• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

dman_dustin

There's more to a plot than how many pokemon show up yet that's all you ever talk about.

Except when we haven't seen a Pokemon that hasn't done anything for over 20 episodes, not even a measly cameo shot, unlike say Tranquill in the Scrafty episode.

Look I'm sure if the writers actually put effort into Ash's Pokemon, let's include Iris's and Cilan's Pokemon. I'm sure CoTD only episodes are perfectly fine. When they continue to deprive said Pokemon for other "more important" Pokemon or fill up episodes with crap that some people might not enjoy (Pokemon included or not), CoTD only episodes are really irritating.

It's like in order for the writers to focus on the non important Pokemon it can only be in a non-filler episode, and yet whenever it is a filler episode, instead of creating episodes similar to the episode Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet (excluding all the non-filler stuff) they decide to just decide to an episode just for the hell of it without any real consequence.

I'm sure this episode has its fans, and I'm sure some people like it but it doesn't have any value which would make people want to re-watch it again?

There's no way I would be like "Oh yes it's been years since I saw that Sawsbuck episode with that one photographer, I want to see it again." This episode is like candy, sure it might be interesting the first time, but afterwards its just a candy wrapper.

However if we were to inject a scene where Ash's Swadloon got to kick some rear end, or maybe Tranquill, <insert any other shafted Pokemon here> and I would rewatch this episode in a heartbeat just to see the scene where said Pokemon gets to have some awesome focus.

Just like Snivy and the Scraggy and Gothita episode, I might watch it for the Scraggy focus, but since Snivy was being a badass, I think I'd like to rewatch it just to see her kick Gothita's rear end.

This episode, just doesn't have that re-watch value that other episodes have. It isn't action enough, it isn't heartwarming enough, and it doesn't have very much comic relief in it, so why rewatch this episode.

This episode felt more like showcasing the Sawsbuck's forms just so they don't have to worry about the forms later on and showing that time is passing. Shame they couldn't throw the Deerling forms in there as well at least then it would've been more worth it.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was a wonderful episode rendition of Pokemon Snap; we get a character that reminds me easily of Todd Snap from the Pokemon Snap game and the the anime! This was a really neat episode. Especially with the history about the four Sawsbuck that reside in a single area.

Too bad Iris and Cilan were booted a lot from this episode, but it does add to the whole "possibly Inception" thing at the end. When they said "you were only gone 10 minutes" mystery.

Come on Nintendo, give us a Pokemon Snap 3DS game! This episode was easily teasing us for the demand of this game.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
This episode was not neccessary. Another COTD would wants to hold yet another camera. First it was Trip, than Luke, now this guy. Is there anything else for these kids to be than anything to do with film?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Ugh...why introduce a new character when the writers could have just brought Todd back? He's been absent for such a long time he would have had that "new character smell" for the new viewers. That would also have appeased the older viewers who would appreciate seeing him again.

Last edited:
It was an alright episode, but I wouldn't exactly watch it again. Just one of those ideas where the writers wanted all four seasons of Sawsbuck in one episode.

Haunter ゴースト

Just one of those ideas where the writers wanted all four seasons of Sawsbuck in one episode.

Yeah, just like how BW001 was an idea on how they wanted Ash to travel to Unova, BW002 was how they wanted Ash to see Pidove and catch one, BW003 was how they wanted a group of Sandile to attack, BW004 they wanted an injured Tepig to appear...

They have an idea for every episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Good ep one of the better BW ones. Had a AG feel to it.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
Come on Nintendo, give us a Pokemon Snap 3DS game! This episode was easily teasing us for the demand of this game.

I...really cannot agree with this statement anymore than I am. lol. Yes, yes, yes. We're so overdue for a Pokemon Snap game that it makes me sick and I think the 3DS would offer a great experience for said game. *crosses fingers* Maybe one day...

Yeah, just like how BW001 was an idea on how they wanted Ash to travel to Unova, BW002 was how they wanted Ash to see Pidove and catch one, BW003 was how they wanted a group of Sandile to attack, BW004 they wanted an injured Tepig to appear...

They have an idea for every episode.

They didn't have to put all of them in one episode smart one. The more natural approach would've been introducing each Sawsuck with its respective season.

They didn't have to put all of them in one episode smart one. The more natural approach would've been introducing each Sawsuck with its respective season.

It's been Spring way too long in the anime. I don't think they would have enough time.

Haunter ゴースト

That would cause a few problems.

1 - It means the writers have 3 more formes to debut.
2 - This means fans will rage when Sawsbuck is the focus of more episodes.
3 - If all of the formes debuted throughout the BW saga, people would only be confused and annoyed at how it hasn't been a full year or hasn't shown the seasons properly etc. etc.

It was much easier to show all of the formes in a single episode as a special event/rare occasion, which the writers did perfectly.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
3 - If all of the formes debuted throughout the BW saga, people would only be confused and annoyed at how it hasn't been a full year or hasn't shown the seasons properly etc. etc.

I agree but wait why can't years past and they still remain the same age? Like in Simpsons for example. Just cause Pokemon is anime doesn't mean it has to follow regular anime logic when they age right? I feel the series has lost its anime traits and has fell into a regular western cartoon years ago. (Of course its still anime but you know what I mean)

Haunter ゴースト

I agree but wait why can't years past and they still remain the same age? Like in Simpsons for example. Just cause Pokemon is anime doesn't mean it has to follow regular anime logic when they age right? I feel the series has lost its anime traits and has fell into a regular western cartoon years ago. (Of course its still anime but you know what I mean)

It could work, but personally i'd hate this to happen.

It annoyed me enough when we found out Ash was still 10, let alone having years actually pass and no age difference occure.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I...really cannot agree with this statement anymore than I am. lol. Yes, yes, yes. We're so overdue for a Pokemon Snap game that it makes me sick and I think the 3DS would offer a great experience for said game. *crosses fingers* Maybe one day...

Eh! No more snap games, please!

Anywho, this episode was boring as hell. Why couldn't we see a battle between somebody instead of being in the woods taking pictures? What happened to Pokemon episodes being interesting?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Eh! No more snap games, please!

Anywho, this episode was boring as hell. Why couldn't we see a battle between somebody instead of being in the woods taking pictures? What happened to Pokemon episodes being interesting?

God after DP we don't need battles shoved in our faces every damn ep. Pokemon is about the adventure not every ep has to be battling.

JRB24

i agree with the1stpkmnfan, todd should've made an appearance, that would've been cool, but the writers seem to be focused on new content and not thinking of bringing back old characters. and i was surprised when ash seemed like he didn't know what a pokemon photographer was. also i swear robert's grandfather is voiced by brock's 2nd voice actor, bill rogers. during the second flashback he definitely sounds like him.