Ash: "I sure hope Flint's okay..."
Volkner: "He's a big boy. Don't worry about him."

I know right! Flint fell from a freaking tower that was flying high above open water, but since he's got that Clown'fro, and since he's a 'big boy' he'll be alright! xD That being said, I sorely miss Grotle.

Ash and Volkner teaming up to get the tower back from Team Rocket was good. Flint and Brock was just hilarious.

Don't Flint and Brock have the same voice actor?

Vipsoccermaster

I know right! Flint fell from a freaking tower that was flying high above open water, but since he's got that Clown'fro, and since he's a 'big boy' he'll be alright! xD That being said, I sorely miss Grotle.

Don't Flint and Brock have the same voice actor?

I'm talking about the red haired guy from the Elite Four, not Brock's father...