• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Sawsbuck: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, All Present!!

On their way to Driftveil City, Ash & Co. encounter a photographer who wishes to create a photograph so rare and legendary; one featuring all four Sawsbuck forms in one photograph which only happens in a certain area. Ash decides to help the photographer in his quest, but things get tricky when the wild Pokémon start acting strange

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yes, the episode starts off with the trio in the Pokemon center.

Aaw, Ash scratching Pikachu is cute. I'm glad Ash is being friendly with Pikachu, it's nice.

Pikachu posing was cute too.

With the photos.

We saw, Bidoof, Munna, Staravia and Lickylicky as well, I think.

Now, the song emotion is playing.

Yep, they're off to find the Wizard, I mean the Sawsbuck.

Swoobat's voice is cute.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Man it would be great to know what they're saying, no sound, my speakers finally died.
This guy basically is Unova's version of Todd.
Does this mean Snap 2 is on the way, no telling yet.
Ash you already used the pokedex on Swoobat already!
Summer Deerling!!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I know right.. Why Ash does that baffles me..

Yay, started again, they found the flowers :)

Amoongus tries to Pikachu, but ToddRobert saves him... And scolds Pikachu!

Summer Deerling is back! :D

playerking

And that move was not Heart Stamp, judging by what it did. Don't know what it was though.

Now, Robert and Ash found the area where that Summer Deerling photo was taken.

Ash and Robert are at a campsite. I wonder where Iris and Cilan are though.

That Deerling licked Ash! I know most of you don't care, but for me that was down right cute.

And now...Robert is sick.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Robert got paralyzed!!!

playerking

And now, they found the spot where all the Sawsbuck are gathered. Unfortunately, Robert is still sick and can't see.

Oh wait, Robert is well again, because of...something.

Robert's crying and the music is almost making me cry too. DARN YOU!

Aaw, poor Robert, you can hardly see the Sawsbuck.

Filler, but nice filler.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Well this friends is what we call a filler.
Oh look the DVD for newest pokemon movie is out the 16th of December.
Hopefully we get next movie news, FINALLY!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I liked the story overall, fun filler, not something I want to watch agian 300 times(going to watch the sub version and that it xD) but it was fun and not boring.

dman_dustin

I didn't realize that it was SO HARD to actually use Pokemon. What is this BS of creating episodes that don't include any of the group's Pokemon? Are they really THAT LAZY?

I can't say I liked it because just like Burmy, the Deerling get screwed over. Don't think we'll see Autumn or Winter Deerling.

And ignoring the idiotic usage of Swadloon (come on writers, Sewaddle would've made far more sense), the episode was passable. I personally don't like this episode, but I'm not going to be say it was a horrible episode.

The episode would've benefited more if the group's Pokemon were involved. I wish the writers would stop being so damn lazy that instead of actually putting in the work to create an episode revolving around the Pokemon, they just focus on a Pokemon that didn't really need all that focus. It was nice focus, better than Wormadam but in the end they didn't have to do it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lol Iw as expecting that from you dman...

How would he benefit? the pokemons weren't needed at all in this episode.

He could have used someone to kick those jerks mushrooms asses but plot wise NO pokemon was needed, unless Oshawott pooped out of the pokeball to look at the Sawsbucks I seriously wasn't expecting anything to be used as the episode was going.

I was expecting Tranquill to scout but Roberto actually had a flying pokemon to scout which makes sense for him to have one.

Again I would love to see the pokemons appearing but in this episode they really weren't needed, doesn't have anything to do with lazyness they weren't needed to the plot.

On another note, I think the Deerlings will appear during the entire anime region, they just changed to Summer ones, I think the Autumn and Winter ones will appear through the region.

Aegon

So all Sawsbuck forms didn't appear? Well, that's disappointing. I had hoped we'd get at least that from this episode.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
They did appear lol all of them.

Deerlings were the ones that didn't, only the summer one appeared but like I said I think that will be showcased in the entire region.

dman_dustin

the pokemons weren't needed at all in this episode.

You are aware that such an argument only works after the episode has aired.

You cannot expect to buy that when this episode was created they simply thought "No one is needed." They wrote the episode lazily so "no one was needed"

People stop defending the writers, after the fact. The simple other fact is they could've written the episode differently so that Ash could use his Pokemon. It could be as simple as a big Pokemon being violent and Ash uses his Pokemon. It wouldn't take more that 30 seconds.

Or instead of having some stupid subplot of Robert being poisoned. Ash could've saved Deerling with one of his Pokemon, something happens, and Ash and Robert woke up to the Sawsbuck, in a similar fashion to what happened in this episode.

Or instead of a stupid opening with Ash trying to tickle Pikachu to death (I don't care how cute it was), Ash could've been battling some non important background character with one of his Pokemon (not Pikachu) when Robert takes pictures of Pikachu ending the battle because its too distracting.

There are many ways this episode could've been written to allow the usage of Pokemon.

The only acceptable excuse however is Iris and Cilan, since they were barely in the episode, their Pokemon weren't necessary.

Aegon

They did appear lol all of them.

Deerlings were the ones that didn't, only the summer one appeared but like I said I think that will be showcased in the entire region.
Oh, I see. There's still plenty of time for Autumn and Winter Deerling to appear, anyway.

Was an explanation given for how all forms of Sawsbuck could be present at the same time?

dman_dustin

Was an explanation given for how all forms of Sawsbuck could be present at the same time?

No. Even though I don't know Japanese, that answer was quite obvious. And since Cilan and Iris were less than impressed with the photo, I kind of doubt it was mentioned there.

All anyone really ever did was just drool over them. Ash was the only one who really saw them. Robert barely got to see them, since when he woke up, moments after they walked away.

My best guess is the fog, plus some sort of time manipulation plus the location made it possible. After all according to someone who knows Japanese, said that Cilan/Iris told Ash and Robert they were only gone for 10 minutes (or something) when to them it was a lot longer.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
You are aware that such an argument only works after the episode has aired.

You cannot expect to buy that when this episode was created they simply thought "No one is needed." They wrote the episode lazily so "no one was needed"

People stop defending the writers, after the fact. The simple other fact is they could've written the episode differently so that Ash could use his Pokemon. It could be as simple as a big Pokemon being violent and Ash uses his Pokemon. It wouldn't take more that 30 seconds.

Or instead of having some stupid subplot of Robert being poisoned. Ash could've saved Deerling with one of his Pokemon, something happens, and Ash and Robert woke up to the Sawsbuck, in a similar fashion to what happened in this episode.

Or instead of a stupid opening with Ash trying to tickle Pikachu to death (I don't care how cute it was), Ash could've been battling some non important background character with one of his Pokemon (not Pikachu) when Robert takes pictures of Pikachu ending the battle because its too distracting.

There are many ways this episode could've been written to allow the usage of Pokemon.

The only acceptable excuse however is Iris and Cilan, since they were barely in the episode, their Pokemon weren't necessary.
Having a big Pokemon appear and Ash need to use his other Pokémon is what would be lazy writing. We call it "shoehorning"

dman_dustin

Having a big Pokemon appear and Ash need to use his other Pokémon is what would be lazy writing. We call it "shoehorning"

What's the point in Ash having Pokemon if he doesn't use them. Right now I don't care about Ash's older gen Pokemon, I'm talking about his Unova Pokemon.

And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be lazy at all to have some threatening Pokemon appear and Ash having to use his Pokemon. Because if we consider the animators into this, doing more work, is hardly what I call lazy.

And on the subject of "shoehorning" well sadly Robert getting poisoned by Amoongus fits that bill because even though it led to the 4 forms of Sawsbuck, it prevented Robert from taking a good photo of the four forms.

It would've been no different had Robert been poisoned or if an errant attack knocked him unconscious. It still would've led to the same result. The difference being Ash actually uses a Pokemon. I don't call that lazy or shoehorning. What I call lazy is writing so that Ash doesn't use his Pokemon.

@ SpeedSuicune
It aired at 19:00 in Japan. JST is nine hours ahead of GMT, so that's 10:00 our time.
To be fair to Elice, the episode did air a minute earlier, well possibly, I mean it did air when it was supposed be 6:59 PM there, but I don't know how accurate it was, and I don't quite remember when the other episodes aired, I think it was on the nose at 7:00 PM or a little after. But tonight imagine my surprise when at 6:59 it just comes on suddenly.