• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

getto89

Elite Four Sami
this episode took the cake for my favourite team rocket had the most bullet proof plan but who thought that people could grab the side of a rocket while it was taking off :O but even after that they actually had a plan and it some how failed. if ash never had gible it would have been over. very well put together ep but since i have to wait even longer for the gym battle i think my life is over

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
They should have completed the battle....... especially with grotle evolving into Torterra

Just saw the pictures for this episode!
Holy moly! Grotle evolves in to Torterra already! Now watch, Gible evolves in like the next five episodes. I know that won't actually happen, but can you imagine if Gible evolved that soon?

Will post more when I actually see this episode in motion.

Edit: Saw the episode today.

Is it just me, or did Grotles evolution feel like Combuskens in "Once More With Reeling"?
Both Pokemon evolved after battling with Team Rocket in some way. So, that way their evolution just feels tacked on at the last minute.
But, then again, I'm sure that have been other times this has happend...

Glad that Grotle evolved into Torterra and learned a new move (Leaf Storm), nonetheless.

About Raichu's voice: I haven't decided if I hate or like it.

I guess it's on to the GF before Ashs final gym battle.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Raichu and Pikachu work together in this episode. It was great to see Grotle finally evolve into Torterra, and even learned Leaf Storm finally. It was great to see Luxray again. Unfortunately the Gym Battle wasn't finished, and ended up being post-poned. It was cool to see Torterra save the day, since electric attacks were being blocked by TR's machine.

40/100

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
"At least my hair is ok" lol

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least I can always count on Team Rocket to make things interesting. :) Like I said with the previous episode, I'm not that fond of the Volkner/Flint episodes, but this was the best one. It's too bad the episode is a little too much like season seven's "It's Still Rocket Roll to Me", except that Team Rocket succeeds in stealing *and* flying the rocket this time, but otherwise it's a good episode. Plus, Grotle evolves, which is great.

7/10

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I liked this episode, Grotle evolving into Torterra was awesome to see and seeing it learn leaf storm was nice too. Brock was hilarious in this episode. I give it a 9/10!

NPT

Just a member
This episode was cool and action-packed. Ash and Volkner's battle begins, Ash sent out Grotle and Volkner sent out Luxray. Grotle and Luxray's battle was going good ...... but suddenly the lights went out and the robotic gym referee went out of commission, which caused the gym battle to be canceled.
Later they found out that Team Rocket is the main source of the problem, they turned the Sunyshore tower into a rocket and were trying to flew away with it. Ash and Volkner were able to get into the tower in time. It's funny when the cute Nurse Joy requested Brock to work and he grabbed her hand all of sudden....but as usual, Croagunk Poison Jabbed him.

I liked the part where Ash and Volkner fought Team Rocket and during the fight Ash's Grotle evolved into a Torterra. Torterra learning Leaf storm after evolving was cool.
I'm glad they were able to return the tower back to it's original position, but Volkner's gym got dameged. Which means Ash has to come back later for the gym battle.
So The group left Sunyshore City and headed for Valor Lakefront, where the grand festival is located.
It was disapointing that Ash's gym battle was delayed, but I guess the writers wanted to stretch the DP saga till the 5th Generation comes out.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
So, Grotle's evolution episode, sure glad grotle evolved for all the good it did him..........

but seriously, grotle was a fairly competent battler, and torterra has such a badass design, yet they only gave him losses, I get that infernape was the main starter, but it was still kinda shitty to watch them favor one starter over another, and at least bulbasaur and squirtle got to appear more due to being small, cute and markedable, which cant really said about tortera.

dear kalos league, please repair this turtle's battling record, sincerly phanpycross.

8/10.

JudySpell

Banned
Brock and Flint were fun to watch but the TRio's plan with the tower made me facepalm. At least Grotle proved himself useful by evolving. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was upset when Luxray vs Grotle got interrupted by the blackout, plus Team Rocket stealing Sunyshore's tower seemed too strange even for this show ha ha. I'm just glad that Ash's Grotle evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nagisa City's tower being modeled off of the Tower of the Sun was such a cool concept. I didn't think that Hayashigame should've evolved here, though. My reasoning being that the Rocket-dan's theft of the tower as well as Denzi's presence overshadowed Dodaitose in the end.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was also a good episode, but I didn't like it quite as much as the one before it. I guess I still feel like all of Team Rocket's antics are old, but this was a lot more advanced than usual. It still amazes me that Ash hasn't yet learned that Team Rocket always finds some way to neutralize Pikachu's electric attacks.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode kind of annoyed me a bit. There was rather boring and robotic dialogue throughout the episode, so it wasn't an enjoyable watch. The plot was good though, and I liked how Gible actually did something.