• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~~The Forgotten Pokemon~~

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
There are 493 Pokemon in this world. They are all special, but some Pokemon are forgotten. Here are the Pokemon:

;136; ;335; ;302; ;284; ;319; ;154; ;115; ;036; ;076; ;210; ;336; ;182;
;357; ;162; ;181; ;317; ;122; ;141; ;073; ;237; ;327; ;199; ;342; ;226;
;303; ;367; ;206; ;139; ;234; ;340; ;295; ;369;

Yes, that is alot. But why dont we even think or consider them. 3\4 of them are good. I asked 3 Serebii members if they knew what Dunsparce was, and only 1 of them knew what it was.

So why dont we think of these Pokemon?

Lets see, in order from left to right, descending;

No, yes, no, IDK, IDK, yes, IDK, yes, yes, IDK, no, yes
Yes, IDK, yes, no, yes, IDK, no, IDK, no, IDK, no, no
No, no, IDK, IDK, no, no, yes, IDK.

For those that IDK about, its because I have never used them.

Maes

I actually see several of those on random PBR battles with japanese players. They are especially annoying if you don't recall them since you don't know types, abilities, what to expect.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
who there, you might wanna do more research before you post a whole bunch of pokemon as "forgotten". I'm vastly interested in the doubles metagame, here's some that stand out to me in doubles:

Flareon: seen a few using the flash fire+ lava plume combo with heatran
Celfable: follow me. 'nuff said
Bellossom: sunny day+ gastro acid allows support for both Regigigas/Salking and sunny day teams
Hitmontop: Intimdate + Fake out

Under trick room/rain dance/ sunny day many of those pokemon find nice roles
Several of them also find cleric roles

Singles:
Sharpedo: ever heard of Rhys29's sharpedophile set? I've tried it, works wonders
Tentacruel: OU

You see, people on smogon and sometimes here even underestimate NU pokemon (provided that it isn't the NU environment we're talking here), that can work wonders if played correctly. Youtube, I've seen Sabelye and Mawhile paired together demolishing a Dialga and Giratina! Every pokemon has its talents.

who there, you might wanna do more research before you post a whole bunch of pokemon as "forgotten". I'm vastly interested in the doubles metagame, here's some that stand out to me in doubles:

Flareon: seen a few using the flash fire+ lava plume combo with heatran
Celfable: follow me. 'nuff said
Bellossom: sunny day+ gastro acid allows support for both Regigigas/Salking and sunny day teams
Hitmontop: Intimdate + Fake out

Under trick room/rain dance/ sunny day many of those pokemon find nice roles
Several of them also find cleric roles

Singles:
Sharpedo: ever heard of Rhys29's sharpedophile set? I've tried it, works wonders
Tentacruel: OU

You see, people on smogon and sometimes here even underestimate NU pokemon (provided that it isn't the NU environment we're talking here), that can work wonders if played correctly. Youtube, I've seen Sabelye and Mawhile paired together demolishing a Dialga and Giratina! Every pokemon has its talents.

I'd like to add to your Hitmontop suggestion in a different way...

Hitmontop + Technician + a set with Bulk Up and alll Priority moves (Mach/Bullet/Sucker Punch). I have one that I use in singles OU and it does just as well as Scizor does, and always attacks first. (I use this against those people that complain about spamming Bullet Punch Scizor) There's no way I could ever forget a Poke like this!

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I'd like to add to your Hitmontop suggestion in a different way...

Hitmontop + Technician + a set with Bulk Up and alll Priority moves (Mach/Bullet/Sucker Punch). I have one that I use in singles OU and it does just as well as Scizor does, and always attacks first. (I use this against those people that complain about spamming Bullet Punch Scizor) There's no way I could ever forget a Poke like this!

There you go, a Pokemon definitely isn't forgotten when there is more than one potent way of using it.

Paj Meen Ah

In For The Kill
I never forget Tentacruel, it's one of the generic/common water Pokemon in all the games.

A lot of the 3rd gen ones I forget, having never fully played a 3rd gen game.

I totally forgot Shellder-Cloyster existed the other day. :( And yeah, Bellossom is always forgotten about, despite being 2/3 Super Smash Bros games!

Mercury Lamp

And there was snow..
Sharpedo its awsome, it has great attack and speed stats and a usefull movepool..Maybe it has a lot of weaknes but i think it can work well on competitive battling..There're more forgotten pokemon like Minun, Magnetric, electrode,ledian, omastar,ariados, sunflora ,qwilfish, delibird...

Lucario625

There are 493 Pokemon in this world. They are all special, but some Pokemon are forgotten. Here are the Pokemon:

;136; ;335; ;302; ;284; ;319; ;154; ;115; ;036; ;076; ;210; ;336; ;182;
;357; ;162; ;181; ;317; ;122; ;141; ;073; ;237; ;327; ;199; ;342; ;226;
;303; ;367; ;206; ;139; ;234; ;340; ;295; ;369;

Yes, that is alot. But why dont we even think or consider them. 3\4 of them are good. I asked 3 Serebii members if they knew what Dunsparce was, and only 1 of them knew what it was.

So why dont we think of these Pokemon?

I've spent almost five years memorizing my pokemon pokedex books/pokemon video games, and some of those pokemon are underused. However, my friends and I have all trained most of those pkmn, so maybe the trainers in the games just tend not to use them.

M.S. Grimm

Berry Apprentice
I got love for Ampharos. Hitmontop's name in the German versions is Kapoera which is based off of the name of a martial arts i wanted to learn. Whiscash and Golem are part of Bertha's Team. I used to run a Omastar on Smogon. I see a Stantler in the Battle Tower first couple of rounds like all the time. I do agree that there are pokemon that don't recieve a lot of mention, ad the difficulty in putting a list like that together is that it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Politoad anyone?

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Politoad anyone?
Politoad is, believe it or not, a frequently used Pokemon in doubles because it is one of the few pokemon with the damp ability, which serves as a reliable check on the huge amounts of explosion teams you see in that environment.

klubkj

farfetch'd isn't just awesome its strong especially in red.

but relicanth is always forgotten.

and i dont think golem is forgotten much.

Pokefan7

Shiny Trainer
i don't think that maganium is an forgotten pokemon, i really like it

coolespeon

I dont know.
I have used half of them in my them at least once!!! and mantine is a member of my rain dance team.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
Of those I like Flareon and Furret the rest not so much need evolutions so they don't look that useless

SladeJT

From how other people would react when I said I captured all of the Unown, I'd say that they were forgotten.