• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

katfairy

I'm going to say that the reason for the inconsistency in how the power worked is becoming TR didn't know how to operate the tower properly and Volkner does... okay, it's a big gaping plot hole. Moving right along...

It is a bit frustrating that the last battle is delayed again, but I guess we should have known better. The last badge is always delayed beyond reason, and they always tease us like this. I really don't know why I didn't see this coming. Oh, well, blame the labyrinthitis. (No, seriously, that's a real medical condition and I've got it right now. Inner-ear crap, basically.)

And as I watched this, two thoughts sprang to mind:

a. Meowth needs psychological counseling. And there's at least five seconds of that boss fantasy that will NOT be in the dub.

b. Considering the number of times Ash has plummeted toward imminent doom, how is it he hasn't developed a fear of heights? If I were him, I'd be freaked out just climbing on a chair at this point.

katfairy

I'm going to say that the reason for the inconsistency in how the power worked is becoming TR didn't know how to operate the tower properly and Volkner does... okay, it's a big gaping plot hole. Moving right along...

It is a bit frustrating that the last battle is delayed again, but I guess we should have known better. The last badge is always delayed beyond reason, and they always tease us like this. I really don't know why I didn't see this coming. Oh, well, blame the labyrinthitis. (No, seriously, that's a real medical condition and I've got it right now. Inner-ear crap, basically.)

And as I watched this, two thoughts sprang to mind:

a. Meowth needs psychological counseling. And there's at least five seconds of that boss fantasy that will NOT be in the dub.

b. Considering the number of times Ash has plummeted toward imminent doom, how is it he hasn't developed a fear of heights? If I were him, I'd be freaked out just climbing on a chair at this point.

abyssblue

I was kind of wanting Torterra to learn Wood Hammer which is a very strong physical move. I'm imagining it to be something like Yamato's wood jutsu (from Naruto).

Perhaps the next time Ash meets Volkner in a gym battle he'll have new Pokemon like Electivire? Or if not then Ash and co might meet Volkner and Flint again somewhere in their travels and have a double battle like how it was in the games. :)

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I actually liked this episode, it was one of the more entertaining non gym battle episodes spent in the gyms city in spite of the random evolution (not that I'm complaining). This episode actually showed one of the rare times in which Team Rocket are actually competent while still being the villains, actually almost succeeding in hijacking the entire power source of the entire city. Not only that, they were actually set up a system where Ash and Volkner couldn't use their electric pokemon and were actually winning in battle. It was also nice seeing Gible used and respond right away instead of taking time to understand before responding. Though now that I've seen the episode, I can see why Ash had to come back, apparently the gym is in need of repairs.

Though something funny is from the scene where they looked around, the people seemed like they were stuck because the moving sidewalks weren't walking. Too much technology dependence, these people have forgotten how to walk. Not only that, but I find it funny that for a city with an electric type gym that they don't seem to have any kind of backup power system. The Pokemon Center scene though made me think back to Veridian City power outage. Whatever happened to the days of the backup Pika power formed by Pikachu doing the konga line in a circle.

Two things I wonder though, how exactly did the lighthouse coming out of the ground cause damage to the gym yet nothing else, especially when there were closer buildings? And two, how exactly did Team Rocket expect to get the lighthouse back to Kanto when even with the charges from Pikachu, Raichu and Luxray it barely made it for its 180 landing back in its spot and they dont even have any pokemon knowing electric moves?

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
I'm wondering why they gave Torterra LEaf Storm right away. I would've had it learn Earthquake right away. That would've been interesting. But, that wouldn't really have helped on top of a flying lighthouse, though....

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I'm not going to lie, I actually enjoyed it. Though basically what everyone pointed out the flaws of physics and science, I obviosuly noticed them but not going to repeat it again, but I still liked it.

And I do agree with Poke Master 7, Team Rocket were a lot more intellegent for the most part of the episode. And they probably obviously knew that Ash and Volkner are going to use their electric Pokemon. It was smart to power up their rocket. But it was true towards the end with the power of Luxray, Raichu, and Pikachu, they barely made it back in the city in one piece.

Brock made me laugh when Nurse Joy gave him energy to keep going.

And Grotle evolving, it was expected. I wasn't too bothered that it learned Leaf Storm. Probably in the next few episodes, I think Toterra will learn something new.

But damn was the gym battle short, but from those 30 seconds I think, Luxray's power was no joke. I can't wait to see the full battle. I'm happy Ash is going to get his badge by beating the gym leader. I would of been upset if he got the badge saving the tower which almost everyone was saying at first. But I think maybe since they are fixing the gym, maybe Volkner could remodel the battlefield.

So I was amused, and since I love Raichu, I was happy enough. But now the wait begins...

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Wow great episode in my opinion. But not big fan of the evolution . Lol I mean I wanted to see Grotle evolve it just that the way he evolved was just like not right :S and didn't like it . Was a bit shocked on how they used the Law of physics in here but I really liked it . It was like a big Lolwut moment there . The Brock on that Bicycle scene was epic when Nurse joy gave him the Testosterone impulse strength to keep going faster on that bicycle .

gtab x3

I don't know why but i really am ticked off at Ash getting a Torterra, Why does he need like 2 evovled starters? I am also hating the fact that it knows Leaf Storm.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
One other thing I'd love to know. Torterra weighs 683.5 lbs, and I'm pretty sure Ash and Volkner don't weigh more than 150 lbs so if the decompression was enough that even Torterra was inching forward, how was Volkner able to stand up in the cockpit perfectly fine with only his hair and jacket blowing and not get ripped out of the hole before he activated the cover?

RickHoenn

Banned
Ash's team is amazing now! :D

oh well the gym postponed this will remain as the longest gap between gyms ever, almost 50 episodes, yeah the writers have to stretch out...

overall a pretty good episode.

RickHoenn

Banned
Ash's team is amazing now! :D

oh well the gym postponed this will remain as the longest gap between gyms ever, almost 50 episodes, yeah the writers have to stretch out...

overall a pretty good episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know why but i really am ticked off at Ash getting a Torterra, Why does he need like 2 evovled starters? I am also hating the fact that it knows Leaf Storm.

Well, it was the writer's choice so most likely they have something planned with it.

The thing I didn't like about this episode was how similar it was to the whole Togepi-Rocket episode. I mean the story is almost identical except for a few parts like the evolution. The whole scenes where Volkner tries to land the Tower felt almost like I was watching James trying to land the rocket in that other episode. Seems like the writers like recycling ideas.

uber gon

Accept Change
Exactly. This postponement means time for team development. By the time the real match rolls around, Infernape is likely to have a strong new attack, and Torterra might even learn a ground-type move.

Hopefully we'll get to see Infernape learn Blast Burn and Torterra learn Earthquake.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^Earth Power, Earthquake isn't coming back into the anime, how many times must that be stressed?

In any case speaking of Torterra I must admit i kinda like how it's voice sounded abit lighter than Paul's Torterra which means it will be easy to tell them apart if they ever confront each other.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-At last, Ash will get his finale Shinou badge!
-Apparently they show gym battles on TV?
-And the lights go out, and the TV turns off, and the moveable sidewalks stop moving. But surely it can't be a power outage, since Volkner plastered solar panels on every building in the city.
-Today's Croagunk Stabbing Rating:6/10. Not quite enough raw pain, but we have things to do so that'll be excused...for now.
-Something's wrong with the tower, apparently?
-Hi there, needlessly CGI tire!
-And TR just drives the tower away. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the dumbest and the most effective ideas.
-And now for a crazy...James?!...Boss Fantasy.
-But wait! Meowth takes over, and...the Boss strips naked the instant Meowth starts talking. Bahahahahaha.
-Now TR's planning on using the tower as a rocket?!
-Everyone's climbing up the tower as it takes off...except Flint, who falls to his death. Haha!
-Ash is falling to his death too! Well, that's what you get for being distracted by other people falling to their death, I guess.
-After the commerical break, Volkner saves Ash from a grisly death at sea.
-Flint's not dead. Aww.
-Blah blah THE POKEMON CENTER IS IN TROUBLE blah. I think I've only seen this 400 times by now.
-Flint's going to power the entire Pokemon center by riding a stationary bicycle. Or something like that, I'm not really paying attention.
-Brock tries to help out for once, but he just doesn't have the stamina. Now we all know why he can't get any girls.
-Ash and Volkner get trapped in a cage, but Ash has Gible help!...by using rock smash or brick break or something. I'm somehow disappointed that it didn't just eat the cage.
-Gible's eating TR's control center now, so I guess it balances out.
-Blah blah TR fight blah.
-Ash finishes things off with Grot...wait a minute, not quite.
-Then, for no apparent reason, Grotle evolves!
-Hard to beleive that big hulking "DAE!"-saying thing used to be a little turtle going "nae~", eh?
-Blah blah day is saved blah blah gym battle postponed blah it's blatently obvious I wasn't really paying attention to this episode blah.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Meh this episode was boring, they managed to make Flint invisible. I'm glad Grotle evolved, however it was so mmm spontaneous like "oh well lets get done with this already", and POOF it was a Torterra in no time.

I don't really like that they won't have the battle :/ why would they do that? At least the GF is next.

Juputoru said:
-Brock tries to help out for once, but he just doesn't have the stamina. Now we all know why he can't get any girls.

Hahaha well at least he got "inspired" at the sight of Joy no?

Brock should be worried about these Volkner's robots though, they might steal his favorite job of being a judge in the future.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
You know, with this episode, you gotta wonder exactly what kind of architect designed that place to put wheels on the tower to begin with. I mean sure no one was expecting someone to hijack the tower (who in their right mind would?) but still that can't be a very practical idea no matter what you were under the influence of at the time.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Meh this episode was boring, they managed to make Flint invisible. I'm glad Grotle evolved, however it was so mmm spontaneous like "oh well lets get done with this already", and POOF it was a Torterra in no time.

I don't really like that they won't have the battle :/ why would they do that? At least the GF is next..

Well I don't think this episode was boring, I enjoyed to watch it, although Ash didn't earn the badge.
I think the battle between Grotle and Luxray could have been awesome if it was continue, and maybe Grotle was evoling during this battle. And except the battle I liked how Grotle saved Pikachu and Raichu against TR.

HoennMaster

Wow, Grotle's evolution looked amazing. Different from most evolutions. Is it just me or does Torterra look a little lighter then other Torterras?

I've only seen part of it but it actually looks like a good episode. Glad to see Ash with another fully evolved Pokémon.