• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The FR/LG Monotype Challenge! V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stofwolk

Old School Trainer
Hehe, yeah, I noticed once I posted. Posts shouldn't be as big as that one from now on since I plan to update regularly. I figured since it was my first post here I might as well Zerg Rush the minds of the lower creatures mingling here and overwhelm them with a massive wall of text that would discourage most trolls from proceeding :p.

Anyhow, for your type challenge, if you haven't done one before I'd suggest something easily accessible, like grass, bug, flying, normal, water after you get a rod. Ground and poison and such are also doable but you really need to pick your pokemon since there aren't a lot of them prancing around with their silly types. Although anything is doable ingame ofcourse, since you can also just get a Haunter (Or Gengar if you can trade), level it up to 100 and complete your montype challenge that way with Ghost :S.

tl;dr: Pick grass, bug, flying, normal or water :p

PS. Chinese got nothing on my wall, i pwn them and their silly accent!

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
I finally decided to transfer my FR team to SS after some serious training, and now I have nothing to do on my game, so I've decided to start up this Monotype Challenge.

Now, since I am use FireRed Version, and my username is Fire_Pokemon_Master_271, it only fitting that I chose the Fire type for my first ever monotype runthrough.

Will update when I get some good progress in.

Shiny Espeon0429

^

My Fire challenge is near completion - I'm just training for the E4. Misty is hard, but apart from that, it hasn't been too difficult.

On my FireRed, however, I plan to do a Bug mono-type. It won't be easy, but I'm looking forward to it!

My team will be:

;012;
;015;
;047;
;049;
;123;

*runs to gameboy*

I'll update when necessary.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
I started one a while ago i chose fire but couldnt find any good pokemon so i changed to flying
current progress

Tweeter(pidgeot)
Lv. 36 Normal/Flying
Featherdance
Quick Attack
Tackle
Wing Attack

Spear(fearrow)
Lv.32 Normal/Flying
Peck
Pursuit
Mirror Move
Fury Attack

Charmy(charizard)
Lv.38 Fire/Flying
Wing attack
Dig
Flamethrower
Metal claw

HM slave Paras
up to celadon city

Edit: For those of you who saw my post, after SIX HOURS of training I beat brock with my Pikachu.

Pikachu-2.gif
Piko Level 20
Thundershock
Slam
Thunderwave
Double Team

To Mt. Moon! Should be easy with Piko's high level.

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Darter/scyther
lv.42
aerial ace
swords dance
wing attack
slash

Spear/fearrow
lv.47
drill peck
secret power
agility
mirror move

tweeter/pidgeot
lv.41
fly
featherdance
wing attack
quick attack

charmy/charizard
lv.44
wing attack
dig
flamethrower
slash

dodo/doudo
lv.26
soon to be added

up to poke mansion

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Picked up my Poison monotype, and beat Surge and traveled through Rock Tunnel. Beat Erika too, and now I'm in the Celadon Game Corner.

Venusaur Lv. 32
Arbok Lv. 32
Nidoqueen Lv. 32
Nidoking Lv. 32
Tentacruel Lv. 32

Gonna add a Gastly soon, and Weezing and Muk when they appear.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
(darter)scyther lv.52
aerial ace
swords dance
wing attack
slash

charmy(charizard) lv.50
wing attack
dig
flamethrower
slash

tweeter(pidgeot) lv.50
fly
featherdance
steel wing
quick attack

anybody have a replacement for quick attack?

spear(fearrow) lv.50
drill peck
secret power
mirror move
agility

speed(dodrio) lv.50
pursuit
drill peck
tri attack
uproar

HM slave lapras
when i beat victory road im replacing lapras with aerodactyl

up to victory road

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I beat Janine earlier with Nidoqueen, it was a really drawn-out battle, but thanks to her immunity to Poison, and Poison resistance, I wore him down with Body Slam and Bite. Now that I have his Badge, I Surfed to Cinnibar Island, dumped Arbok and Nidoqueen in the PC, and caught two new members, Grimer and Koffing, who surprisingly, were both Sassy! But I digress, now I'm training up the new members on the trainers from Fuschia to Lavender, as I beat Cycling Road already. Gastly evolved earlier by the way, didn't mention that in the last post.

Venusaur level 37
Nidoking level 37
Tentacruel level 37
Haunter level 37
Koffing level 30
Grimer level 30

Is it worth training Grimer and Koffing? I really want to train Koffing, but I don't know if Grimer will be any good. Is Venomoth a better pokemon over Muk?

Alder

Come at me bro
Oh lawds. If you have a choice between Venomoth and Muk, you best take the Muk, boy.

I happen to have used both in two different challenges. Venomoth is good only if you want Psychic attacks, which really only amounts to Psychic or Confusion. It also admittedly has Silver Wind, but you probably won't need that much.

Muk has much better potential. It's more durable, it hits harder, and it gets access to more moves such as Brick Break, a naturally-learned Sludge Bomb, Dig, Rock tomb...it also has Acid Armor and Screech, two very viable, very useful moves.

Venomoth can be good for status support, but if you're already using Venusaus I don't know what else you need.

Been reading through these and I was inspired to start my own on FR ^_^

I'm gonna do a Water type cuz theres loads for me to start with ^_^

SO then, heres what I've done so far, 26 mins to precise, since I've been reading this topic as well xP

So I began my game and chose Squirtle as my starter, obviously, and proceeded to pound my rivals pokemon to the floor. I then set out, taking on Pidgeys and Rattatas galore on my way to Viridian, picking up the free potion along the way. This got my Squirtle (Nicknamed Torrent) up to Lvl 7. I healed and collected Oaks Parcel and went thorough the grass back to Pallet, leveling up Torrent again. I delivered the parcel and collected the pokedex, and once again fought my way back to Viridian and healed again, Where I saved. Oh and by now, trashed my rival a second time, though Torrent was brought Down to the Red twice, and he's now lvl 10 and learned Withdraw ^_^

Current team:

;007; Lvl 10
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw

He has a rash nature ^_^

Updates when I've beaten Brock.

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
im adding an aerodactyl to my team and am training it moves right now
bite
rock tomb
wing attack
agility

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Earlier, I trained up Muk and Weezing to the rest of the group, and cleared out Silph. Co. Afterwards, I hit Sabrina. Hard. Haunter OHKO'd her Pokemon with either Psychic or Shadow Punch. For winning the battle, I rewarded him with evolution. I also taught Muk and Weezing Secret Power, and Venusaur Return. Gonna beat Blaine later with Muk and Weezing.

Venusaur level 42
Nidoking level 42
Gengar level 42
Tentacruel level 42
Muk level 42
Weezing level 42

Well. After laying most of yesterday in between the eating and decorating and cleaning, I managed to do a few things.

1: Got a HM Slave (Paras)
2: Beat Misty
3: Clear the S.S Anne
4: Beat Surge
5: Reached Rock Tunnel

Too much to detail, but my team now is

;007; Lvl 40
Rain Dance
Bite
Water Gun
Skull Bash

;046; Lvl 10
Scratch
Stun Spore
Cut
Flash

^w^

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After Sabrina, I Surfed from Pallet to Cinnabar. Trained up my team in the Mansion, and beat the gym trainers. Blaine was a challenge, but only Arcanine. Muk took care of Growlithe and Rapidash, while Weezing took care of Ponyta and Arcanine.

Venusaur level 45
Nidoking level 45
Tentacruel level 45
Gengar level 45
Muk level 45
Weezing level 45

Stupid me forgot to get the Magikarp at Mt Moon, so I hurriedly sped towards Rock Tunnel, dousing everything in Water as I went. In I went, and once again, drenched everything in sight. Nearly ran out of PP, but cleared it. I skipped Lavender Town for now, healing there and bypassing as many trainers on Route 8 as possible. Upon arriving in Celadon, I made a beeline for the Gym. Needless to say, it wasn't long before I took on Erika.

Torrent was massivley overleveled And still a Squirtle =D and so he Bit into her Victreebel even though it was spamming Stun Spore and Acid. Her other pokemon didn't last long and the badge was mine. Hurriedly, I withdrew a spearow and taught it Fly, and flew straight to Vermillion. Deposited Paras and traded Spearow for Ch'ding, which is now my HM Slave =D Spent 30 mins trying to get a Male Atk Nature Magikarp from the man, and got a Naughty one.(Tee-hee) I flew back to Celadon and scoured the game corner for coins on the floor and played a few slots, allowing me to buy Abra and Clefairy, 2 less pokemon left to catch for the Exp Share =D

I then traveled back to the Young Couple with the rapidash and Ninetales and began training up Magikarp, along with the Vaporeon I'd evolved from Eevee.(Eevee's back sprite is so cute >.<) After Typhoon(Magikarp) had got to Level 10, I traveled along to Route 8 and fought my way through it, eventually evolving Magikarp and getting my Vaporeon up to Lvl 30. I healed again at Lavender Town Pokemon Center and battled the trainers I'd skipped by the exit to Rock tunnel, evolving my Squirtle into a Blastoise, having learnt Hydro Pump at 47 instead of 66. I set off into Pokemon Tower, Typhoon at the ready. All the Gastlys in there got bit, except for the wild ones =D

Having realised I needed the Silph Scope, I flew back towards Celadon and charged into the Rocket Hideout, Water Pulsing all in sight. =D Pretty soon I'd looted all the items and leveled up my Vaporeon to 35. so close to Aurora Beam. I took Giovanni on with only Vapor(My Vaporeon) and owned his Rhyhorn and his Onix, which both fell to a single Water Pulse. Only his Kangaskhan left. that fell to 2 Water Pulses and a Bite, though I suffered some Dizzy Punch damage >.<

Having completed that, I made my way back to Lavender and entered Pokemon Tower. I fought my way through Pokemon tower again, and caught a Cubone. About to beat the ghost now.

Team now

;009; Lvl 48
Rain Dance
Bite
Hydro Pump
Skull Bash

;130; Lvl 24
Tackle
Bite
Splash

;134; Lvl 36
Water Pulse
Bite
Aurora Beam
Quick Attack

;83; Lvl 6
Peck
Sand Attack
Cut
Fly

Phew. Onto Silph Co =D

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
aerodactyl learned double edge and ancient power
replace rock tomb and bite he is lv.33 up to elite 4

I beat the ghost, and rescued Mr Fuji, and immediately headed down towards Snorlax, which I captured after a few attempts. I got the Super Rod AT LAST and began fishing post haste. After catching Goldeen and Horsea. I flew to Vermillion, and caught myself a Krabby and a Poliwag. I then continued down to Fuschia, bypassing as many trainers as possible. Upon arriving I set off into the Safari Zone and bagged myself 6 pokemon. Scyther kept popping up, but he always managed to Evade my safari Balls. I even got a glimpse of a Chansey, but it ran away. Undeterred, I flew back to Saffron and barraged Team Rocket in Silph Co with Gyarados and Vaporeon, and every single Scientist and Grunt fell in the space of 2 hours. Rival Battle was still one sided.

Gyarados Vs Pidgeot
Blastoise Vs Gyarados
Vaporeon Vs Venusaur
Vaporeon Vs Growlithe
Gyarados Vs Alakazam

I won.

Got a Mild Lapras and sent it to PC, before heading on to fight Giovanni. Challenged him, and once again, Rhyhorn fell to a single water Pulse. Nidoqeen however, was a little tougher and required 2 Water Pulses and an Aurora Beam to go down. Nidorino fell to 2 Aurora Beams and Kangaskhan was knocked down by Gyaradoses Hydro Pump attack.

Got the Master Ball and went into the gym. Bit everything inside, leveling up Typhoon by 2 levels. He ran out of PP, so vapor took the rest on. Leveled Vapor up again, and finally challenged Sabrina. 1 Bite took down her Kadabra, another Bite took out her Venomoth, 2 Quick attacks knocked out the other Kadabra, and Gyarados was sent out to fight her Alakazam. It used Futre Sight, I used bite. Repeat. and again. Got a lucky crit and ended the match before Future Sight could hit and got my 6th badge.

Flew down cycling road, having beaten the Snorlax there and got challenged by 1 biker in total. gonna use there to train up Lapras. I decided to catch a Scyther AFTER beating Koga, so I entered the gym. Finding my way around was a tad annoying, but the trainers posed no problem. Saved before the ninja master and challenged him. Muk went down with 1 water Pulse and 2 Bites. Koffing fell to 1 Water PUlse, as did the other one. and Weezing was taken out by 2 Water Pulses. Suffered some minor posion damage, but healed it at the Pokemon Center.

My team now ^_^

Blastoise Lvl 49
Rain Dance
Bite
Surf (forgot to mention that =D)
Skull Bash

Gyarados Lvl 42
Tackle
Bite
Twister
Hydro Pump

Vaporeon Lvl 46
Water Pulse
Bite
Aurora Beam
Quick Attack

Krabby Lvl 8
Bubble
Leer

Lapras Lvl 25
Mist
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Perish Song

Ch'ding Lvl 6
Peck
Sand Attack
Cut
Fly

EDIT: Beat the challenge. Trained Lapras up to 60 and everything else to 55-60 and took on the Elite 4. Vaporeon bit through Lorelei's Dewgong, Cloyster and Jynx, while Kingler and Kabutops finished off her other 2 pokemon.

Bruno's Onix's fell to a single water pulse each, and his Hitmonchan got Guillotined =D
Hitmonlee missed his HI Jump Kick and promptly KO'ed himself, and the Machamp fell to Vaporeons Acid Armor + Water Pulse.

Agatha's Gengar was cleaved in 2 by Vaporeon's Bite, as was her Haunter. Arbok fell into a crack in the floor from Gyarados's Earthquake. and her final Gengar died to 2 Bites from Blastiose.

Lance was simply Ice Beam. Gyarados fell to Slashing from Kabutops, and everything else got Ice beamed.

And my rival battle. Pidgeot got Ice Beamed straight away, Arcanine tried to ride a Surf and failed, Alakazam got bit by Blastiose, and Venusaur fell to 2 Ice Beams from Lapras. His Gyarados vs my Gyarados.

Foe Gyarados used Dragon Rage
Gyarados used Dragon Dance
Foe Gyarados used Surf
Critical Hit
Used Hyper Potion
Foe Gyarados used Surf
Gyarados used Hyper Beam
Foe Gyarados fainted

Rhydon died from a Water Pulse. Victory was mine!

However, I still had to get to the Sevii Islands. Which I did ^_^. Caught the Hypno by pure luck, and finished my challenge. Might do a BUG one next =D

Final Team

;009; Lvl 59
Rain Dance
Bite
Surf
Skull Bash

;130; Lvl 55
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump

;134; Lvl 59
Water Pulse
Bite
Aurora Beam
Acid Armor

;131; Lvl 61
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Hydro Pump

;099; Lvl 57
Crabhammer
Cut
Guillotine
Stomp

;141; Lvl 55
Slash
Mud Shot
Mega Drain
Endure

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I trained my Poison monotype team up to level 50 earlier on trainers I hadn't faced, and many through the Vs. Seeker. Finally got them to level 50, and challenge Giovanni, where Tentacruel OHKOd all of them with Surf, and now I'm battling Gary.

Venusaur level 50
Nidoking level 50
Tentacruel level 52
Gengar level 50
Muk level 50
Weezing level 50

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
im still stuck on elite 4 in my FR and still training aerodactyl

Status
Not open for further replies.