• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Forest Champion (838)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Heading towards Shalour City, Ash & Co. encounter an Ursaring bullying various other Pokémon in a forest. However, as they go to stop it, a Hawlucha comes out of nowhere to defend the other Pokémon. Ash is impressed by the Hawlucha's attitude in using cool moves with the intent of making the battle look good, so decides to help it train to perfect the move, Flying Press. However, during training, some Pokémon attack them...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. walking along a path to Shalour City.

Dedenne then notices something.

An Ursaring is stealing some Pokemon food from a Pachirisu, Sentret and Patrat.

Ash and co. then hear the commotion and go to check what is going on.

A bird like Pokemon then jumps in the air above them and impresses Ash.

Ash uses his Pokedex on it and finds out that it is a Hawlucha.

Bonnie and Clemont are also excited to see one.

Some Spanish/Mexican soundtrack is playing in the background.

Hawlucha then flies down to attack the Ursaring.

Hawlucha keeps attacking Ursaring until Ursaring falls over.

After that, Hawlucha goes for a finishing move, Flying Press, which according to a nearby photographer, it hasn't protected (I think).

Ursaring then picks up a boulder and tries to smash Hawlucha with it, but Ash steps in.

Ursaring continies to attack, but Pikachu uses Iron Tail to cut through the boulder and smash Ursaring's head.

Ash helps the Hawlucha up.

Ash and co. then go to the photographer's cabin, along with the photographer and the man tells them about Hawlucha.

At some rocky mountain, Ursaring is talking to a Conkeldurr and then they go and see a Machamp.

They tell the Machamp about Hawlucha.

Ash finds Hawlucha at a waterfall and he offers to help Hawlucha with perfecting the move, Flying Press.

The others watch as Ash helps to train Hawlucha.

Ash tries to get Hawlucha to jump off of the top of the waterfall and land on the broken tree at the bottom of the waterfall, on a rocky surface.

Serena then notices something.

Ursaring, Conkeldurr and Machamp come out of the woods and they have their eyes set on Hawlucha.

Dare Da? Hawlucha.

The photographer tells Ash and co. that Machamp used to help out around the area and then Hawlucha came around and attacked Machamp (I'm not sure if that's right).

Hawlucha and Machamp start to battle, but Hawlucha's attack's are apparenly not affecting Machamp.

Ursaring and Conkeldurr then come and attack Hawlucha.

Machamp then knocks Ursaring and Conkeldurr out and drags them off, before giving Hawlucha a thumbs up.

Ash then resumes Hawlucha's training.

Ash brings out Froakie to battle Hawlucha.

Froakie uses Water Pulse, but Hawlucha dodges.

Froakie then uses Double Team and then Bubble.

Ash has a talk to Hawlucha and then Machamp calls out to Hawlucha from atop the waterfall.

Ash throws a Pokeball at Hawlucha and captures it.

Ash does a pose with Pikachu and Froakie afterwards.

To be continued.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
The dear people of Serebii already posted a link to Ash's bio page announcing his new capture. But the episode haven't aired yet! (Y)

because it is so obvious that hawlucha is ash's pokemon to begin with

The music for Hawlucha is just amazing~

Whaat! That Usaring just tried to smash Hawlucha with a rock. @W@ Brutal.

Last edited:

Inferno792

Food Wars
Ash was just smashed by Hawlucha.
I think they were trying to improve on Hawlucha's aim.

The Machamp actually turned out to be a kind Pokemon and it's like the elder of the forest. I wonder who's the other guy though.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The Machamp actually turned out to be a kind Pokemon and it's like the elder of the forest.

Actually that Machamp was the previous champion of the forest and helped a lot of Pokemons. But he was defeated by Hawlucha and gave his position to it (though i think he retook the position at the end of today's episode).

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
watched the episode this is what i get for now

machamp and hawlucha are actually buddies but machamp betrayed hawlucha for some reason which i can't really explain since i'm not really good at interpreting but it probably must have to do with hawlucha.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ash then resumes Hawlucha's training.

Ash brings out Froakie to battle Hawlucha.

Froakie uses Water Pulse, but Hawlucha dodges.

Froakie then uses Double Team and then Bubble.

Ash has a talk to Hawlucha and then Machamp calls out to Hawlucha from atop the waterfall.

Ash throws a Pokeball at Hawlucha and captures it.

Ash does a pose with Pikachu and Froakie afterwards.
Well, I can personally see this as a happy medium between Ash catching a pokémon by either battling it or befriending it. It kind of reminds me of when he caught Krokorok, or a reverse version of when he caught Snorunt

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Well he are again in another exciting episode of XY. After the dragged on arc I was expecting more from this episode because I actually care what happens to them, and boy it did not disappoint.

The subplot was goddamn brilliant, like a cliche wrestling story. Machamp was once the protector of the forest but got beaten by Hawlucha. The washed up Pokemon then retires into a cave and trains himself. Present day we have basically the Pokemon nWo, between Ursaring and Conkeldurr, terrorizing the forest, and though Hawlucha tries his best he can't always stay them off. Indeed, he can't even perform Flying Press correctly. This leads to Ash helping Hawlucha train, though even then it still doesn't take, though Ash apparently gives one piece of advice I think, leaf-related.

Meanwhile, the heel duumvirate, visits Machamp where all Pokemon retires, Florida, I mean, a cave. They asks him to join their posse. Now with their heel Triumvirate in place they go challenge Hawlucha is just fresh off his incomplete training. Their entrance is no less than an homage, to me, to wrestling entrances.

They fight, and...BAW GOD KING where's the REF! This is brutal, these three are ganging up on Hawlucha! This is the worse show of sportsmanship in the history of this federation.. oh wait, what's this? BAW GOD MACHAMP KNOCKED THEM OUT, MACHAMP KNOCKED THEM OUT.

So apparently, Machamp is still a protector of the forest and takes the two away after knocking them out. With a side glance to Hawlucha, Machamp still has honor.

Ash, impressed by this, challenges Hawlucha in order to capture him. Didn't really see much but Froakie used Double Team. Anyway, while battling, Hawlucha recalls Ash's words and is able to finally learn Flying Press. Seeing this, Ash calls for Froakie to use Pound (I think), knocking them both out. This is likely the cause of their later rivalry. In the end, Hawlucha tags along with Ash after Machamp from afar, with a knowing glance, shows that he will protect the forest in his stead, ending with a fistbump to a Pokeball, allowing him to capture him.

Goddamn great episode. It was a slobberknocker.

Little Hero

Didn't see the episode, but from the descriptions it sounds epic and cool.

(Question, I read that someone mentioned they put a sort of Mexican melody of sorts? Is that true...? *gasp* Is that you, Mirror B.?)

But joking aside, I can image this being a luchador match winner takes all; perhaps Hawlucha took off Machamp's mask and that's why it retire. I mean, Hawlucha, in the preview, had a mask made of leaves.

(In Luchador matches, for those of you not familiar, the mask for some fighters is the most important thing for them. They lose it, they lose the fight. One famous fighter did not reveal his face for many years, until he was practically on his deathbed).

nuzamaki90

I didn't get to see most of the battle between Froakie and Hawlucha because the damn stream but from what I saw it was pretty hype. I'm glad it ended in a tie, a nice start off to their future rivalry. I just wish Ash would teach Froakie something to replace Pound. Jesus he went the entire Hoenn saga with Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile knowing Pound.

Hawlucha really redeemed itself for me. I didn't initially like the fact that it was going to Ash but wow it looked amazing in battle and really impressed me. Flying Press looked great when it was finally perfected and it's always great to see Ash stand up for a Pokemon in need.

But the real GOAT factor of this episode was Hulk Hogan...I mean Machamp. Being rivals with Rey Mysterio...I mean Hawlucha was great and it knocking out Ursaring and Conkeldurr when they ruined its fight with Hawlucha was amazing. Serving them both a nice double handed fist of JUSTICE.

8/10 episode for me, the animation could have been better.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I didn't get to see most of the battle between Froakie and Hawlucha because the damn stream but from what I saw it was pretty hype. I'm glad it ended in a tie, a nice start off to their future rivalry. I just wish Ash would teach Froakie something to replace Pound. Jesus he went the entire Hoenn saga with Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile knowing Pound.

Hawlucha really redeemed itself for me. I didn't initially like the fact that it was going to Ash but wow it looked amazing in battle and really impressed me. Flying Press looked great when it was finally perfected and it's always great to see Ash stand up for a Pokemon in need.

But the real GOAT factor of this episode was Hulk Hogan...I mean Machamp. Being rivals with Rey Mysterio...I mean Hawlucha was great and it knocking out Ursaring and Conkeldurr when they ruined its fight with Hawlucha was amazing. Serving them both a nice double handed fist of JUSTICE.

8/10 episode for me, the animation could have been better.
His bound to replace Pound any time soon,most likely after he evolves into a Frogadier.They most likely kept Pound on Sceptile because Sceptile used it differently compared to other pokemon.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
This episode was sort of boring, the COTD too. Keromatsu surprisingly didn't land one hit on Luchabull and the battle only ended on a fluk thanks to Luchabull KOing itself and Keromatsu. Which is disappointing for me because I was expecting a much better battle with Keromatsu weakening Luchabull and it being caught by fundamental means in the same way Satoshi got Yayakoma, though I loved Double Teams look, the music at that Pound/Flying Press scene was amazing and the water terrain. Kind of a below average battle for a capture, both of my favorites looked awful in that finisher. Did Keromatsu need another loss? The animation and art was also subpar in this episode. Though there were some things I enjoyed, Luchabull's personality and Eureka running up to Ringuma to defend the wild Pokemon. Some of the music was good too, specifically Luchabull's intro music.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Loved the battle between Hawlucha and Froakie, but due to some streaming breaks, I missed both the reason why Machamp KO'd Ursaring and Conkeldurr, aside from interfering with the match I guess, and the ending of the Hawlucha/Froakie-battle. I guess I missed the part where we had learned that Machamp was actually a good guy from the start.

ANYWAY! TWO SPOTS LEFT ON ASH'S TEAM!

A grass-type and another full wildcard! :D

The animation and art was stunning this episode. They seem to be picking up their game. So much attention to Hawlucha's attacks. It was cool seeing Froakie in full action once again.

I still love Hawlucha's theme~ xP

MattySadler

Fantastic episode, I love Hawlucha already!

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was sort of boring, the COTD too. Keromatsu surprisingly didn't land one hit on Luchabull and the battle only ended on a fluk thanks to Luchabull KOing itself and Keromatsu. Which is disappointing for me because I was expecting a much better battle with Keromatsu weakening Luchabull and it being caught by fundamental means in the same way Satoshi got Yayakoma, though I loved Double Teams look, the music at that Pound/Flying Press scene was amazing and the water terrain. Kind of a below average battle for a capture, both of my favorites looked awful in that finisher. Did Keromatsu need another loss? The animation and art was also subpar in this episode. Though there were some things I enjoyed, Luchabull's personality and Eureka running up to Ringuma to defend the wild Pokemon. Some of the music was good too, specifically Luchabull's intro music.

Luchabull did take damage from it High Jump Kick after it miss so it was he undoing