• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Forest Champion (838)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Well i still wanted Ash with a Lucario but after today, Hawlucha might be alright plus its the first fighting type Ash has had since the good old Kanto days

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well i still wanted Ash with a Lucario but after today, Hawlucha might be alright plus its the first fighting type Ash has had since the good old Kanto days
Heracross, Infernape, Pignite, Scraggy

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

And scraggy is once again forgotten.

thetamale

A very good episode, I wasn't fond of the Korrina arc but this makes up for it. Hawlucha is one of my favourite gen 6 Pokemon so I'm quite pleased to have it in the main cast.

Janovy

Banned
It's kinda ridiculous how much I loved this episode after going through the pain of Korrina arc.

It was nice to have the focus back on the main characters and Hawlucha was infinitely more interesting than Lucario ever will be.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I don't know why i keep forgetting them.....
It's all good ;) I do think Hawlucha will be used as mainly a Fighting type for Ash's Kalso team while the other bird will be used as the Flying type.
I missed the dub pisode today, have they changed the XY theme or at least the graphics in it or no?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
No, they didn't. The opening is still Pokémon Theme (Version. XY).
An opening change probably won't occur until Season 18/next dub season.
I meant the actual graphics. Did they update it to include Hawlucha and the upcoming team change next episode.

Pokegirl0102

This was one of the best XY dub episodes to date especially after that Korrina arc, Hawlucha is one of my fave XY pokemon glad he is joining the team, am i the only one missing Fletchling i was hoping Ash was going to use it

This was a pretty good episode despite the fact that I initially had little expectations. Very cool to see Ash get a new pokemon.

Vipsoccermaster

Hmm, great episode! It's nice to see Hawlucha go with Ash now. And seeing how Hawlucha is no longer the Forest Champion, it seems that Machamp will go back to its old ways.

-chazz-

Pokemon master
I enjoyed that episode and thought it was a decent debut for Hawlucha. As for Hawlucha itself i'm quite surprised as i thought it would be the team member i'd end up hating but i actually like it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It was so nice to watch an episode without hearing Lisa's disastrous voice acting.. and on top of that, I really enjoyed Hawlucha's dub voice!

A very enjoyable episode indeed and despite never really liking the species in-game, the anime has definitely made me a Hawlucha fan..

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was great.

It didn't take long into the episode to realise that Ash and Hawlucha had struck a cord with each other and there was a connection between them. It is of no surprise as both like to do things the proper and honourable way and do what is right. My only qualm about the episode is the intervention of Ursaring and Conkeldurr, it seemed very unnecessary and quite frankly a bit pointless.

Also, I'm glad Ash picked Froakie for the final battle. It sat really well with me and Flying Press at the end was really impressive in my view. On top of all that, Ash caught Hawlucha! I think this could be the start of something very good for Ash and I can't wait too see how Ash utilises Hawlucha in battle.

Good episode, onto the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I didn't have too many complaints about this episode. Hawlucha sounds just like I expected, and I'm okay with that. Plus, having him on Ash's team is a huge plus! I'm far beyond caring about Ash having a Lucario, since they're painfully played out. We haven't seen much of Hawlucha yet, and I'm already dying to see more from him.

While were on the topic of Ash, I like how hes portrayed in XY. A huge progression from BW, and on par with DP. Sarah's been voicing him for nearly as long as Veronica, and I like both of their portrayals. Nostalgia can't always win, and it doesn't mean Veronica is a bad voice actor, no way! Sarah has her good moments as well, and when you look at how far shes come in her own light. I mean, she had to meet the bar that Veronica rasied, and shes still voicing Ash since 2006.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was a great episode. Ash and Hawlucha really are perfect for each other. I'm looking forward to see what happens to them in the future

I have to say, Hawlucha is one of the last Pokemon I would have expected Ash to capture.
Not in a 'it doesn't suit at all, so he should not have caught it because of that!' way, though.