• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fortune Hunters! (159)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Fortune Hunters!

Almost At Goldenrod, Ash & Co. come across a Breeding Centre which is giving away Pokémon Fortune books that tell everyone their fortunes by their Pokémon sign. However things dont quite fit right for Misty and she goes to investigate...what will she find?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Say hello to the greatest Johto episode that is not towards the end of Master Quest.
This is the ONLY episode ever in the show, I can remember actually laughing out loud too, others have got a chuckle or something, but this one had me rolling. I like James just for this episode actually, that is how great his performance was.

M

Mistystar89

This was one of my favorite Johto episodes since Misty's reactions to being a Gyarodos was so funny XD James acting as a Moltres was super funny too XDD I wonder what Misty's real pokemon personality is...

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
The third appearance of Butch and Cassidy, and this pretty much cemented their cult following among the fans, I think. It's a shame they never released this episode on DVD.

Am I the only one who was bothered by the fact that Giovanni was hidden in the shadows in this episode? I mean, we already knew who he is, and he'd been seen out of the shadows a few times before. Probably just slipped the animators' minds (like Krabby showing up in Oak's lab a few episodes later).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This is one of my favorite episodes, and it's too bad that it hasn't been put out on tape/DVD. Seeing James go on a major ego trip is a delight to watch, and it was fun seeing Butch and Cassidy again. I also really loved the parts with Misty steamed that she was a gyarados type, and everyone agreed with it. :D This episode also has one of my all-time favorite lines:

Butch (on James in his Moltres costume): I knew he was a loony bird, but this is ridiculous.

Chris

Old Coot
The fact that Kojirou ran around in a Moltres outfit without knowing the whole thing was a scam was really hilarious. XD

My only beef with this episode? The dub. The return of Butch "Chain Smoker Voice" and Eric Stuart made James sound REALLY annoying because of the way he makes his voice. >_o James was supposed to sound overconfident, not LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS. T__T;

xsweet_peax

+kiss of an angel+
LOL. A great Misty episode. It showed her anger well XD. I give it a 10/10 cause Misty was just so cool!

this is funniest episode in the Jotho Series. I remebered I recored this show a couple for years back and I don;t know what James' true Pokemon sign is. I will find out for myself!

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
I love this epy! the best one in jhoto! it made me laugh so hard >w<!!! i think i record this.. i hope i did ^_^ James being so annoying, love it >_^

Heracross

Custom User Title
"FAIYAA KOJIROU!" XD

Heheh, I loved this episode. The ones centered around Kojirou are always great. It was hilarious to see him acting so dramatic and confident, especially wearing that ridiculous Fire outfit.

And it's always nice to see Yamato and Kosaburo. This was before the Housous made them into bumbling idiots too. Poor Koji was actually doing well against them before they told him the whole thing was just a scam. XD

Soonansu was pretty cool in this ep too. Makes me wish Musashi would actually use him in battle more often.

One of the greatest episodes in Johto, this one is particuarly interesting with the fortunes and everything :D

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
Heh. This was the episode that had Fire Kojirou/Moltres James. Funny.

Another Pokemon Center Rip-Off/Scheme, how original!

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
lol what do u think the final real pokemon fortunes were

i say
ash-pikachu
brock-chancey (nurse joy lover)
misty-gyrados

Battra

I'd say one of the best Johto episode ever, and it was very hilarious. Gyarados definetly fits Misty's personality. James "The Mighty Moltres" wow just wow that was funny especially seeing him dress up like Moltres and actually having them hoist him on a crane rofl. I wonder what their real types were to bad the episode ended before we had a chance to find out, my guess is this.

Ash: Pikachu
Brock: Pineco
Misty: Gyarados
James: Victreebel
Jessie: Wobbuffet

Leona

YOU JELLY?
ah, my most favourite episode of this season, I just found it funny how James tried to act like a master and how he got Victreebel to control itself for once :p

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
This episode was hilarious. I laughed hard at the fact that James thought he was the mighty Moltres and the designated leader of Team Rocket. It actually worked for him as he got his Victreebel to obey him. I also liked how Misty's fortune was Gyrados, and everyone but her agreed with it. It was also good to see Butch and Cassidy again.