• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Takeoff! Sunyshore Tower!

After helping Volkner get his love for battling back, Ash & Volkner begin their gym battle. However, before too long, they discover that Sunyshore Tower is under attack by Team Rocket. Rushing to it, Ash & Co. find that saving the Tower will be harder than they thought as the Tower is in fact a giant vehicle. Will Ash win his final badge and will Ash & Co. defend Sunyshore City?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

V Faction

www.faction.com
- Luxray vs. Grotle
- Power goes out. So does robot ref.

Anyone catch what that commercial with the pigs Meowth narrated was about?

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So the gym battle is postponed. Torterra also learns a new move - Leaf Storm.

Next up is the Grand Festival. Don't get why we should wait more to the gym battle, more than 40 episodes. (And maybe 50 eventually)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I dunno about Leaf Storm, sure it's a good move to replace Razor Leaf with, but one has to wonder if they'll bring up the "Overheat" factor on it.

Cause if they do, then it was a mistake to get it.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I dunno about Leaf Storm, sure it's a good move to replace Razor Leaf with, but one has to wonder if they'll bring up the "Overheat" factor on it.

Cause if they do, then it was a mistake to get it.
I'd like them to, if only to keep around Razor Leaf as the other option for it, ala Flamethrower and Overheat on a single Pokemon.

So Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, and Leaf Storm if things go well. Grass-tacular.

So they are heading up for GF now.
I guess Volkner will include some new new member in his team when Ash returns. It won't be easy to beat Torterra unless Luxray knows Ice Fang or something like that.

The evolution was pretty ridiculous. And whole Torterra being the key was just a simple thing that Electric attacks won't work on TR in the tower so Torterra is the one who could beat 'em. Infernape could have done that too.

rlopez

Why Leaf Storm, it could have learn other attacks?
Guess we will not see Razor Leaf again.

Meh, that doesnt really bother me, razor leaf on Torterra would of have seemed weird. I guess leaf storm is the next step up. And the animation of it looked different then Paul's Torterra, or at least I think so. Cant really remember much of Paul's except the one tag battle.

Postponement on the gym battle? I thought that was gonna happen but the writers seem to be making this gym into something huge when it really isnt (besides being the last gym). Now Im just wondering how much time there going to give us from the 8th gym win to the league.

bui

Torterra learning Leaf Storm isn't a bad thing. One attack isn't enough to call it a clone of Paul's, besides razor leaf was most likely replaced which is a good thing because the move is so overused.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Meh, that doesnt really bother me, razor leaf on Torterra would of have seemed weird. I guess leaf storm is the next step up. And the animation of it looked different then Paul's Torterra, or at least I think so. Cant really remember much of Paul's except the one tag battle.

Postponement on the gym battle? I thought that was gonna happen but the writers seem to be making this gym into something huge when it really isnt (besides being the last gym). Now Im just wondering how much time there going to give us from the 8th gym win to the league.

It was different but I don't sure if becuase Kinoshita or maybe the all animation directors will change it in the next times.

This is another interesting idea, now the gym battle might be just before the league, what can make more fillers between them, if they want to keep on a big gaps between every city.

dman_dustin

Well unless I'm mistaken Ash's Torterra's leaf storm appears more spiraly, whippy, twisty, than Paul's Torterra's Leaf storm. Of course his Torterra hasn't used leaf storm in forever, so hopefully Ash's Torterra will be the one to know leaf storm.

As for the episode, the only disappointing thing I can think of is Leaf Storm. Why Leaf Storm? Who knows, but given the circumstances, it's not like Earth Power or something would've worked too well.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Well unless I'm mistaken Ash's Torterra's leaf storm appears more spiraly, whippy, twisty, than Paul's Torterra's Leaf storm. Of course his Torterra hasn't used leaf storm in forever, so hopefully Ash's Torterra will be the one to know leaf storm.

As for the episode, the only disappointing thing I can think of is Leaf Storm. Why Leaf Storm? Who knows, but given the circumstances, it's not like Earth Power or something would've worked too well.

Well why not Leaf Storm? Is a natural step up from Razor Leaf, and a Powerful Grass move, and while Earth Power is also a good move, dose it really need Earth Power, a terrain altering move, when it has a powerful Rock Climb which despite being a Normal type move can make mountains and cliff faces in the Anime, followed up by a powerful tackle.

bui

MechaBulba people didn't want Torterra to learn leaf storm because it will make it a copy of Paul's Torterra.

dman_dustin

Well why not Leaf Storm? Is a natural step up from Razor Leaf, and a Powerful Grass move.

I know that, in another forum, I suggested that Grotle evolved to use leaf storm to top Ash's command of "Grotle, razor leaf"

However the last thing Torterra needed to learn was another grass type, when it comes to special, energy ball is just outclassed by leaf storm. It kind of makes energy ball useless (except for it's power up boost). If it had to be a grass type, at least seed bomb would've worked better that way certain Pokemon won't be able to hide behind light screen.

Earth Power, would've also given Torterra a ground type move, since it is part ground now, and it kind of makes types seem useless if they don't even known any moves based on their types.

Heck mud bomb (if it can learn it), probably would've been more fitting, even if Earth Power would make no sense here (since they're flying in a tower). But oh well there's still hope for a possible move right before the League, even though that seems unlikely.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Now Torterra knows Leaf Storm but it learned it because of the plot. Earth Power would not have helped in this case, and because the situation that created is that what it learned. I can agree that Torterra needs a Ground move since it is also a Ground type but now you can consider that it has much time to learn it, whether to fight against Volkner or whether to the league, because now they are heading to the GF.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I love how Dawn pulls out the pokedex. She has only seen Paul's Torterra HOW many times?