• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

Canada

Banned
I hated this episode when I first watched it and I still hate it. I thought it was boring. The writers could have been more creative here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I thought this episode was awesome. I liked how it showed all four Sawbuck formes. I still think they should have shown the four Deerling formes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Quite a boring filler; it might have actually been more interesting if Todd had returned, but instead we got his reincarnation lol. Oh well, it was nice to see a Pokemon photographer in general and I liked that Robert used a Swoobat to aid him in his search for the Sawsbuck. I was bored the moment Ash and Robert got separated from Iris and Cilan though; neither did much to carry the episode so things got stale as they wandered around the forest alone imo. I found the ending to be really cliche, but the animation in general was really nice.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I actually liked this filler...sorta Narnia-ish with the fog time LOL
The cotd really reminded me of Todd Snap from the Original Series...too bad Robert isn't a recurring character.
We need to see more Pokémon photographers in the anime!

NPT

Just a member
The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!

This was a decent BW episode in my opinion. it was more of an adventure-themed episode than a comedic episode, which is a nice change.

Robert was a good COTD, he reminded me of Pokémon photographer Todd Snap from the Kanto saga. I liked how this episode was focused on the mystery of the four seasons of Sawsbuck. I also liked how Only Ash and Robert got to see the four seasons of Sawsbuck together at the same time, but Iris and Cilan didn't. It's odd that Ash and Robert spent a whole night after seperating from Iris and Cilan.....but in reality they got seperated from Iris and Cilan for only Ten miniutes. I guess somehow the time slowed down for Ash and Robert when they entered the fog.

When Ash was all "Pokemon photographer?" I thought he was going to say "I met this Pokemon photographer once back in the Kanto region!", what with him briefly pausing for a second.

An episode of Pokemon where we see none of the group's Pokemon? Seems a little unusual, but it was an alright episode nonetheless.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It was quite weird seeing all four seasons of Sawsbuck together as the title seems to imply but otherwise it's an alright episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Huh the Robert character kind of reminded me of Todd Snap from OS given his photography hobby. I'm not a fan of Sawsbuck however, so seeing the summer, autumn and winter formes didn't interest me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that Robert's dream of photographing all four forms of Mebukijika was great, although he kept getting bad luck, like when he got poisoned by Morobareru's spores while saving Shikijika. I really liked that Robert had photos of Gen 1-4 Pokemon, though. I was getting tired of just seeing Isshu species.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was a cute filler episode, a break from what we have been seeing recently and it was just really enjoyable to watch the Sawsbuck plot. I particularly enjoyed the opening scene and the scene during the spring.

Alloutℯ

Banned
First of all, the COtD was very interesting. Photographers are really awesome, as my friends call me one. Robert was very enjoyable. This whole Sawsbuck plot was awesome. I liked how all Sawsbuck were at that one place at the same time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As intriguing as Mebukijika's seasonal form changes are, I can't help but feel that this episode could've been much better if there had been less focus on the Pokemon, and instead more focus on the seasons themselves.

I thought that this was a pretty enjoyable episode. Seeing Ash play with Pikachu like that at the beginning was adorable. Robert was a pretty likable character of the day and it was kind of nice to see another Pokemon photographer. Also were the Sawsbuck using Aromatherapy or was it just some magical spring water that healed Robert?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Mammalian Pokemon really enjoy being petted, as shown with Ash and Pikachu in the beginning.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
Mammalian Pokemon really enjoy being petted, as shown with Ash and Pikachu in the beginning.

I question if that's supposed to be a trait exclusive to mammalian Pokemon, though. I'm pretty sure that all Pokemon even those based on birds, reptiles, amphibians, etc. enjoy being comforted like that based on previous instances witnessed in the anime, not just mammalian Pokemon like Pikachu in this episode.