• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just because they have something does not mean that they have to shoehorn them in where they don't fit. That is not good writing at all.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Okay, only one question: Did Ash mention the past gen pokemon by seeing the photos or no?

dman_dustin

Just because they have something does not mean that they have to shoehorn them in where they don't fit. That is not good writing at all.

How is it bad writing for Ash to actually use his Pokemon and they get some focus, no matter how small that focus is?

Why are people okay with Ash not using his Pokemon. Again 16 episodes and the only Swadloon we see are some random girl's Swadloon, or wild Swadloon. How is that good writing?

How is it good writing that Ash constantly uses the starters where his other Pokemon get screwed over?

As far as I can tell, it's only bad writing when they "shoehorn" a Pokemon and shove it down our throat where it doesn't do anything. However we can't say that about Tranquill, Swadloon, Scraggy, Palpitoad, Roggenrola because we barely see them.

And how is using your Pokemon in a life threatening situation considered shoehorning or even bad writing?

How is using any Pokemon that hardly shows up bad writing anyway?

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
@dman,

If you don't like it then why are you still here arguing with people. Some people actually enjoyed the episode. If you don't like it then there is no need for you to have a b!tch fit about it. Just move on. And if you sit there and cry about how every episode isn't action packed, don't watch pokemon anymore. Simple as that

kthxbai

On a better note episode looks good, winter sawsbuck looks cool

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Did the episode air earlier? Focking hell!

It aired normal, time, which for me, is about 8:34/35.

Anyway, who the hell cares if Ash's Pokemon weren't used. Question, do Ash's Pokemon, besides Pikachu, need to be shown/battle in every single episode. And even when some do, there are still complaints.

I feel as if we can't ever win. *Sighs*

Anyway, this was just an episode based around Ash and Robert trying to find the Sawsbuck place and it was also sort of focused on that Summer Deerling. Besides Tranquill, I don't think any of the Pokemon should have been used. Anyway, like I said, it was a nice episode in my opinion.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This episode was amazing. Would have been better if they'd shown Dento and Iris more though, nya~

I swear...I think the Amoongus toxins made them hallucinate at the end. That explains everything.

Aegon

*put back the clocks last weekend*

Okay, now I'm confused. Will I just get up at ten every other Thursday?
Yes. Japan doesn't have summer and winter time, so now (as of last weekend) we're nine hours behind, instead of eight.

Aesir

Breeder
Oh, I see. There's still plenty of time for Autumn and Winter Deerling to appear, anyway.

Was an explanation given for how all forms of Sawsbuck could be present at the same time?

Because one evolved in Winter, one in Summer and so on, I'd expect that the Anime will have it so that Deerling change colour during the seasons but Sawsbuck don't (ie they just stick with how they looked when they evolved)

gliscor&yanmega

Only seen pictures so far. But it looks like an enjoyable episode.

Nice to see past Pokemon even if they are only photos, better then nothing.

Looks like Cilan is doing his thing in the episode, what with the fancy backgrounds, and expression of "I'm better then you", and Iris being annoyed. Can't wait for that scene.

The character of the day seems pretty cool.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Swoobat is painful to look at and I hope I will never hear it's barbaric battle cry again.

WHY DOES IT EXIST, WHY DID SUGUMORI CREATE SUCH AN ABOMINATION?

dman_dustin

@dman,

If you don't like it then why are you still here arguing with people. Some people actually enjoyed the episode. If you don't like it then there is no need for you to have a b!tch fit about it. Just move on. And if you sit there and cry about how every episode isn't action packed, don't watch pokemon anymore. Simple as that

kthxbai

I have a better idea, people can just leave me alone instead of acting like a jerk to me (and trust me I'm sugar-coating it when I say that).

And who said I wanted it to be action packed. All I want is fairness to Ash's other Pokemon.

You know I hope we never actually do see Swadloon ever again, because when 6th gen rolls around and Ash's Unova are dumped as usual, at least I'll be right then. And I expect to see apologies then.

Honestly people it's very simple; I don't care that you hate Ash's Pokemon it's obvious, if you're just going to be jerks instead of discussing my opinion nicely, then leave me alone. Just kindly leave me the hell alone. Simple as.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Gee, this episode was a waist of time. This all is starting to feel like Johto because the writers do get oppurtunities to show all of Ash's Pokemon but they aren't doing that. I think they want to give the starters equal time among themselves then the other Pokemon. Not like Johto when Totodile was ignored, Chikorita was the attention and Cyndquil was the muscule only when needed.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I have a better idea, people can just leave me alone instead of acting like a jerk to me (and trust me I'm sugar-coating it when I say that).

And who said I wanted it to be action packed. All I want is fairness to Ash's other Pokemon.

You know I hope we never actually do see Swadloon ever again, because when 6th gen rolls around and Ash's Unova are dumped as usual, at least I'll be right then. And I expect to see apologies then.

Honestly people it's very simple; I don't care that you hate Ash's Pokemon it's obvious, if you're just going to be jerks instead of discussing my opinion nicely, then leave me alone. Just kindly leave me the hell alone. Simple as.

I hope this dosen't come across as rude or anything, but I don't think anyone hates ash's pokemon or anything, I'm pretty sure people just kind of accept that we'll see them when we see them, and there's not too much point in fretting about it.

Maybe it's stepping out of line to say this, but maybe if you lowered your expectations and just kind of go with the ride of the show, you wouldn't feel so worked up, and you wouldn't feel like everyone is attacking you. No piece of entertainment should be worth this much stress am I right?

quick sum up: just go with the flow boyo, you'll be happy you did. :p

Janovy

Banned
What you don't understand that your constant negativity is getting on everyone's nerves. You do have a right on your own opinion but at the same time, others have the same right to tell you to STFU and leave them alone and discuss something else but Ash's Pokémon not appearing yet again. When have we ever heard a positive comment about BW from you? I know you're disappointed but you need to understand that specific people (such as myself) are not amused nor thrilled by your outbreaks of negativity about BW.

You just come across as a hater who hates BW and your posts suggest nothing other than that. So no, why should the fandom leave you alone when we have our right to complain about other users as well just like you do every freaking time about BW?

Your constant negativity is ruining everything.

dman_dustin

You do have a right on your own opinion but at the same time, others have the same right to tell you to STFU and leave them alone and discuss something else but Ash's Pokémon not appearing yet again.
Telling me to STFU or telling me to stop being negtive ned, or telling me to do something or what I am, HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS EPISODE NOR ANY EPISODE FOR THAT MATTER. Keep that in mind the next time you decide to be rude to me.

When have we ever heard a positive comment about BW from you?
This episode specifically:

And ignoring the idiotic usage of Swadloon (come on writers, Sewaddle would've made far more sense), the episode was passable. I personally don't like this episode, but I'm not going to be say it was a horrible episode.

Or instead of a stupid opening with Ash trying to tickle Pikachu to death (I don't care how cute it was)

As for other episodes, there's the subway team rocket episodes. And prior to the Don Battle, I liked a lot of episodes, though at the time I didn't post reviews here constantly (there's quite a few episodes I missed). But on Bulbagarden my reviews of episodes are usually positive of the ones I missed here.

You just come across as a hater who hates BW and your posts suggest nothing other than that. So no, why should the fandom leave you alone when we have our right to complain about other users as well just like you do every freaking time about BW?
Complaining about a user =/= complaining about an episode and the show's format, and as far I can tell it is wholly off topic to complain about a user.

Your constant negativity is ruining everything.

I don't see how, I don't force people to read my posts. I'm not stopping people putting me on their ignore list. Etc, etc, etc.

Again if people aren't going to attack my opinion and only my opinion leave me alone. Insulting me or tell me to STFU is attacking me personally not my opinion.

And no saying my opinion is too negative isn't really "attacking" my opinion. Attacking my opinion is a lot like what Serebii and Pepsi Plunge did. And Somorio wasn't rude at all.

But something like

If you don't like it then there is no need for you to have a b!tch fit about it.
Saying that I'm having a B!tch fit sounds more like attacking me personally rather than attacking my opinion or what I say.

And it's as simple as I care about Ash's Pokemon. We haven't seen Swadloon in 16 episodes, GOD KNOWS WHEN IT WILL EVER SHOW UP. And it sucks majorly for me.

I'm sorry that I can't be a robot who would rather insult a user than find faults with the show. I can't be like that. When I find something wrong with the only thing that I care about in this life, I just can't sit idly by and accept it.

And for your information because of people attacking me before I didn't post opinions on the Subway episode nor the Maractus episode.

I slipped on the Alder episode, but at least I did find things I liked there. Just like this episode. If this episode was a one off thing, I'm sure it could be considered a very good episode. But it just had to unfortunately fall in after the Duosion/Beheeyem episode and the Alder episode. Then again it's not like it would've been much better.

Although maybe if the writers would actually use Ash's Pokemon in the first place, maybe the only episodes I would've complained about is Pikachu being used in the Club Battle, and the horrible quality battles (trust me a 30 second battle, or a 1 minute and a half is not a good battle). But hey I found the Scrafty episode decent, even if I didn't believe Meowth being fired. And I also found the Cubchoo episode decent as well and also the Subway Battle episodes.

So NO, I don't hate every episode.

Honah

breedin' n grindin'
Why are people okay with Ash not using his Pokemon.

I'll just step in to say I'm also one of those people who enjoys an episode without pokemon once in a while. There might not be an answer to why people "are okay" (a.k.a. enjoy) with that. This isn't like some puzzle that can be solved with enough answers. I'm sorry that Pokemon episodes are not one-size-fits-all and today it just didn't happen to be aimed toward folks whose enjoyment of an episode is measured by the number of battles.

http://youtu.be/Wjai_SUlAwc?t=1m51s

Last edited: